Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Does eveyone get a "ball"? I never heard of this before and my doctor did not mention it.

Toni,mm and other earlier Junebees, when does the stomach feel a little better to get up? Are you sleeping in a regular bed?

Back to my exciting slimfast!

I didn't get a "ball".

I'd say I slept comfortably after the 4th night. It was difficult turning over in bed for the first four nights, then by the fifth night, I just felt MUCH better and even found myself on my stomach! I never had much trouble getting up from a seated position. I'm thinking a lot of that has to do with "where" the incisions are??

Good morning bandies! I hope all the new bandies are doing okay this weekend. I'm on day #6 of my pre-op, doing okay. My scale didn't move this morning. I had sushi for my dinner last night instead of Lean Cuisine and had some goat cheese and pita before bed. But, I haven't had a #2 for 3 days. Does anyone else have that problem?

Toni, thank you for what you said. :girl_hug:

Season, what is the Protein called that you got at GNC. I don't have one of those stores, will have to travel to the mall to find it.

I got dh on the diet with me. I think that's the ultimate support! He does get a lot more cream in his coffee than me though. Pfffttt!

Have a great weekend!

Toni,mm and other earlier Junebees, when does the stomach feel a little better to get up? Are you sleeping in a regular bed?

Back to my exciting slimfast!

I'm sleeping in a regular bed, but the first three nights were not fun!:cry Your abdomen will feel better and better each day, but I must say, my port is still sore, and it's been 9 days! Time will heal.....:clap2::girl_hug::clap2:

My port is down in the center of my stomach a few inches above my belly button, not under my breasts like someone mentioned theirs was. I have no problem wearing a bra. I have four other tiny spots around that area, more to the sides, one tiny one up beween my breasts,, could be from the hernia he fixed? I was so drugged up after surgery, I don't remember much. I spent the night and both the doc and his physician assistant came in to see me. She is great. Also the nutritionist. I was surprised they let me go home by 11 am, since I was not done until after 5. But I can feel the difference in 24 hours. I am looking forward to every day coming!!

I am asking for everyone's prayers. My Mom was told friday that she has a mass in her right lung. She is scheduled for biopsy Monday. Please pray that it is benign. I am thinking about canceling my surgery. I have gone from excitement from awaiting my band surgery to being in the most horrible nightmare the last couple of days.

I am a woman of faith I am trying to focus on only positive things for my Mom.

Thanks for letting me share.

Snoopy

I am asking for everyone's prayers. My Mom was told friday that she has a mass in her right lung. She is scheduled for biopsy Monday. Please pray that it is benign. I am thinking about canceling my surgery. I have gone from excitement from awaiting my band surgery to being in the most horrible nightmare the last couple of days.

I am a woman of faith I am trying to focus on only positive things for my Mom.

Thanks for letting me share.

Snoopy

I am so sorry that your Mom is going through this scary time right now, Snoopy. Prayers are lifted and please keep us posted!!!!

Hugs,

Toni

Cblancha, I'm on a primarily liquid, but I get a Lean Cuisine and some salad. Still I'm really hungry, especially at night. Will it help to know I'm doing this too? I feel very motivated, even though it's tough.

You know, you're the same age as my mom...would be....she passed away in November, suddenly from a DVT (deep vein thrombosis/blood clot) after a hysterectomy. I feel in my heart she would do this with me if she was here. We were the same size, had the same struggles. I honestly feel her obesity contributed to her decreased mobility and development of the DVT.

Anyway, I thought of that when I saw your age. Hope you don't mind me sharing. This time is very emotional for me.

Hi, Rhonda

Thanks for responding to my post. Yes, it does make me feel better to know someone is going through the same thing. I guess even if you are eating at least one meal you are still hungry. That's why I like this site. So sorry to hear about your Mom. This is a very emotional time anyway. Be sure that your Mom would have wanted you to do this for yourself.

I am very motivated also, and will do this! I know my breatheing will improve along with everything else. At night is when I eat the sf popsicles and Jello. Jello really helps because its something to eat. Oh, chicken and beef bouillon is great also. I'm having great results so I guess I shouldn't complain. My neighbor asked me the other day if I would like a sf snowball. It was delicious. banana

Would love to keep in touch with you. I will continue to keep reading as much as I can . I look here everyday. Who told you about the metracal? Talk to you later.

cb

Snoopy,

I've been in your position, and you and your mom are in my prayers. Just hang tough and be as strong as you can. It helps to seek others who've been there for support.

Thanks Momma and Ja9va for your words of encouragement.

I don't own a recliner so I slept in the bed last night. Or should I say, "slept"? I didn't get to sleep until about 3am and woke up around 8 or 9. After I posted earlier today, the vicodin started kicking in a little more. The gas is still there, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday. My belly is much more painful today than it was yesterday, though. It must be the anesthesia wearing off...thankfully all my incisions are pretty close to each other -- an inch above the belly button and below the bra line, so my clothing shouldn't interfere with them while they are healing.

Dawn, I don't think the GasX is worth the money. I'm still taking one every so often, but I don't think it does anything helpful, placebo-wise or not. Others here might feel differently.

Also, I found that Tylenol just started making an adult-dose chewable tablet for anyone looking for a chewable pain killer for after being banded (I couldn't find the liquid tylenol).

I'm DYING to take a shower -- my doc said Ihad to wait 48 hours. Anyone else have this order given to them? I feel all greasy and sticky from all the tape all over my arms and chest....(sorry, that might have been an overshare).

Snoopy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I had to wait 45 hour and had my 1st wonderful shower today!

Hi Janine

My port is right under my left breast... I've had to pull the wire out of a few bra's to be able to be comfortable during the day!

My surgery was at 10.00am on the Friday and was released at 12.00ish on the Sunday. I hated being in hospital but I think that all the fluids they pump into you plus the constant "top up" (on time) with Pamol (liquid painkiller) etc has really helped my recovery... the toilet and the hospital bed were much higher too which makes getting in and out of bed etc much easier. With that in mind I was sleeping on both sides the night I got home and a couple of nights later on my tummy with no trouble... after the gas pain subsided (7 days) I feel great and am back to walking 5kms (a little slower but OK).

I must admit though that my appetite is returning with a vengence! I am going to have to rely on will power if I am to loose too much more weight before my first fill at 8 weeks... I wanted to loose another 10kgs (22lbs) before then but I now feel that that may be difficult :-(

Take care and I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly :-)

MM, how did the chicken go. I was wondering if it got stuck or went right through without a problem.

Snoopy, you and your mom will be in my prayers tonight. I will be thinking of you.