Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian Bandsters

from what I had was the first two weeks the pain was off and on it kept getting less and less

I remember walking teh floors at night thinking what did I do to myself But it is all worth it.

The hardest part was that you are so hungry untill the first fill and sometimes even after the fist fill. This surgery I think made me more obsessed with food I think all day what my next meal will be how much protien I have gotten in am I getting in enough nutrition.

As time goes on it will get easier and your body will not crave the junk food. If I eat any beef stuff or anything with grease I will throw it up My fat contant daily is so low that my stomack can not handle the heavy amounts of fat.

Untill your first fill at 6 weeks you will not feel much different than before surgery with eating.

It will get better and it will be worth it

I'm almost 4mos post and doing great! My toughest was the 3wks after just from the shoulder gas pains. My doc follows the same post-op diet for his by-passers so that helped me with junk food/sweet food cravings. And as mentioned before, the temptation comes from the devil himself so God gave me the power to overcome it. I'm at 2 fills now. I never got really hungry/famished until day or two before the fills. And I honestly owe that to my head!! God has really shown me that this is ok with him and He continues to provide me with the strength and courage to go on each day at a time. I still enjoy my sweets once in a while. No certain foods bother me yet but Cereal (sticks to my tummy). As you can see, my weight loss has been good so I'm still looking forward to what God has in store for me! All He wants is us to give it to him. He knows we'll struggle from time to time, that's why he never leaves us alone! God bless and keep us informed of your progress.

I'm new to this site. But I had my surgery 8/12 and am feeling really good except I am incredibly nervous about eating! My doc says I can start my soft diet tomorrow. Any words of wisdom?

I, too, was banded on the 12th. The first time I tried soft foods, I felt nauseas after about a tablespoon of soft cooked salmon. I didn't try to eat again for a couple of days. But then the next time, I was fine. I think after I ate I got a lot of gas in my stomache. Try Gas X. How much have you lost so far? How much are you hoping to lose? As far as eating goes, don't be afraid, start with something like pudding or oatmeal and take only a few bites till the next day. See how you feel. When are you scheduled for your first adjustment? I'm kinda nervous about that. Does that sound silly? After everything I've already been through. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

if I could perhaps ask a silly question, who is Courtney Love, I think I know but not sure , and how do we know she had the band?

Edited by bandeddolphin

Hi oreokitty,

Reading your message, you were saying that you are a diabetic. I am too. I got the OK for the surgery so I'm waiting for the date. I'm pretty excited about it and also nervous. I hope everything is going to be fine. He said that as soon as he can book a op. room I'll have to take SlimFast for 2 weeks. I was wondering if you were still taking any diabetic meds. I'm type 2 and I take indulin 4 times a day plus 4 metformin pills, plus med. for high blood pressure because of diabetes, one aspirin a day for my heart and xenical to help me lose weight. Hopefully I'll be off all those meds. It took me a while to be at peace with my decision to have that surgery. I was seeking what our Lord's wanted for me and I didn't want to do something He didn't want me to do. He really did open all the door so I could see that He was giving me his blessing. A couple of months ago, I would have to pay half of the surgery and they the government decided to pay it all. Then I woulld of have to travel 2h30 everytime to see the surgeon and to have the surgery done there. Now. we have a new surgeon who does those surgery 10 minutes from my place and instead of being on a 2 years waiting list, I'll have the surgery probably in November or December of this year. Thank you Lord!!!

clempier, New-Brunswick Canada

the deep thing is that i am still alive and know God is with me ,

i have been on a crazy road with this band an i believe it is only him that got me this far

x R

Dear oreokitty,

I'm so glad you mention that you are/were diabetic, I am too. I'm still waiting for my surgery. It's new at the hospital not fare from my place and they're not ready yet. Part of me is anxious to have the surgery and the other part is wondering if I'm doing the right thing and the unknown is always scary. If you don't mind me asking, are you still diabetic? If so, are you still on medication? If not, how long did it take you after the surgery to be a non-diabetic, like no more meds? That's one of the main reason why I want this surgery, if I can get rid of insulin at least. I'm so sick and tired to give myself insulin. The hardiest part for me right now is the portions I eat and in the evening. I don't know how I'm going to react after the surgery. I keep praying God to help me but I'm having a hard time not to eat in the evening.

Hello fellow christian bandsters,

I am so grateful for this website and the choice to change what I have previously let go--my weight. I feel as though God has given me an open door to gaining control of my obsession with food. My banding is in 4 days and though I am excited, I'm not nervous because I know he watches over me. Good luck to all of you and thank you for your inspirational messages, they are truly a blessing.:smile:

The beatitudes say "blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." The LB is God's blessing for those christians who struggled with gluttony. He forgave us for that sin through the shed blood of Jesus anyway, but to help us with our struggle of overeating daily and having this thorn in our flesh, he provided a way. God is good to us. Some on this post, way back, have struggled with whether God would approve of this surgery and instead want us to lose the weight on our own by doing the right things. I believe there is nothing wrong with having surgery to help you with your health. God would not have a problem with anyone having heart surgery if they needed it, even if they needed it because they ate fatty, high cholesterol foods all their life and it resulted in their heart attack. So why would God deny an overweight unhealthy person LB surgery to correct the results of their eating wrong all their lives? I believe he allows us to make choices in our lives concerning things that are right and wrong. Having surgery is not a sinful thing, so this is one of the choices we can make in life that's up to us. My Pastor said this once: "When does a parent interfere with what their child is doing? Usually when he sees the child doing wrong he steps in. If the child is playing on the floor and all is well, the parent just oversees the situation. But when the child is headed for the stove, the parent protects and when the child picks up a toy to throw at another child the parent disciplines. But if the child isn't doing anything wrong, he allows him to go on playing (living his life)This is how God deals with us I believe.

All,

Please pray for my baby. I am 16 weeks pregnant and just had to have surgery (on Tuesday) to remove my band. Long story short, I had beyond extreme morning sickness and it caused my band to slip. Was admitted last Thurs night/Fri morning. Just came home yesterday.

My little baby has been exposed to anesthesia and pain med. Although the docs tried to use stuff that is 'safer', still, I feel so bad that I had to put my baby through this. I am so worried that some damage has been done. Please pray that God did have His hand on my baby and protected him/her from all of this.

And also pray that I don't let the guilt eat at me. I know the surgery had to be done, but still.

Thank you all!!!

I will certainly pray for your baby. And for you. So sorry to hear what you've just been through. God is in control. He loves your baby and will protect him/her. Please don't feel guilty. You did nothing wrong to feel guilty about.