Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

I changed my user name, guys and dolls! :)

Great screen name Stefanie!! It suits you with all your energy :thumbup:

What a beautiful day we had here in TX. OMgosh I didn't expect it to get as warm as it was but what a delight! I had to turn on the AC in the car since we had on long sleeves.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

wombat

Great screen name Stefanie!! It suits you with all your energy :eek:

What a beautiful day we had here in TX. OMgosh I didn't expect it to get as warm as it was but what a delight! I had to turn on the AC in the car since we had on long sleeves.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

wombat

you suck. Lol. It was 12 degrees here this morning... can't wait until I move to texas next spring!:thumbup:

Thank you, Wombat! What a nice compliment!

Yes, it was absolutely AMAZING weather here today, wasn't it? I got out on my bike and set a new high...68 miles! My legs did great, but my neather-regions <sp?> were screaming on the last part! I barely made it back to my truck in time for dark. I have a light, but just don't want to be out there at night, you know?

I feel fantastic after the ride, actually. I hope everyone had an equally amazing Sunday!

Yea suzzzie - come on to Texas!!!! What part are you moving to?

Sorry it's so cold where you are! I would love to move North because it is soooooo pretty the rest of the year. I just can't take that kind of cold during the Winter.

Wow Stephanie!!! 68 Miles ?!?!?!?! egads :)

Happy Monday y'all!!!!

wombat

Stef, You must be 6.8 miles, right? WTH??? I'm starting to hate you!!

It's cold here in WA too Suzz. My elliptical trainer is frozen outside on the porch. I'm dreaming of warm beaches and desert climes!

Stef, You must be 6.8 miles, right? WTH??? I'm starting to hate you!!

It's cold here in WA too Suzz. My elliptical trainer is frozen outside on the porch. I'm dreaming of warm beaches and desert climes!

Um, yeah! I meant 6.8 miles. Yeah, that's it.

No, seriously. I think it's a little over six miles one way just to get to the first park so I can START the trails. It really was an awesome ride! You can do it, too! It's so great to get out there and just ride and ride...no problems...no kids fighting...no bills.......just you and the pedals. It's an amazing stress reliever! It's funny because I think folks think I'm full of crap-o-la when I say stuff like that. Like my mother...she signed up for the MS150 with me and when I took her on a training ride, she says "You are actually SERIOUS when you say we are going that far?!?!?" Well "DUH", mom! LOL I was proud of her...she's 60 years old and she hung right in with me for over 40 miles! Gotta love it!

Stef--may I ask why did you change your screen name? I love it!!

I had come up with that for another site recently, and am kinda fond of it! I've been Stefanie42467 on so many sites for so many years, that it makes me just yawn.

I kinda luv "TexasFire67"! (You know, because I'm so shy and reserved and all! :smile2:)

It's getting a good response, too! I love that! I'm glad you like it, as well!

Hey Stef,

I didn't know you were a moderator- cool. Your photo clears up any confusion about the ID change anyway.

Yes, ma'am. I was just invited to moderate this weekend, and accepted. A lot to do, and I love it. So y'all let me know if there is anything I can do to help out or improve things. :scared2:

Thank you much! Still learning all that, but basically welcome everyone, foster a postive attitude on the board, keep the forums clean and on topic, get rid of spammers and unruly folks to keep it nice for everyone, address reported posts....basically read, read, read as much as possible to make sure it is a safe, positive, learning environment for all.

I can't believe there was no activity for the past couple of days!!! How's everyone doing?

Suzzzie...WHERE ARE YOU!!! I always enjoy readingy your posts...You keep me rolling..

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU ALL---DON'T OVERDOSE ON CANDY!!!

Stef---I may have asked you this earlier, but I can't remember. Do you eat the Supreme Protein Bars as a Meal Replacement?

Also--I started the couch to 5K training program. Wombat is going to inspire me--she's on week 3. Today will be day 2 for me....my calfs were sore

Wombat--what type of exercise do you do on the off days?

Well I was banded 6/28/2007 I started off great. In fact with in the first two weeks I lost twenty pounds. Then I was able to eat and I had a slight gain. So I had my first adjustment and lost a couple of pounds but I still felt no restriction. Then a month later I had another and explained to my surgent that I was switching jobs and would be with out insurance for a couple of months but would follow up once I had medical coverage. Well then the holidays came and I was able to eat anything and everything and feeling depressed about it. To make betters worse the new job I took had horriable insurance and I was able to see my surgent untill yesterday 2/12/08 and the last time I was there was 9/2007. Well I gained twenty pounds back! I wasnt true to myself or this process and I do take responsabilty for my down fall however I was so affraid of my surgents responce that I brook down in tears when he came into the room. He said he wasnt suprised since I havent had an adjustment in so long and the first two I had where small ones. We had a good talk and he told me its not to late to get back on track. Unfortunaltly I am switching jobs again to something better with better coverage but I will be with out health coverage for a couple of months again. When I first started reading other post on this page it have me hope to know I wasnt alone. I hope my story will do the same for some one else. I had a big reality check! But most of all it made me realize I had this surgery for a reason and put a lot of money, time and hard work to have it and I wont to continue well. So here I am back to square one BUT I am determined to do it now and do it right!