Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

reeburgdon - The rec center also has classes, and Zumba is one of them. I've never tried this class, but it sounds fun! I've done the beginners belly dancing class, but I was so heavy at the time that I was uncomfortable...when I stopped dancing, my belly didn't! LOL

Here's the link to the Fall 2007 catalog...there is TONS available!

http://www.ci.hurst.tx.us/Publications/Recreation/HH_FallHoliday07.pdf

ZUMBA

Zumba is a cardio-based workout

with a fusion of latin and international

music and dance themes that

mix fast and slow rhythms to tone and

sculpt your body.

Instructor: Stacy Saljoughi (Certified

Aerobics Instructor)

Fall:

48065-A Monday & Wednesday 6:00-6:55PM 8WKS 9/10/07 $28

Holiday:

49065-A Monday & Wednesday 6:00-6:55PM 5WKS 11/5/07 $18

Reeburgdon: I completely understand! I haven't posted in a while...I've been down. I am almost maintaining my weight...gaining losing same pounds right now and not getting anywhere. I go in for 2nd fill this Friday and am also hoping it helps with getting some restriction.

I've also started a Zumba class...I love it. Only one day a week right now, but next sign-up I'll do two.

I am seeing inches going away though...at least in the mirror. I need to take some measurements. And my clothes are looser.

Hang in there...you're not alone.

Beckie,

where are you taking that class at? It looks like fun!

Maybe I'll by a DVD so I can do something on the days I don't feel like getting out in the heat to go to the gym!

Is THIS GOING TO WORK FOR ME. I am embarassed to say I can hardly read about others weight loss and success because I am having such a bad time and I feel so hopeless. Sad huh!!! I am eating just fine as always, I called the Doc and begged for a sooner 2nd fill (not 6 weeks away!!) and he will do it next week so I hope it change things. I need a lap band around my neck!!!!!!! Thank goodness for all you that talk about your difficulties, I hope the next fill does it for us all.

Is THIS GOING TO WORK FOR ME. I am embarassed to say I can hardly read about others weight loss and success because I am having such a bad time and I feel so hopeless. Sad huh!!! I am eating just fine as always, I called the Doc and begged for a sooner 2nd fill (not 6 weeks away!!) and he will do it next week so I hope it change things. I need a lap band around my neck!!!!!!! Thank goodness for all you that talk about your difficulties, I hope the next fill does it for us all.

OK, I gotta say...I just belly-laughed so loud that my kids came running from the other room to see what was wrong with me!

A lap band around your neck?!?!?!? ROFLOL :dance:

Ugh. My scale hasn't budged in 10 days, and yesterday I was up four pounds. Today it was still there. My impulse was to overeat, but luckily there is nothing appealing in the house.

There is no reason for me to have put on weight except that most exercise has been impossible due to what I think of as "structural" problems (joint and back issues).

No one knows that I have the band so I really don't have anyone to whom I can vent. Thanks to all of you for listening!

Stef,

I had similar problems. After my first fill I was still able to eat everything in sight. I was concerned but just went with it. During my second fill the Doctor noticed that I lost 3 cc's, and thought maybe this was something wrong with the port. At my third fill again I lost saline. They felt I may have a leak in my port and scheduled my for a quick out patient procedure to change my port. When the doctor opened me up he couldn't find any leaks in the port and decided to replace the whole band. Since then I definetly feel the difference. I don't feel hungry all time, but I still have to be careful of old habits that can easily get past my band, such as cake, muffins, etc... I'm losing about 5 lbs a week since the "fix". Stick with it.

Wow! I wish I was losing five pounds a week! That's amazing! I hope the weight loss picks up after my third fill on Thursday. (I kept thinking tomorrow was Thursday...guess I'm in a hurry, huh?) I think I'm going to go back on the liquid diet for a week after this fill, just to get back on track with my eating. My calorie intake is completely under control, but with my crazy schedule, I've gotten lazy about taking Protein with me for the day and instead am throwing a 100 calorie pack in my purse...empty calories no matter how you look at it.

I'll be sure to ask how much is in my band before this fill, too. I'm getting hungrier between meals a lot more lately.

