Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 28-31st Sleeve Week!

I was sleeved May 29th. I have 5 incisions. One is still painfull. I had a lot of iv liquid to get rid of. I expected to be down some pounds after just liquids for 5 days but am about the same weight. I guess I have a hyertle hernia so I have had problems laying down and feeling like everything is right there. Slept in a chair last night.

Hey Bella

I had a hyatal hernia fixed as well. I am assuming they fixed yours in the process? Yes, the chair works wonders. I was told after the swelling goes down no more pain and most likely no reflux. Which I have had for 5 plus years. But because of the swelling it feels like every swallow is going through a small hole. The good news great improvement this afternoon.

My fingers crossed for all of us.

Well day 4 post op and I'm on to phase 2. Everything seems to be going great and literally the house plumbing backs up while my personal plumbing decides its time to be overactive. Loose bowels and plumbing issues, not good. Getting it fixed now. Dr. says I need to add some Fiber into my diet. This is a typical side effect with starting phase 2. Could be lactose, Protein or who knows what but I guess it's better than being backed up.

Good news is that I'm down. 6 lbs in 4 days. I have no idea if this is typical but I'm happy with it.

Only down 2 pounds but I'm sure it will pick up. I'm not hungry so I'll be happy with all of my little victories. I do need to take something for a bm and get in more steps. How far are you all walking less than a week after surgery?

Howdy all! Post op day 6 and went to my first day of new job. Swelling of abdomen down soreness very limited. The occasional chest pain then burp when swallowing still on purée of 2 more weeks. Increasing Fluid intake. Learning to make Protein Shake with Greek yogurt , powder and skim milk making it 48 grams of Protein. Used about 5 oz of fluid to ensure I could sip it down timely. No pain meds at all needed. Closest to normal today so far. It DOES get better day by day!

Only down 2 pounds but I'm sure it will pick up. I'm not hungry so I'll be happy with all of my little victories. I do need to take something for a bm and get in more steps. How far are you all walking less than a week after surgery?

I'm getting in 2 half mile walks around the neighborhood and I'm also doing the steps in my 3level townhouse about four times a day. I feel like I could/should do more but it has significantly helped the gas.

I am down 10 lbs since pre op. Pretty common to gain during surgery and hospital stay due to fluids used. I've seen most loss last 2 days, believe my body has finally rid of all the extra Fluid. It's a race not a sprint all will come in time!

Hey guys- tomorrow if my 1 week!!! I feel pretty good, I've been getting out and getting my little girl into the stroller for two walks day the past 2 or 3 days... We've made 10k+ steps total the past two days (as per my fitbit) I'm dong well with the Vitamins, fluids are good and Protein is great! I've concocted a few 30-40gm beverages( that take me 2+ hours to sip sip sip on) I'm down 20 pounds with my preop diet and my postop thus far! When I came home from the hospital I was almost 5 lbs heavy then when I went in due to fluids and stuff, but that's gone and then some!( I don't know if I should consider my weight what I went in with, or came out with... To calculate just post op loss... )

I hope you are all feeling and healing well. Take your time... And sip, sip, sip... And little step, little step, little step!

Edited by Sh3iz

Sleeved on 28th an down 10lbs since released from hospital on the 31st! I'm trying my hardest to get my fluids In but I'm having a hard time. Also through out the day I get these horrible pains in my stomach an they go up to my chest. To be honest it feels like my tummy growling (very loud) but it is the worst pain ever:(

Had any one else felt this?

Sleeved on 28th an down 10lbs since released from hospital on the 31st! I'm trying my hardest to get my fluids In but I'm having a hard time. Also through out the day I get these horrible pains in my stomach an they go up to my chest. To be honest it feels like my tummy growling (very loud) but it is the worst pain ever:( Had any one else felt this?

When is the pain happening?- after eating/drinking?

Edited by Sh3iz

Hi all I was sleeved on Saturday the 31st at 9:15 in the morning by Dr. Chae. I was definitely nervous going in. The staff were all amazing. I checked out Sunday around 2 pm and I am surprised how well I am doing. Yes I do have pain on my left side and sometimes a burning sensation by the drain. Other than that I'm doing great and I'm excited to keep up with everyone and this journey we are all embarking on.

I've had some pains when drinking, right behind my sternum, and it's when I either take too large a gulp of liquid or when I take to many sips in a row and it feels like it's backing up a bit. Taking my time will be my biggest challenge throughout, I'm sure.

I looked in the mirror tonight and realized I've lost one of my chins! That's pretty cool. I was at 270 in March and this morning 248 so guess some of my lost weight was living in my face!

For an example..

I was in Walmart today with my mom, an as we were walking through the store All of a sudden i got a sharp pain in my tummy. Then by the deli area (where the foid is cooked an smelling good) I got one again! I assumed I was hungry an my tummy was growling because it stopped after I sipped done Water. I also had a hernia repair done the sane time as surgery

Edited by Krystal0528

For an example..

I was in Walmart today with my mom, an as we were walking through the store All of a sudden i got a sharp pain in my tummy. Then by the deli area (where the foid is cooked an smelling good) I got one again! I assumed I was hungry an my tummy was growling because it stopped after I sipped done Water. I also had a hernia repair done the sane time as surgery

Are you getting enough Protein? That maybe your tummy signal feed me protein! It's a struggle!

Are you getting enough Protein? That maybe your tummy signal feed me protein! It's a struggle!

I'm supposed to be getting 60 gm if protein in a day, an the shakes I mix has 30gms in each one. That has me to do 2 shakes a day but I'm barely getting in 1, but I do. It's hard to do that an stay hydrated with the 64oz of Water a day. I'm getting right at about 37-40oz of water in!

I'm supposed to be getting 60 gm if Protein in a day, an the shakes I mix has 30gms in each one. That has me to do 2 shakes a day but I'm barely getting in 1, but I do. It's hard to do that an stay hydrated with the 64oz of Water a day. I'm getting right at about 37-40oz of water in!

I have started boosting the shake with Greek yogurt to get 12 more grams! I try to keep shake under 6 oz of Fluid so I can get it all without it taking me all day! I am doing the same about 30-40 oz per day. Your shake fluid counts! Hang in there!