Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Granny:

I would love to go to a meeting. The only support meetings I was aware of, was in Havelock which is too far for me to drive. And I feel I really need that extra support. I had a terrible first week, sick and threwing up all the time. Finally they told me to go the hospital to be evaluated for dehyration, I got an IV and now I am fine since this Monday. The liquids, meds, mushies, everything is staying down. Last week I wont have done this again, this week, is so different:biggrin2:. I lost 15 lbs in a week my general MD said. Please contact me and let me know when the meetings are scheduled. My email is vmallard@ec.rr.com

I was so sick this was the first day I felt like even looking at the forum.

:w00t:

MY SURGERY WAS GREAT! I had my banding TODAY and I am sitting here AT HOME feeling good with just a little cramping, better than PMS. My surgeon in Asheville, NC is awesome. I have one small puncture and one 2 1/2 inch incision for the port. THAT IS ALL! This is some thing new, I think. I came home 7 hours after arriving at St. Joseph's Hospital, and then had a 2 hour ride which I spent napping. (My husband was driving!) I am looking forward to a speedy recovery and a whole new life!

Hope all continues to be easy. Mine was a piece of cake, and I am so thankful for that. Keep us all posted, we do care.

Your weight loss is amazing, Grammylou! I hope I will do as well as you have. Today is the day after my banding, and I am back doing housework and feeling great with just a little sting in my incision - which turned out to be 1 1/2 inches long, not 2 1/2 as I said yesterday. I'm on the way!

Hi NC Banders. I am not banded yet. I have been jumping through the insurance hoops for 8 months and have a couple steps left. I am really getting nervous now because everyone keeps telling me horror stories from people they know. Why can't I hear a good story? Can someone email me or answer me on which band you have and tell me the good, the bad and the ugly of it. I am 5'2 and weigh 242 and I am 51. I am as round as I am tall and am tired of it. Hoping to hear from someone. :wink2: