Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Great to see all the June Bandsters coming back to give us their story. I so wish I was still a June Bandster, but now I'm in the Lucky 7 group, having surgery July2.

Best of luck to all that had surgery today. Hope to hear from you soon.

Tina,

You can e-mail me at dolphinatic617@yahoo.com if you need to talk, or you can find me in the Lucky 7 thread. I'm not familiar with your Dr, but I'm wondering if you can pay a small fee to join the support group at St. Luke in florence. They meet one night a month, I think on a Thursday.

It's something you can call and ask about. I know a lot of my Dr's patients are on Obesityhelp.com in the Kentucky forum.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Have a great day Junies.

Lynette

MM, I am so jealous of your exercising. I took my kids for a walk to the corner store. It is about 2 blocks away. I was in so much incision pain after the walk. I love to walk and my kids do too. I used to walk alot but this first one really hurt I am not sure when I am going to take the next one.

hey farmerE, just want to let you know i'm also being banded on june 26th so you wont be alone.

hope everyone is doing well that have been handed and thats folks on pre-diets are not struggling too much. x

I was just banded on June 4th. I am doing well, physically, however I have a lot of gas, and my bowel movements are not regular, and most of all I am HUNGRY!hungry.gif

I am still on the liquid diet, but I also, have had Soup and cream of wheat. Which my nutritionist said is fine. Once I eat, I am fine, but I get hungry again very fast. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue.

The gas is something I anticipated to deal with, that get's better by the day. But I have always had regular BM's, and now they are slowed down to a crawl! I do drink Water, but I fill up fast with water. How are you all doing with drinking all the water? Any tips on any of the above mentioned, please let me know.

Oh, and I am craving popcorn popcorn.gif

MM, I am so jealous of your exercising. I took my kids for a walk to the corner store. It is about 2 blocks away. I was in so much incision pain after the walk. I love to walk and my kids do too. I used to walk alot but this first one really hurt I am not sure when I am going to take the next one.

Take it easy on yourself HM. We all heal at different rates. I've always been a lightning quick healer. You'll get there before you know it. The first six weeks are for healing...everything else is icing on the cake :)

Hey Everyone!

I had my nutrition class this morning and my pre-op appt this afternoon. I am supposed to be at the hosptial at 6:15 AM on Monday morning :notagree. I am the 2nd surgery of the day! They didn't do my blood work today so they said they would do it Monday morning when I got there.

The nutrition class was very helpful, she told us that she recommends us not eating anything over 15 carbs per meal (when we get to the regular "food" stage).

I went to WallyWorld and got my *YUMMY* Fleet Lemon something Soda for Sunday, gee that should be a fun evening I am not looking forward to experiencing. I have to take 3tbl spoons at 1PM and then again at 6PM, Clear Liquids only and nothing to drink after midnight.

I went to GNC this afternoon and found some New Whey Protein mix, you mix it with Water or juice, it is pineapple, Orange, Bananna flavor, It smells pretty good and has 50 grams of protein for 1 scoop, with no sugar, fat or carbs and only 120 calories. I figured it would be really good mixed with Sunrise Crystal Light orange. We are supposed to be getting 60 grams of protein a day, so that one scoop gets us a huge chunk of our protein for the day!!!

I hope everyone had a great Friday!

Well I am home from the hospital now and am now an official Bandster!

It was all very uneventful, which is wonderful. I am feeling significant discomfort...not really pain, per se...but it feels like someone parked their car on my abdomen/chest! LOL Lots of pressure. I haven't experienced any gas or nausea yet, but all I've had today is some Crystal Light...sipping that all day. Slept a little and about to sleep some more, but wanted to post and say hello and tell you Bandsters to be to GO FOR IT! No regrets here at all...just something to go through and this period will be very brief!

Good luck to all and take good care, Stef

ETA Lynette, Luck 7 sounds great. You'll be a pioneer there. I was originally a May bandster and got bumped back to June. Post in both threads.

Good to have you back Stef. I understand just what you mean about the parked car.

I am amazed at how quickly everyone is recovering. I certainly haven't gone for a walk yet and it's been three days. It doesn't help that it's been a non-stop monsoon outside but I probably wouldn't want to walk anyway. Around the house is enough for me. I don't feel in the slightest bit hungry. In fact, I'm finding almost impossible to get the minimum liquid/nutrition required and a struggle to have anything at all. Maybe that'll change in a few more days. I'm not going back to work for at least 7 days and I will take longer if I don't feel up to it.

The gas is definitely subsiding - not so bad now. I guess some people get it worse than others. Heat pack helped a lot as does de-gas and prune juice to get the bowels moving. I've also heard you can by a dissolvable fibre supplement if anyone's having trouble in that department Also, I've been sipping on peppermint tea as I've heard that helps a lot with gas.

