Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

even after all this time... struggling with the whole "you eat like a bird"

I'm amazed and irritated at the things people will say to me about my eating too. And okay, offended. That they mean well doesn't much change this, manners and decorum and boundaries are still expected, at least by me.

Recently my sister who knows all about my WLS has been telling me I should be eating more, pushing food on me, talking to me about her "knowledge" of how much our bodies need more things that I'm eating. She's advocating large portions of veggies, little treats, drinks I can't have, and lots of carb-laden starches I choose not to eat just now. I've told her my eating plan and keep reiterating the doc, nut, and RN's advice, and she of course persists, all the while complaining vociferously that she's just GOT to lose 30 pounds (yes, she's overweight). I hate that she keeps doing it and she's not any sort of medical or dietary trained person - just pushy and likes to know all. If it weren't so irritating I'd have laughed at replaying the whole thing yet again the other day. I've decided now I'm just not going to do anything to means sharing meal time with her for a long while.

It's not her or anyone else's business to "fix" my eating! And hey, for once it's not even broken. One more "Have some...." or "Is that all you're eating?" or "That's not good for you to eat so little!" and I swear I'll lose it. All these years I've been not just obese, but "morbidly obese" she's championed any eating plan I attempted, this one included. And this just feel like sabatage. It is definitely NOT okay.

CowgirlJane - you're right on the mark with this one!

I get this when I go out to eat because I can only handle a few bites and everything else gets boxed to go. If my boyfriend orders and appetizer I generally dont get as may questions I think because people assume I filled up on that. But otherwise I get a lot of is your food ok, is something wrong sort of response from the servers, which I guess are doing their job to make sure the food is ok, but it does get annoying at times.

screw em. you live in your body not them. who gives permission for others to critique your looks, your body, your food or anything else about you! be happy and do your thing, darlin. love sara

Love it when an old thread is revived. This was 3 month ago. .. I still say...leave me alone. . My body! My bmi remains at 23... I pray that I make this same claim many years from now. But for now.. I cling tenaciously to a "normal" weight. I know I have sisters of the same family. ..The people with the disease of obesity with symptoms currently under control.