Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

haha! Thanks Faithmd!! You're awesome!

OH thanks for reminding me about that recipe! I was going to make those for a party I am having on Friday with my high school drama club friends!

I have a job interview in Nashville next week - flying Southwest. Normally I would boycott Southwest, but since they are paying for the flight, I have to do it. I am not too worried about the seat and seat belt this time, but I haven't flown them in so long, I am not sure. KC never says anything about size, nor have they asked me to purchase another seat - unlike San Diego. I don't think Nashville would bring it up either - any experience? At 265, I should be fine, but I HATE even having to think about it!

I've only ever flown Southwest - and have never had a bad experience. Just flew to Las Vegas in late May at my high weight of 380 - could still buckle the belt and everythign (barely!) And I'm flying to Houston on Thursday on Southwest. :confused: I'm excited to not have to struggle with the seatbelt Lol.

Speaking of happy things!! I went shopping for my trip yesterday at for years now I've only ever bough 4x or 30/32 in tops - and yesterday I bought 3x and 26/28! How exciting!!

An EXCELLENT NSV, Suzzzie.!

I've never flown Southwest and after watching the A&E series Airline, I never will. I'm too scared I would be one of those people they pull out of line and make try out a seat, and I'm not a fan of herding folks like cattle onto a plane as a free-for-all for seats. I can't stand General Admission concerts, I really don't want my plane to be General Admission, too. I could be totally wrong about the experience, though. One of these days I'm sure I'll get on a Southwest flight. I mostly fly American. I'm also a big fan of Ryan Air and AerLingus for their level of service internationally.

See, I've heard lots of bad stuff about Southwest, but I've never had a bad experience. I guess I'm just lucky! On one flight home from Vegas about 2 years ago we had the most awesome flight attendant and as we were coming back into KC she got on the intercom thingy and beautifully sang a soft song about coming home from a vacation... I have no clue what it was but I could have listened to her sing all night!

OK - And wanna hear something GROSS!?!?!

On my way to work this morning I was drinking my Protein Shake and after about my 3rd sip I sucked a bit into my airway and started coughing. Uh... don't cough while there is still stuff above your band! I totally PBd the Protein Drink (made with MILK!) all over myself!! It was everywhere! It was think and slimey and gross. I had to turn around and come home to clean up and change and was about 30 minutes late to work! haha!

Thank you Suzzie!I can't wait to try them.

I was reading the May thread and one of the members was offering to ship some pants to someone that they may fit. That would be so cool! She said the Sister hood traveling pants, for bandsters! I have a brown lined suit that is a size, 18 or 20, I will need to check, Liz Claiborne, I bought in February at Macy's. I am 5'8"/ 5'7" so I if your shorter you would need to hem them. I also have a nice pair of black heavy material, size 20. I have more, but they are all summer. Jeans too, size 20. I would be happy to ship if someone wanted them. I don't mind. You can PM me your address. what do you think??? I thought it was a cool idea.

Have a good day!

Thank you Suzzie!I can't wait to try them.

I was reading the May thread and one of the members was offering to ship some pants to someone that they may fit. That would be so cool! She said the Sister hood traveling pants, for bandsters! I have a brown lined suit that is a size, 18 or 20, I will need to check, Liz Claiborne, I bought in February at Macy's. I am 5'8"/ 5'7" so I if your shorter you would need to hem them. I also have a nice pair of black heavy material, size 20. I have more, but they are all summer. Jeans too, size 20. I would be happy to ship if someone wanted them. I don't mind. You can PM me your address. what do you think??? I thought it was a cool idea.

Have a good day!

That's a really great offer! I know I won't see 18 or 20 for at least another hundred pounds, but I am sure someone here is close to that. A very kind offer indeed.

Suzzie---congrats on the NSV. Someone told me yesterday that I needed to purchase new clothes. It felt sooooooo good for someone to notice. I told them I wouldn't purchase clothes that I can wear right now...I'm waiting until winter....

Ja9va.....I joined a support group and this month was a clothing swap. You bring what you want to give away and take from other what you want. You don't have to bring in order to take. I was not able to attend, but it sounds like a good idea. I'm pretty particular about my clothes (don't wear used clothes). But I'm thinking that wearing someone else's clothes during this transitional phase is not a bad idea....it will definately save money and the madness of having to give away perfectly new clothes in only a few months.