I haven't had one caffeine craving or any caffeine withdrawals so don't worry.

QuadMom, you're not going to die in the surgery. It is so much easier than all the other things you've achieved. I can't believe you're a QuadMom! Your life's going to be so much easier when you have some weight off.

ETA: I forgot to say that you can by a pill crushing gadget quite cheaply from pharmacies. It really helps to take them ground up. You don't want to damage your stitches.

I love this thread, even if I can't name you all individually to wish you well.

It's been a few days since I last been on here and I had 200 posts to catch up on. It's getting big. Anyhow I will be working offshore for the next 17 days then I'm back home for my band. I am happy to hear that everyone is doing so well.

I have seen a few videos of the op on LBT and I was wondering if they could record and maybe get a copy of my own. Does anyone know? I know myself and a few people would like to see it. Anyhow best of luck to everyone.

Hi, all!! They just called! I'm scheduled for 12:30 on Friday, June 15 with Dr. Scott Ellison of Weight Loss Surgical Center in Overland Park!

I'm so excited! :faint: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It's just so cool that you and I will be banded the SAME day by the SAME doc! I wish you all the luck!!

It's been a few days since I last been on here and I had 200 posts to catch up on. It's getting big. Anyhow I will be working offshore for the next 17 days then I'm back home for my band. I am happy to hear that everyone is doing so well.

I have seen a few videos of the op on LBT and I was wondering if they could record and maybe get a copy of my own. Does anyone know? I know myself and a few people would like to see it. Anyhow best of luck to everyone.

I want to have pictures taken of my surgery. Lol. I thought maybe Iw as strange. I would LOVE a video!! I should call my nurse and ask if they can do that for me??

I've never heard of someone filming their op before. You'd have to ask the doc, I guess. Too bad there aren't any other guys on this thread but best of luck with your 17 days off-shore - then it's band time. I bet you'll have lost so much weight by then , you almost won't need it.

Hello everyone, it is 1:15 AM Saturday. I got home around 1:30 on Friday. I had a rough night after the surgery. First my doctor was running behind 2 hours, which resulted in me laying there waiting, building my anxiety. All the doctors and nurses were wonderful the entire time. The surgery went great, I had a hernia that he stitched up too. I heard of others having bad reactions to morphine, and I wish I asked for something different. I was sick all night, dry heaves. It was not fun. I have had difficulty bouncing back, or maybe this is how I should feel 24 hrs out. I slept most of the day and now I am up. I have had hardly anyting to drink or eat, I can't seem to get myself to, is this normal? I don't want to dehydrate. I hope tomorrow I am feeling better to increase my intake. I am told to have 3-4 shakes a day, not sure I can from that little cup or any other way??

I am having gas too but I have the gas pad on. I will be in touch soon.

Thinner1 , what hospital were you at? I was at St. Mary's in Richmond.

Oh, one more thing, I could have sworn we were at a higher page than this, but my computer is saying 54???

Oh...was anyone told to come off caffeine before surgery? I was advised to not have caffeine (or very little of it) after surgery and was told to start now to avoid the withdrawl headaches on top of everything else. Anyone have any hints for this? I'm having a hard time with it...

My program forbids caffeine after surgery because it is a diuretic and would then contribute to dehydration. I was caffeine-free for two days and I finally decided that I would allow myself one (big!) cup of weak coffee in the morning for sanity's sake.

I have had difficulty bouncing back, or maybe this is how I should feel 24 hrs out. I slept most of the day and now I am up. I have had hardly anyting to drink or eat, I can't seem to get myself to, is this normal? I don't want to dehydrate. I hope tomorrow I am feeling better to increase my intake. I am told to have 3-4 shakes a day, not sure I can from that little cup or any other way??

Oh, one more thing, I could have sworn we were at a higher page than this, but my computer is saying 54???

Welcome home Java!!!!! :):clap2::) I'm sorry you're having a tough time, and take all the time you need to rest and heal!!! You are completely normal, but do try to drink!!! Do you have any phenergan or anything from your Dr. to take for your nausea? That might help you get thru this little bump in the road....

You can drink from any container that will hold how ever many ounces your shakes are (6 or 12?) and just sip them slowly so you don't feel nauseated.

Your brain is not playing tricks on you....we really are on page 54.....800+ posts, though, which is amazing!

---Toni

Anyhow I will be working offshore for the next 17 days then I'm back home for my band.

Take Good Care out there, Captain----Godspeed! Hopefully the days will fly by, and then it will be Rock-n-Roll time!!!!! :clap2::):clap2::)

---Toni