I haven't posted in while either because I am not losing any weight either. My last exercise/nutrition class I went to I only last 1/2 pound in two weeks. I am eating everything in sight. I am having another fill next Monday. I am hoping this will help. I do get food stuck but do not PB. I have been using papaya enzyme to help it pass, but I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing. It seems after it passes I can eat more and do eat more. When I was in class and telling them that I can and do eat everything they said just to get rid of all the junk food in the house, but sometimes it is not that easy. I have two kids and a DH that doesn't have a weight problem.

Beckie,

where are you taking that class at? It looks like fun!

Maybe I'll by a DVD so I can do something on the days I don't feel like getting out in the heat to go to the gym!

Suzzzie,

We're actually doing it here at work, at the newspaper. The new huge glass printing facility...in a large hallway. It is fun...something I probably wouldn't have done before...but I remembered how I liked the Richard Simmons Sweatin' To The Oldies workouts...and thought I'd give it a try.

I have a bad ankle...broke it in four places 6 years ago and developed a dystrophy in it. I thought the only exercise I could do was Water aerobics...but this isn't hurting my ankle any.

How are you doing?! We need to get together sometime.

I think after a fill we are testing our bands to see if life's really going to change or not. When they say that sometimes it takes a little while for a fill to settle in, they're not kidding. I'm finding I have more restriction in the morning for sure. It takes about 4 bites for me to feel like stuff is stuck. So, I'm trying to eat slower and chew better. Sometimes I'm wide open. I hate hate hate that! Why can't it be consistent? Oh well, I am fully expecting to see the weight to start dropping now. Another fill and I'll be there I hope.

Hey Everyone!

I haven't been on here lately so I just wanted to say Hello and see how everyone was doing?

I went last Monday for my 2nd fill and Lisa scared me, she couldn't find my port after about 10 minutes of messing with it, she said that she thought it had flipped. She finally went and got Dr. Schmitt and he found it pretty quick. Needless to say I was relieved that it hadn't done any flip flops!

My weight has been stuck for the past week or so, I am down to 268, from 312. I am so ready for the scale to start moving downward again!

Well I hope everyone is having a great Humpday!

back from my 3rd fill today. I was down 7lbs since last fill, but 6 of those were from the 4 days I was too tight after the last fill, so I only lost 1lbs in 10 day! I did not make my goal of 50lbs at my two month, but the doc was happy with my weight loss.

He put in 1.25ccs, so we will see how that goes. He was going to put in 1.5, but felt some resistance so he stopped. I hope it gives me enough, not to be hungry, especially since I don't see him for a month this time. I am hungry every 3 hours no matter what I eat! It is very frustrating.

Total fills in 10cc AP band: 4cc, 3cc, -1cc, 1.25cc = 7.25

When I was in class and telling them that I can and do eat everything they said just to get rid of all the junk food in the house, but sometimes it is not that easy. I have two kids and a DH that doesn't have a weight problem. ( from prior post)

I have the same problem...with 3 kids and their friends over all the time, I have to have some snack food around.

CHHS- Did you have insurance to cover this?

Stephanie- Let us know how your fill goes.

I feel the food stuck thing now, and I have some restriction, but amazingly the scale hasn't moved in a week!

I am pretty bummed about it and surprised, because I definately have not been eating near as much as I used to!

I haven't been posting in a couple days and wow, 3 pages to catch up on!

ree and serena One thing that I found to be really helpful is to find other banders in my area. I have met several people that I am in contact with both in person and/or by email. That connection has been really helpful.When I go to a business meeting in VA Beach, about 2 hours from here, I am going to meet some others from this site. Maybe you can do the same. From what Stef said, she lives close to you!

Stef You are a great cheerleader and helpful to everyone. You are quick to give reference to some other research to help someone. I think that is great. Good luck with your fill tomorrow.

Zumba fans...sounds like fun. I will have to see if it is taught around me.

mk you are doing great.

marga hugs to you. I know how hard this is, I am feeling the stress of no weight loss too. It is hard. But when I add it up it is 10lbs a month which really is good. I think we want it all now and have to take each baby step!

weight goals; I think it is up to how you feel Stef. You know when you get there. I agree, no one should judge because it is what feels good to you.

QUESTION I am trying real hard this week to only eat 4 oz per meal however, I can not stop the speck of food from backing up in my throat. It is gross, and annoying. Do you think I am eating to fast? I have little or no fullness, or pain, food getting stuck, or anything. I had my first fill on July 31. This did not start until last week.

mj how did your fill go today?