Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since you can't Celebrate with big meals anymore... have you decided what you will do when you hit your final and major goal? Or if you already have had your big goal celebration, what was it?

I didn't have anything in mind for a long time, and now that I have 2 surgeries to get through (My revision then a total body lift and arm lift) I really have thought about what I want to do for myself to celebrate making it. I have been fighting through some bumpy roads with my weight loss journey going on 10 years now. Since I am within several years of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I am feeling that excitement! *finally* and thank you GOD!

Anyhow I have 2 things in the works. An Old Hollywood style photo-shoot and a tattoo.

This outfit will be me dressed up as Marilyn Monroe.

post-151241-0-64695500-1402004124_thumb.jpeg post-151241-0-58190900-1402004125_thumb.jpeg post-151241-0-34324700-1402004126_thumb.jpeg

This dress will be me dressed up as Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra.

post-151241-0-23303000-1402004127_thumb.jpeg post-151241-0-25826600-1402004129_thumb.jpeg

And this tattoo came to be out of the blue in the last few months. An amazing WLS Sister made this for me. It is a patchwork design! Just one day she tagged me in a post and said she was making me a patch and this is what she sent me. I was brought to tears to be honest, it's probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me for no other reason except to be nice. I told her in return I would use the pattern to do my Final Goal Tattoo. I never knew what I wanted to do, but this absolutely took the cake, because she made it out of what she thought about me and my journey. :)

post-151241-0-26226100-1402004128_thumb.jpeg

And of course when this happens I will be sharing it here. It will be fun!

When I reach goal, I am going to buy some nice jewelry. I have only ever had Walmart costume pieces, and ready for something that fits my soon to be small hands - something with a jewel of sort in it. Right now, I give myself a non-food reward every five pounds down.

Oh nice :) I love jewelry!

1. professional photoshoot (probably with my dog, lol -- I want some pictures of us together, I have none).

2. a trip somewhere -- haven't decided where, probably depends on what I can afford.

Clothes, clothes, clothes. I don't wear jewelry or makeup.

I'll probably do a photo shoot for my husband. ...and as a photographer, this will be the first photo of me that I didn't drastically change in Photoshop! I usually liquify the heck out of my photos. Lol.

When I first joined this forum, I said I wanted to be healthy enough to sightsee in London. I've wanted to cross the pond since I was a young teenager and now that I'm in my mid fifties, it's not a cost issue but it was a mobility issue. I was on a cane and in horrific pain when I got banded but guess what.....I'm going to London in 2015. I still have some residual pain issues but I am able to do what my forum name says. I can gowalking again. I've made it. My celebratory goal is within my reach and close enough that I can taste it.

I bought a Bracelet - 6.5 inches and three pairs of knee high boots. And I celebrated by wearing them - all the time!

Love life at goal!

Lynda

Since you can't Celebrate with big meals anymore... have you decided what you will do when you hit your final and major goal? Or if you already have had your big goal celebration, what was it? I didn't have anything in mind for a long time, and now that I have 2 surgeries to get through (My revision then a total body lift and arm lift) I really have thought about what I want to do for myself to celebrate making it. I have been fighting through some bumpy roads with my weight loss journey going on 10 years now. Since I am within several years of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, I am feeling that excitement! *finally* and thank you GOD! Anyhow I have 2 things in the works. An Old Hollywood style photo-shoot and a tattoo. This outfit will be me dressed up as Marilyn Monroe. This dress will be me dressed up as Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra. And this tattoo came to be out of the blue in the last few months. An amazing WLS Sister made this for me. It is a patchwork design! Just one day she tagged me in a post and said she was making me a patch and this is what she sent me. I was brought to tears to be honest, it's probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me for no other reason except to be nice. I told her in return I would use the pattern to do my Final Goal Tattoo. I never knew what I wanted to do, but this absolutely took the cake, because she made it out of what she thought about me and my journey. :) And of course when this happens I will be sharing it here. It will be fun!

I would love to buy a new fur coat. My beaver coat is a size 22 and I now wear around 16-18.

I have 2 things in mind for when I get to my goal. The first is a budoir photo shoot for my hubby to thank him for putting up with my craziness followed by a family photo. I have no pictures of myself because I am so self conscious. It helps my sister is a professional photographer and the most non judge mental person I have ever met. She loves doing budoir shoots for all women of any shape and size because she thinks every woman should feel beautiful no matter what! I love that about her.

My second reward will be a family trip that is outdoor activities based! I haven't been able to do much with my children because of my weight and chronic back pain. Once my weight is down I want to go canoeing, horseback riding, hiking, rock climbing, and anything else that looks fun. We love to camp so we will find somewhere great to camp with many activities in the area.

My surgery will be in late September or early October. I am hoping we will be planning our trip for late summer 2015! Everyone should reward themselves somehow!

I'm loving all the major goal celebrations! I couldn't ever think of one that I really wanted to do and I'm so glad I have them now! I still have some hurdles to get over so it makes sense. :)

Thanks everyone for sharing!!!

I definitely want a professional family photo. I have a toddler that I adore and am constantly taking pictures of, but there are so few pictures of us together because I HATE having my picture taking. It makes me sad that I'm not in those pictures.

I also want to take an active family vacation next year. My surgery date is July 1st! So excited.

I lived in Brazil in 2012. I was so happy to be there but so unhappy in the skin I was in. I plan on taking a trip back next summer :)

Jamacia here I come with a whole new wardrobe baby! :-) I can't freaking wait!!! Parasailing, snorkeling, relaxing on the beach in my swimsuit, shopping, possibly a jump off the cliffs:-)

BTW I love your posts!! They're fun and motivating!! Thanks and have a great weekend!

Edited by enjoythetime

I'd like to take a nice family photo. On the beach in Cabo. :P

Seriously, though. My husband and I honeymooned in Cabo 10 years ago and it was spectacular. I'd like to go again and take my son along with us this time.