Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Do yall realize we only have 3 days of June Bandsters left to join us in BandLand!!! :embarassed:

Do yall realize I have been banded a month!!! :embarassed:

Do yall realize one of our own has already had a fill!!! (Toni) :embarassed:

:faint:

Hi Hotty!

Thanks for the update...I can't believe June is coming to a close: it seems like we were all just getting started! (And I know a few are, but pre-op counts as the June journey!)

Love your Avatar pic! No wonder you're our "Calendar Girl!" :eek:

Hugs,

Toni

Hello out there. Doing better everyday. I appologize about my question guys...here goes. Gals, what did you do about a bra when you were recovering? It feels so tight to put it on (maybe still swollen), and sports bras are worse. Any advice that has worked, or did you not have this problem? Thanks for any help.

CMP,

I only had one TINY (less than 1/2 inch) incision in my bra line. I went without the first 6 days (didn't leave the house..lol) then I wore a loose sports bra to my 1 wk doc visit and Walmart... After that, it was pretty much healed. I did put a bandage on it the first time I wore the underwire, but the adhesive took my skin off, and I would have been better off without it!! lol

I thought I saw something about creating a June Bandster Challege and then nothing ever came of it. Anyone in? We could keep it under the same monthly support section but create the June Bandster Challege under this file... I'm in if anyone else wants to!

I would be up for an exercise challenge.

I know that the May bandsters are having a exercise challenge. It is listed under challenge I think...

I think it is great..wish it wasnt so hot.......but we sweat more maybe loosing more calories too...yippy!!!!

Hello out there. Doing better everyday. I appologize about my question guys...here goes. Gals, what did you do about a bra when you were recovering? It feels so tight to put it on (maybe still swollen), and sports bras are worse. Any advice that has worked, or did you not have this problem? Thanks for any help.

CMP,

I wore a "leisure" bra from the moment I got to my hospital room, but probably it was the swelling that made my regular underwire so uncomfortable. My highest incision was 2" below my bra line.

A weight loss challenge? Count me out. :) I'm too much of a turtle!

Cheers,

Toni

I'm also a turtle. When I went in for my follow-up I ran into a man in his sixties who had his surgery the day after mine. He had lost 22 pounds and I had lost 5. I'm only eating about 400 calories a day (I'm still on the blended/pureed diet until this weekend). I weigh myself every day which I know is a mistake but I keep hoping for a surprise weight loss.

Despite that, I am anxious about getting a fill (it's not scheduled until 7/20). I'm scared about food getting stuck etc.

I'm concerned that the very low calorie count of pre-op and post-op has really compromised my metabolism. If I had been on a regular 1200-calorie diet I'm sure that I would have lost more. In fact, my ideal situation would have been to lose weight on my own and have the band installed close to the end so I could maintain the loss. 'Sorry--I'm a bit cranky right now...........

Toni--how is life after a fill?

Hey Stefanie,

I was banded on June 7th and can't even consider a fill until July 19th (6 weeks post-op). That's okay though, because I'm pretty happy with where I am in being able to eat and the amt of wt I've lost so far....I lost 12 lbs in the first week....down 15 lbs now thanks to a stomach virus I had....but I'd like to be able to continue eating what I want but in the way smaller amts like I'm doing now. Anyway, good luck to you and hope you have continued success.

Marlynn Creel

Toni...

You are hands down the sweetest person I have ever met on the world wide web! :)

Thank you!

TY Hotty....You are somethin' else! :teeth::sleep

Serena

I understand your frustration. Really try hard not to go on the scale! I realize how hard that is. I am not losing at this time either. I feel so bloated too, I don't think I am going the bathroom enough(bm sorry for being so personal) and I should exercise more.

My doc said to get in 1000 cal a day, however that is hard when you are drinking Protein Drinks and eating small meals, but I try. I have reached that goal a couple of days. If your cal intake is so small, you are right, your motabolism is slowing down to burn the fat.

I have a doctor appointment on July 3, but that is my second prost opt, not for a fill, my fill will be around yours! As you may have read, my son is getting married on July 7 so in many ways I am glad my fill is not until after that. Hang in there we are on the band journey for life!

danbo.....you are having a band put on as I type....Hoooooooooray for you!!!!

Toni, Heather and all you Junesters....can you believe we are at the end of our month...it is so crazy.

CMP - I too only have a small incision up there but I've been using the cami tops with the shelf bra built in...no underwire. I'm wearing them under t-shirts. You can't tell I'm not wearing a real bra and I feel I have some support.

Good morning everyone! I too can't believe June is almost over. It's gone by so fast....It seems like just a few days ago I was sitting here reading everyones posts and wondering if I would ever get insurance approval, and a surgery date. Now it's come and gone. Hard to believe.

Well I'm 10 days post op, and am feeling pretty much back to normal, can sleep on my tummy, no more bloated feeling, only have a little soreness around my larger incision. Steri strips are still stuck like glue, so I have no idea what the scars are going to look like.

I also started to feel hungry the day before yesterday, and I'm not feeling as full as quickly as I was the first few days. I'm a little concerned, as I feel I can eat almost anything, and don't have any issues with it....just a little sensation as it's going down. I still need to work on the eating slower....that's tough for me.

I worry that I'm stretching something, and I hope that's not the case, and I will feel better about it once I get my first fill.

My Dr. said not to make an appointment with him until 6 or 7 weeks, but I think I'm going to call them today. I don't think I can wait that long, and I feel that's a bit long for a post op check.

Okie dokie, I'm done writing my novel this morning. Thanks for listening.

Anyone have any of the same experiences I'd like to hear from you.

Have a great day!

I didn't really have any problems with bras. All my incisions are in the middle of my belly and all the swelling was down there. Maybe try wearing a bra that doesn't have underwire?