Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm showering tonight dude!!!!! I figure there is no difference between tonight and tomorrow and plus Maral said I could! LOL :(

As for the gross tasting crushed demerol: here is the solution that I devised and it works wonderfully (for me). I do this not only for the demerol but my other meds that I must take every morning.

Recipe:

1. Crush all pills to powder

2. Place "powder" in small receptacle (ie. itty bitty bowl or a spoon)

3. Add 1/4 tsp of crystal light powder crystals (or similar subsitute)

4. Mix all powders (be sure to exhibit mad scientist laugh at this juncture)

5. Dump mixture in its entirety into your mouth

6. While mixture is in mouth (before swallowing) add swig (sip) of yummy tasting liquid (ie. apple juice)

(note: I wanted to use tequila but Mrs Yoda put the kibash on that one)

7. Swish around in mouth (ie. like mouthwash)

8. Swallow

9. Rinse mouth again with apple juice until taste is gone.

Her doctor was Dr. Yau!! He works out of the Scarborough-Grace as well as TLBC.

Ms. Yoda: Do the 'Yoda's' get a family-plan rate on this surgery? That was a great recipe for 'crushed pills' incidently. I do something along the same lines. I put the crushed meds in a little spice bottle and knock them back in one shot like Tequila.

Nooooo, sadly....no family rate!!!! Loriely and Mr Loriely might have gotten one because they booked theirs at the same time (I believe) and only had their surgeries a couple of weeks apart. (Loriely can confirm!).

But we had ours (& booked them ) a year apart....so treated differently. We even had to pay more since we each stayed overnight at the clinic!!! (sleep apnea).

No matter though...still worth the money. :nervous

Hey Susan: Who was your doctor at Scarborough Grace?

As Yoda said, Dr. Yau did my surgery at Scarborough Grace. Do you have to have yours done at the hospital as well?

I was done at TLBC... I had to stay over night at the clinic, cost me an extra 600 bucks for the nurse to stay with me... but I still think it was worth it...

I advise you to wait a couple of weeks for the Demerol Tequlilla shooters. Here are the instructions:

1. Suck the juice out of a lemon wedge

2. Lick the crushed demerol off your favorite body part of Mrs. Yoda

3. Shoot the tequilla.

4. Find a place to sit down.

Andrew

Thanks Yoda. I did lose about 10 pounds on the pre-op but it looks like I haven't lost more than 3 since my surgery. I sure am glad for that voice of reason because I may have been po'd. Hope Mr. Yoda is doing okay.

No... I was banded at the clinic. I would have been happy to do it at Scarborough Grace because I live in Unionville. Someone on one of the boards said that when you get fills at the hospital, it's a long wait. Maybe YODA can tell me if this has been her experience.

Tres Chic...the only reason I got filled at the hospital (2 times) is because, due to an issue, they had to do it under fluoro. Each time, I had an appt; the first time, I waited about 45 mins (Dr. J was late) and the second time (Dr. Y) I waited about 2 mins! The time after that (I no longer needed it under fluoro) I had my fill done at Dr. Y's office (in Scarborough near the hospital). My last one (a defill) I just had on Fri at TLBC (since Mr Y. was there for his surgery anyways).

I'm glad to see that everyone is feeling better. I have a few questions.

Does anyone feel tight when they get out of bed in the morning?

What can I do do to combat this bad breath... I brush and use mouth wash but since the surgery it smells like something died in my mouth.

I never thought I would say this but I had yogurt for Breakfast and it was so yummyyyyyyyy.

I'm glad to see that everyone is feeling better. I have a few questions.

Does anyone feel tight when they get out of bed in the morning?

What can I do do to combat this bad breath... I brush and use mouth wash but since the surgery it smells like something died in my mouth.

I never thought I would say this but I had yogurt for Breakfast and it was so yummyyyyyyyy.

No tightness for me. For the bad breath I am using those breath strips. They last for a little while anyways.

I will NEVER eat yogurt again!!!! I didn't realize it was on the full fluids list. I thought only Soups and juices.

Bad breath: Up your Protein and you'll soon notice the BAD breath will go away.... I could give you the long winded reason for why this happens but the bottom line is you're not getting enough protein.