Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

WOW Stef you make it sound like so much fun! You are AMAZING - can you even imagine doing anything like this 9 months ago?

Rhonda - I know you can do it! I know you have struggled with your restriction, but your persistence will pay off.

Thanks Wombat - I have been pretty down about my plateau, but it seemed a lot better today. If I could just stop being hungry!

mjsafari---GOOD 4 U!!!! It feels awesome when we see that we can purchase smaller sizes!!! I had a similar experience yesterday. I've never shopped at TJ Maxx, but I was with a friend and decided I'd try on some clothes...I was so surprised to get into smaller sizes (16)....I was so excited that I went to JC Penney and bought a couple outfits ( I had gift certificates)-----You're on your want to "Onederland!!!!"

Stef---GREAT JOB!!! You do make riding sound fun!!! How on earth do you ride and take px??????? You're so talented!!!!

Rhonda--Hang in there--be faithful to the fills and keep riding....You guys are so inspiring. I don't think I still remember how to ride a bike. I'm not even sure if I remember how to swim. I'm going to try as soon as the heater at the gym pool is fixed. If I've forgotten, I think I'll take lessons.

Wombat--I love reading your posts--you're so encouraging!!

Thanx, BigBaby! Talented? No! Crazy? That's more like it! LOL I almost ate pavement twice while snapping pics! Scary! I'm taking it on the ride this next Saturday, too! The Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush are all in bloom and I'm gonna get tons of pics on this 63 mile ride out in the country!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll have you guys' plans to you this evening...are you ready?

strong_woman.jpg

shock-1.jpg

Edited by TexasFire67

I'll have you guys' plans to you this evening...are you ready?

I'm ready...and excited to see what you come up with!. Thanks!

bigbaby, karla, o2bthin, Suzzzie, wombat712: Check your PM's in a few, guys...

Stef, you keep sending PMs to the wrong ME. Lol. Remember, you need to put the . after my name. :regular_smile: I'll still go over to my other screen name and answer them though... only for you!

Stef - you are so awesome for doing this!! I am totally ready to have my but kicked.

All of a sudden I have started losing weight again. Don't know why - I only did one extra day of exercise this week, and I've been eating total crap. HAHA! I'll take it any way I can get it though!!

This morning's weight - 138!!! OMG - my twin sis is so jealous - she told me in church that when I get to a size 6 to send my 8's her way - NOPE!!! I'm going to a tailor!

Love y'all!!!! Junies totally rock!!!!

Gen (wombat)

Hi! It's been one of those days and I couldn't wait to got on this thread and see how everyone else is doing.

I'm so upset with my DH today I could do bodily harm (to him). If you don't mind I need to vent~ I was swimming 1 time a week for months and that just wasnt' doing it so I've increased my time at the pool to 3-4 times a week. I only go for 1 hour and I swim 1 1/2 miles each time I go. Well, this next Saturday I have planned to go to an

"Extreme Intervals" aerobics class and then my monthly support group meeting. The reaction I got from DH was as though I was going whorin'. He actually told me that "I was putting myself in front of the kids" and "that he thinks I'm getting obsessed with this". He nearly had to have my size 9 surgically removed from his rearend. If the kids wouldn't have been around the words would have been flying. He did apologize for the comment about 15 minutes after he said it. I believe that it was only because I was crying and cleaning the house like a mad woman (I do that when I'm pissed). Yeah ~ I think he'll be sleeping on the couch~ I don't forgive that easily. Thanks for letting me vent.

Steph ~ I look forward to the kick in the butt. I ordered that book that Suzzzie. was talking about "Lift like a man, look like a goddess". I can't wait to get it. HECK ~ MAYBE I AM OBSESSED! Who gives a crap ~ I'm doing this for me and my kids.

Did I ever mention ~ my DH didn't want me to have this done. He even told me he wouldn't take me down for the surgery. In the end he did, but I'm kinda like an elephant ~ I never forget. By the way ~ he could use a lapband.

Sorry I'm being very negative tonight. I'm just extremely angry and upset. He's just lucky it's not mushroom season or I'd have to go "mushroom picking".

Karla--that's what we're here for....you can unload all of that "baggage and junk" on us anytime....It's better to get it out rather than do bodily harm to him!!! If you get pissed again, feel free to come to my house and clean :regular_smile:

Stef--I just sent my info..hope it's not too late!!!!

WOMBAT---YOU ARE ROCKIN IT!!!!!

Karla, sound like your DH is very insecure, probably a little jealous. I think the problem lies with him and he will try whatever to put it on you. We do need to put ourselves first, even before our kids and spouses. If mama aint happy, no one's happy... isn't that a saying?

Karla - so sorry DH is being a bootie. You are looking so good and he's going to be insecure and feeling left behind.

You are not being unreasonable in taking care of yourself. In the beginning, it felt like it was selfish but in reality, by taking care of ourselves, we are doing it FOR our DHs and kids.

{{hugs}} for you!!!

Gen (wombat)

thanks bigbaby - I changed my ticker to show my weight, instead of weight lost. Just another kick in the butt to get to onederland! congrats on the 16s!

Karla - I am sorry your husband is not being supportive. Even though mine had his lap band a month before mine, he really never says anything about my progress. Even when I was showing him the smaller sizes, I couldn't get a sense of what he was thinking. I finally just said is it good or bad and he still didn't say anything. I just keep thinking he sees me naked and sees how bad I look. I am not sure some times which is worse Fat or loose skin hanging. But I feel so much better and actually feel like in the right clothes I look okay, so I have to keep going. It is OKAY for you to be doing something for yourself!