Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 28-31st Sleeve Week!

I got gummies!! My docs are totally fine with it, even through my clear liquid phase. I got 1 a day gummies from costco, plus C and Biotin ones at bartells. Honestly they are like a treat!

No gummies allowed for me. Dr says they get stuck. I had been using them pre-pp and love them.

I went 12 hours between pain meds today. Gas pains are the problem. I got some gas x strips and it seems to be breaking it up but very painful.

Ohh sweedish I will be sure I chew a LOT before I swallow the gummies!! Thanks for the tip!!

4 days out...Today was my first day out of the house (no I didn't drive yet), took a pillow to keep over the belly just incase it was needed for all the bumps in the road. Packed up 2 Protein Drinks, Water and my breathing machine because we took the long drive to the beach. Stopped for lunch - I had Soup and hubby had a turkey sandwich. One thing for sure is that my being sleeved is helping folks around me to eat slower :).

3rd day post op. still lots of pain and discomfort I don't seem to be feeling better as days go on. Not sure if the pain is from the belly or gas. I have some pain in my lower left back. I will be on Clear Liquids until Friday. Will try the gas x strip and see if that helps. Hang in there everyone!

I've been sleeved on May 27 and right now I feel kind of sorry that I did it. I think that I should have tried more to diet instead of going for a drastic procedure like this. I lost 30 pounds from the beginning of this process but this number is not making me feel better. I want to be healthy and have a normal life, not to become a photomodel.

I had complications because of anesthesia and/or pain killers and I have been so nauseous and sleepy that I believed I would die. That's gone now, but I am frustrated now with this clear liquid diet that I have to keep for one week, then another week of liquids but not necessarily clear, and then I can start the puree foods. Let me tell you that this is happening after 15 days of liquids/protein shakes diet that I followed strictly and of course the surgery itself. My stomach is grumbling and sometimes I have pain when I even sip Water... I started to have diarrhea and I wonder how could I have a normal stool when I live with Water, Gatorade, Multivitamins and broth?

I was also asked to make these injections with Levonox for 7 days but after the 3rd one I felt weakness in my feet muscles, so I refused to continue them.

I don't want to discourage anybody, I am just saying that things don't go always the right way. And you have to be aware of every single thing, good or bad, that can happen when you take this decision.

Danila I'm sorry you are suffering. I can't imagine having to do liquids only with a normal stomach! With this soak being cut and healing I believe liquids well let it heal properly. Before the surgery is just a diet. Right now is like physical therapy after a major injury, but for your new stomach. The first couple weeks can be miserable, but I haven't seen anyone a year out anyone who regrets surgery, even with massive complications.

This morning I woke up in extreme pain. I was sleeved on Friday. I was so glad the nurse was a button away. She brought morphine and put it in my port. After 5 minutes I got up and walked around a bit. So thankful in so in the hospital.

Drain comes out today after the last leak test. Should feel loads bet after that.

Hang in the Danila. This is the last diet! You won't every have to think about coming up with a new one to try or it backfiring. A few miserable days will be worth a lifetime of being done with the roller coaster of weight loss.

Hay everyone, sorry y'all are having complications! I am five days post op, I have two weeks of liquids, I have been taking my pills as normal with no problems, a little pain upon moving, getting up walking twice daily and around the house! But besides that I feel great!

Hi everyone as of Friday I'm sleeved! The pain was pretty bad for me. Also my nurses switched my pain meds from dialaudid to 2 Vicodin pills. I've vomited everyday so far, sometime pus/slime sometimes just big gas pockets. I was sent home yesterday late, so late we had to go to three pharmacies to find one that was open. I tried to sleep in the bed but had to change to the recliner around 3am.

The scopolamine patch made me dizzy and blurry vision so I took it off since I was sicking up anyways.

Today is day 5 postop. I started my Vitamins today. Trying to get some Protein in with shakes but do not want to overdo it. How much liquids do you drink at a time at this stage? I made 1/2 serving of a shake just now but now sure how fast/ slow to drink it. As tolerated or oz per hr?

I just took pain meds and sitting in a recliner with a heating pad on my belly feels really good. The gas is almost all gone. Still have surgical pain with movement. No BM today so I will take Miralax later today.

Hang in there everyone. We've almost made it through the toughest part. 3 days out for me. Yesterday the gas pains showed up. Gas x helped so much. Finally breaking it up so I could get rid of it either end. No BM I figure cause in still on clear liquids. kinda don't expect one for a couple more day. That's always an issues with me anyways. Dr gave me suppositories when I feel backed up. I'm down about 4 lbs since pre-op. . I'm happy with that cause I gained 3 lbs leaving the hospital.

Also sorry for those with pain and complications. I'm a 27 sleever(with a 9 month old) so I have to be up and Alert and active. I do have an extra set of hands with me while my husband works, thanx to Family- so I can avoid lifting my little tank. I have gone out and made not only a few walks, but two store trips also. I'm not probably getting enough liquid in but I am certainly trying: also attempting to concoct high Protein Shakes to get a lot of Protein into a little bit of liquids. As far as vitamins: I did go the Bariatric Advantage route that my surgeon recommends: I got the calcium chews so that's no problem- but the multi vites with iron- too big to swallow- I have been opening the capsule and mixing with applesauce or yogurt or Soup. The Vitamin part isn't easy because I am taking a vitamin or 2(also taking 10000mg biotin) every 2 hrs because ya can't take Calcium and Iron together... I wish everyone luck. I think in the end we will all be well and beyond happy with our choices and happy with our results even thru our struggles!

Edited by Sh3iz

I went 12 hours between pain meds today. Gas pains are the problem. I got some gas x strips and it seems to be breaking it up but very painful.

Amen.