Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@JustWatchMe, can anyone just show up to this meeting ? If so would you mind giving me their number or do they have a website? Thank you in advance

This is not my hospital. I found it by googling bariatric support groups. I go but I don't speak because it's not my surgical center. I'm also LapBand but I mostly go to the rny/sleeve group because I can't get to the earlier one fast enough after work. But I enjoy hearing the folks discuss the various issues WLS patients face. The facilitator is good too.

http://www.lcmh.org/mobile/forms/index.cfm?pageID=575&formID=4E07489F-F789-5FD6-FA5D6F323A325FA8

This is not my hospital. I found it by googling bariatric support groups. I go but I don't speak because it's not my surgical center. I'm also LapBand but I mostly go to the rny/sleeve group because I can't get to the earlier one fast enough after work. But I enjoy hearing the folks discuss the various issues WLS patients face. The facilitator is good too.

http://www.lcmh.org/mobile/forms/index.cfm?pageID=575&formID=4E07489F-F789-5FD6-FA5D6F323A325FA8

Also I didn't fill out any forms. I just show up and sit in the back.

HEY THERE I'M IN MAYWOOD. JUST HAD RNY BYPASS 12/24/14. ALSO LOOKING FOR A SUPPORT GROUP.

Hi there, I am also looking for a group to get together with. Maybe once a month and also have emails so we can ask questions, or if we have concerns...etc.... I am in the South Suburbs, Matteson. I haven't had my GB yet, but was told February, no date yet. So it looks like there are several people out here that really want to get together. If anyone knows of a good coffee house or place that we can all meet, that would be nice. I guess just set a date and time, and let's see if people show up??? What do you all think?? :)

Hello I was sleeved July 2014. Any time you need to chat let me know :)

I am 1.5-2 hours (NW Illinois) away from Chicago though that is where my surgery will be. I dread the traffic and hope that my husband can take me to all of my appointments. I am in my 3 months with Registered Dietician and will likely be having surgery sometime near the end of August. I would LOVE to find a group closer to my home- not in Chicago. Are there any meetings close to Rockford, Rochelle, Dixon, Sterling, Freeport perhaps? Willing to drive, but Chicago traffic freaks me out. Looking now so I can get my head around what is coming. Thanks...

I am 1.5-2 hours (NW Illinois) away from Chicago though that is where my surgery will be. I dread the traffic and hope that my husband can take me to all of my appointments. I am in my 3 months with Registered Dietician and will likely be having surgery sometime near the end of August. I would LOVE to find a group closer to my home- not in Chicago. Are there any meetings close to Rockford, Rochelle, Dixon, Sterling, Freeport perhaps? Willing to drive, but Chicago traffic freaks me out. Looking now so I can get my head around what is coming. Thanks...

I was hoping for a meeting near Elgin...if you find one let me know...otherwise I plan on going to the monthly meeting at the Kane Center in Hoffman Estates this Saturday at 10:30a. ..only thing is you pay $10 for the hour meeting.

HI! Thanks for replying!! It looks like you have already had your surgery? Mine wont get scheduled until I complete my 3 months which I am nearly 3 weeks into. My surgery will be a U of Chicago. Elgin would be easier to get to, but still a trek for me. I think I spoke to someone at the Kane Center prior to getting set up in Chicago. I have no idea where Hoffman Estates is, but it can't be as bad to get to as downtown. If you go to one, let me know. If I can't find one closer, like you, maybe I will try there. Good luck and thanks! :)

Hi everyone, I'm in the north/northwest suburbs of Chicago, out by Elgin and would be very interested in joining or starting a group.

I'm in Chicago the city soon to be sleeved, my question is how long after the psych evaluation does a person have to wait for the surgery? I have an appointment November 6, 2015 with the psych doctor at Uic

@@shortcake48, you may get many different answers to this question.

here's an example, my best friend is having her surgery at university of Chicago and she had her psych eval done the same day she met her surgeon, back in July. She is now going through all of the other required tests and is hoping to have her surgery in December.

I had my surgery at Good Sam. After my Psych evaluation, which I had in August of 2014, I still had several test to complete and was not cleared for surgery until the middle of Sept. Of 2014, but I opted to wait till Oct.2014.

I should also add my psych eval involved meeting with the doctor as well as coming back another day for the written test. My friend did not have to complete a written test, go figure.

Being sleeved in Dec. I should know the date by next week. Wouldn't mind having some one to talk to about this journey

. I'm in Glenwood, Chicago hts area.

@, I live near you can private message me if you want. I am a little over a year out, still not at goal, urrrgh, but feel great!

I see that it's been some time since this post has been visited hoping to find some people near me in Kankakee county that have found local support or who might be up for meeting on a monthly basis!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App