Everyone--have a blessed day. Has anyone heard from Nina? I know she was going to start training for a fun....anyone?

I hate having to think about aeroplane seats too. I have a flight this Thursday (fortunately only an hour or so) and I'm going with collegues. They picked an airline I haven't flown before and I'm so worried that the seat belt won't do up. I guess I shall find out shortly.

I totally PBd the Protein drink (made with MILK!) all over myself!! It was everywhere!

That's so funny. I thought I wanted another fill but I've changed my mind now right when I was reading your post, up came dinner/saliva all over my shirt. I didn't quite get the bowl in time. It's so gross but it serves me right. I shouldn't be eating dinner while on the laptop.

BTW I like Jillian (and Bob) from The Biggest Loser too. We have an Australian version of the show but we poached Jillian and Bob for it. I personally would never go on that show. Too humiliating and too easy to stack on the weight once it's over.

I was thinking about the clothing thing yesterday - since I've been shoping lately!! I have some fairly nice clothes that are too big now - 30/32's. I think I'll just ebay them though... since no one here is that big! Hahaha! I love my band!

I just got rid of a bunch of the clothes too. I just couldn't be bothered to Iron, photograph and describe everything. I put them in a charity bin instead.

So awesome that we are getting rid of clothes.

It is pretty cool to get rid of clothes! I have a whole bag of 30/32 for donation also. Very little of mine was nice enough to sell though. I never could bring myself to spend very much money on clothes. I hate to shop and I hate to try on. I think that will change as I get in to smaller sizes.

Home sick today, started with just bowel issues, but at 6:00am I started heaving and was very diaphoretic. I had my son bring me the phenergan suppositories that we have had in the frig since surgery. Thank goodness, every heave I kept thinking did my band slip! The meds kicked in though and I have been fine. I am afraid to eat anything though.

I am going to update my ticker - nothing like a little illness to drop a few pounds. I think I will be morbidly obese now instead of Super obese - YEAH.

I am starting to finally feel restriction. It is great to feel something now since I had my surgery June 1st and just now got a fill. When then fixed my port they did a slight fill at the same time. I don't know how much though because I don't see the doctor for 4 weeks.

bigbaby I know a support group at a hospital near me where I did not have my surgery has an exchange. I need to give my support group that idea. My clothes continue to pile up, which is a nice feeling. I have never bought clothes from a consignment, I guess I am a snob, but I hate to buy stuff if I am not going to where it long! I might change my ways.

suzzzie thanks for the recipe. I would like to make those this weekend. I think the kids would love them.

misssy I was sick all weekend, not the same symptoms, but just did not feel good. it was crappy. Feeling much better now. I hope you are feeling ok.

NV glad you are happy with the fill, your weight loss is GREAT!

Lost 2 lbs!! I am excited it is finally moving, almost halfway!!

hello all! I was banded June 25, 2007. I have lost a total of 67 lbs. I can't wear half the clothing in my closet. But how do I release the fear of getting rid of them? I'm going to try this weekend to take them away, clean out my closet. I have this phobia of doing that. As if I expect to be able to wear them again. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

hello all! I was banded June 25, 2007. I have lost a total of 67 lbs. I can't wear half the clothing in my closet. But how do I release the fear of getting rid of them? I'm going to try this weekend to take them away, clean out my closet. I have this phobia of doing that. As if I expect to be able to wear them again. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

You are doing AWESOME! You obviously have the "moxy" to master your weight and keep it off. I would be willing to bet that if you "just do it" (donate your clothing)...I bet it would be a very freeing experience for you, and you deserve that!

On another note...WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING TO REALIZE SUCH PHENOMENAL SUCCESS, GIRL?!?!? I would love to know your daily routines, excercise, food log, what kind of band and how much fill you've had. I am just coming off of a very long plateau (thank goodness), but my weight loss has really slowed down.

I need your secret! LOL 4_11_4.gif

Secret.jpg

(Anyone who "gets" this picture is AWESOME, too! :car:)

I have no problem getting them out of my closet (to make room for new ones haha) but they're all sitting in piles in the corner of my bedroom. My problem is more about what they're worth and funding my new clothes shopping!:faint: