Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Woo HOO!! Supreme Court upholds Partial Birth Abortion Ban!!!!

Good question, Cleo's. The poster will quickly tell you that all organized religion is lousy. She's found one she can live with, but it is far from perfect. So I think that only the all-knowing Church of Patty is the only one we can all trust to interpret the Bible and tell us how to live.

Certainly not ALL churches split away from the Catholic Church in the beginning because they decided they wanted to live without the confines of the Bible's teachings. Mostly they started new churches and in the case of the Pilgrims even new countries, because of religious persecution and politics.

You've been quick to say that all people are sinners and far from perfect. Well leaders of those organized religions then, and now, are imperfect and motivated by greed, the sin of being proud and so many other wicked, wicked behaviors and beliefs that human beings are capable of.

But it is folly to say that all organized religion is impure and untrustworthy and not interpreting the Bible the way God intended.

There is no doubt however, that deep within the core of many churches today, runs a vein of corruption, hate, greed and evil.

Wow! I'll bet all those denominations, including all the protestant ones, would be surprised to learn that they are not using the bible as the basis of their teachings/faith.

I didn't say all of them.

I thought it was gay sexual activity that was the sin, not being a homosexual. So now, just being a homosexual precludes one from being a member of the clergy?

If the clergy are telling you that they are gay, without telling you that they recognize that it is a sin to have sex with the same sex, then they are wrong.

You are right in saying that it is the sex act that is sinful.

.I think a bigger sin is what many bishops of the Catholic church committed when they hid the sexual abuse of children by their priests and just moved the priests around until it became public with the lawsuits by the victims. Now these same bishops want to profess moral authority over many issues. They lost that moral authority in my opinion.

I totally agree.

So what christian denomination gets it right?

None. We all have our problems. That's why we all have one thing in common. Our need for the same Savior. A better question is "who"? Who has it right? God looks on each individual seperately from any building that he gathers in.

"If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord of all, then you will be saved."

Certainly not ALL churches split away from the Catholic Church in the beginning because they decided they wanted to live without the confines of the Bible's teachings. Mostly they started new churches and in the case of the Pilgrims even new countries, because of religious persecution and politics.

Did you mean to say "without"? Cause most people split away from the catholic church because they finally got ahold of the bible , that those in authority in the catholic church had kept them from reading, and read it. Once they read it, they realized that most of the teaching they were receiving was not lined up with what God had written and no longer wanted to follow the catholic ways.

You've been quick to say that all people are sinners and far from perfect. Well leaders of those organized religions then, and now, are imperfect and motivated by greed, the sin of being proud and so many other wicked, wicked behaviors and beliefs that human beings are capable of.

It's not just them, it's everyone in the world. But to be fair, it's not all leaders who are motivated by greed or proudful and wicked. But some are, no doubt.

But it is folly to say that all organized religion is impure and untrustworthy and not interpreting the Bible the way God intended.

And I never said that.

There is no doubt however, that deep within the core of many churches today, runs a vein of corruption, hate, greed and evil.

Even Satan claims to know Jesus. But to know of him is one thing to actually know him is another.

There is corruption everywhere you turn, and yes even in the christian churches. That doesn't make God any less real, it only makes our dependence on him imminent.

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A new poll shows 72 percent of Americans oppose paying for abortions with their tax dollars under the government-run health care bill in Congress.

Fascinating. A new poll, by whom? How was it worded? How do people know which bill before Congress it is that they're responding to?

Anybody can claim anything. Marketing companies do it all the time to sell their products.

But I must say that I don't doubt for a minute that Americans would rather not pay for other people's medical treatments. They can't even afford to pay for their own under the current system so why would they say they would like to pay for other peoples medical treatments under some new bill?

Not any medical treatment. Abortions. I can't even fathom why anyone who is prochoice would demand that others pay for what they feel is murderous. It's like me demanding you to pay for the killing of my child. Why a prochoicer would be offended by a prolifers repulsion of their tax dollars going to fund such an atrocity is beyond me. If they want to kill their unborn, then let them pay for it. To expect others to pay for it is maddening. It's one thing to believe what they want to believe, (mainly that the fetus is not an individual life and can be killed if mom prefers it to be), but to expect and even demand that others who feel quite differently support financially the disheartening, awful deed is quite another thing. The gall of liberals who are pro-choice!

You didn't answer any of my questions. You have no credibility. You have a lot of gall making the assumptions that you make and using such extremely biased sources.

Gall. The extremists invented it. In the dictionary by the word "gall" is a picture of Rush Limbaugh.