Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Waters: Nope, not too early at all.

Heather: I think I have gone beyond...I took canned crab, guacamole, some soy sauce and some wasabi and put it in the blender. Sushi shake! Whaddya think? I think I'm a little desperate...

hey all, i started the mushie phase after my post-op visit friday.

i am nauseous every time i eat (even just CIB), does anyone have any experience with this?

cbm818,

I'm still in the liquid stage right now and I feel the same way. The only things I can eat without feeling nauseous are Jello and popsicles. I feel like everything has a funny taste to it. The only way I can drink Water is if I am chewing SF gum. Even the broths that I was eating right after the surgery tastes funny now. I don't have any energy at all. I go to the doctor on Tuesday, I hope he has some answers!

Let me know if you find a cure!!!!

Stella

Ewww FaithMD....that's just nasty!

But, out of curiosity, how was it? :hungry:

I couldn't eat it, it looked...nasty. But I was desperate when I made it.

I guess sushi is not only about the flavors, but the textures as well. That's why I don't think I'll be able to do sashimi. I love the rice in sushi.

Okay, faith, that definitely doesn't sound appetizing at all. lol Yuck! Sounds like something I jokingly posted once about asking whether you could puree pizza. lol It's the one thing I can't wait to eat a slice of when I get to eat real food again. :)

You know what's weird... I CAN have sushi and pizza and haven't yet!!! (Except the sushi I cheated with at week 2, of course)... what's wrong with me??!!

CBM818,

Nausea and lethargy are sometimes indications of dehydration. Maybe you need to keep a diary of what you are actually drinking.

Sometimes we think we are drinking enough but when we write it down we can see that we aren't.

Nausea can also be caused by a lack of oxygen to the gut. After surgery, even weeks after surgery, we "train" ourselves not to take deep breaths because it hurts. When you feel yourself becoming nauseated take some nice slow deep breaths and see if that doesn't help.

Don't forget to breath while you are eating too! Nice SLOW DEEP breaths.

Hope that helps

hey all, i started the mushie phase after my post-op visit friday.

i am nauseous every time i eat (even just CIB), does anyone have any experience with this?

I see my surgeon this tuesday, 7/10............this will be my 2nd appt with him since the surgery on 6/11. is this just a weight check does anyone know? i didn't think to ask, and they didn't say anything about a fill. just told the secretary to schedule me for 3-4 weeks. Just not sure what is going to happen................

It's amazing how I do not miss soda. I've been drinking a ton of Water, unsweetened iced tea, and a lot of Crystal Light. When I am really wanting something better, I have had those Tropicana 20 calorie drinks, like "Summer Lemon" or "Lime Raspberry"-a little bit of calories but worth it for something different!

I've been making a lot of sugar free pudding pie and it is sooooo yummy!

Tropicana 20 calorie drinks? I don't know of those. I've been missing my Coke since being banded 6/21. Not a big fan of Crystal Lite, but I hear they have it in Iced Tea. Anybody try them? Is the Iced Tea better?

Other Tropicana Products - Tropicana fruit Squeeze™ - Lime Raspberry

this is them..............i bought a 6 pack in shoprite the other day.........

just for something different!

i do drink the Crystal Light Iced Tea and love it. I also love the lemonade...........I am a big lemonade person! And I had to go to a BBQ the other day, and they only had diet soda or diet iced tea. I had a bunch of Water and wanted something different. I tried the Diet Brisk Iced Tea and loved it! Not sure if it was b/c it was very hot out and it quenched my thirst or what, but I absolutely thought it tasted sooo good!

Waters my dad keeps saying the "I can't believe you stuck with it"! His health is one of the reasons I made this choice! He is a diabetic on 2 shots and other oral meds a day!! I have watched his health go down drastically in the last 2 yrs! I keep telling him I want him to be around to see my little boy graduate kindergarten and he's 4 now!! Thanks for helping me not feel like such a slacker :-)

Hello all. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I'm doing much better than I was a week ago. I can now sleep in bed throughout the night without any pain!! It only took THREE weeks to get there! Haha. My port site is still very very swollen and darkly bruised. I feellike it should be better by now? Someone please make me feel better and tell me that yours at 3 weeks was still a large hard knot? When I cup my hand over it, it is about the size of a standard computer mouse, maybe a tad bit larger. The bruising spans about 8 inches horizontal, and 4 inches vertical. Just barely slightly warmer to the touch than the rest of my tummy. The incision is well healed.

Went to the gym for the first time tonight (since about 1 week pre op). I did 40 minutes on the elliptical. I feel like I could have done better, either longer and/or worked harder at it. But I did sweat and my average heart rate was 151. (resting heart rate is typically in the upper 50's).

I'm the first one to admit that my diet isn't the best. I always try to get my Protein in, other than that - it's a free-for-all. I can eat anything without difficulty. I was HOPING that i wouldn't be able to eat bread anymore, as much as I love it... but no such luck, it goes down fine. The only thing I feel like I have been successful at is that I chew better now than I ever have, which forces me to eat slower. Eating slower allows my tummy to send signals to my brain that I'm full before I feel like I'm going to explode.

Oh, and (don't shoot me) I was at a baby shower today and while i stayed away from the cake and other little goodies, I did drink a diet coke. I didn't even think about it!! This was at a friends house that doesn't know I have the band. When her husband handed me a diet coke, knowing that that is what I drink, I opened and took a big gulp. It was only after that first drink that I remembered!! LUCKILY I didn't explode. I belched a few times (very lady-like) and after that I just kinda sipped on it over about 2 hours. I won't be doing that again though. I don't want to take the chance of messing up anything, plus I don't really miss it like I thought I would. Actually, it didn't even taste so good.

OK, Well, Happy Monday all.

OMG...have any of y'all had pizza yet? I didn't think we could eat that! But I have found that I really have a hard time with bread of any kind, so I probably couldn't eat it anyhow. I would LOVE to have a slice of thin crust pepperoni and double cheese! YUM!

Those Tropicana drinks sound like they are worth investigating. As for me, I love Crystal Light. There must be over a dozen flavors and I have most of them. The Raspberry Ice, Raspberry Lemonade and Cherry Pomegranate are my faves. The Cherry Pomegranate is the best, I think. The Orange Sunshine is really good, too. Reminds me of drinking Tang when I was a kid.

Has anyone else made their second fill appointment? I'm wondering how that is going to go. I'm still having a hard time getting used to chewing right and I really pay for it. My second fill is in three weeks and I know I will need to have improved my chewing habits before then. Kind of scary for me.