Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

2BHealthy, I can definitely relate to the summer cold thing. My doc put me on antibiotics to kick mine fast. I have the infection in my lungs and sinuses in 3 days of the cold coming on. Maybe my diet lowered my resistance? I don't know. The antibiotics have me puffed up like a Pillsbury Dough Boy. I hope your cold goes away quickly.

I can't believe I am leaving Saturday. My doctor also gave me some Valium equivalent just in case I get an anxiety attack. Of course if this happens on Sunday, and I take the med, it will make me tired and prevent me from shopping in TJ. Can't have that! I'm sure they give you something before surgery to calm the nerves.

CBlancha9, how ya doing?

How's everyone else having surgery on Monday?

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Stef, my neice spells her name with an "f" too.

I have a question for everyone...I'm having my surgery on Monday, do you think I will be able to go back to work by Thursday? I sit at a desk mostly...not too much moving around is involved. Suggestions?

I am having surgery on Monday also and going back to work Thursday, the nurse said it should be ok, I sit at a desk also. Good luck!

Lucy wow, sorry to hear about your throat. That sounds awful! When I had my tubes tied a few years ago the anestiologist said that he had a hard time getting in my tubes in. So, this time I told the doctor and he gave me some drug that drys your throat( which you would think would make it harder) and I heard there were NO problems. Maybe next time you will have this information up front!

Quad Great to hear from you! You should be good to go of the dance event.

Evaughn In our training class they said no limits on sex, saying " You don't have to lift anything, do you???" So go for it when your ready.

Rita wow, what a story. Sorry to hear that you had such a situation, but now you know it was there and it is gone. I can't beleive if you were born with it, how doctors never knew it was there in 63 yrs? Maybe this will help you lose weight too. How much did that weigh? Maybe there is a silver lining! Best wishes.

I went to the doctor today and I am on food!! Anything soft/mushie stage. She gave me a three page list of do's and don'ts. I am so excited. I went to costco and bought fish, salmon, canned tuna, strawberries and melon. I don't mean to make you guys hungry, but you will be here soon. I then bought a fatfree frozen yogurt for the ride home. For those of you Costco goers, it is big. I was walking out thinking, what did I do, I can only eat a tiny bit of this!! I put the rest in my freezer. I am down 14lbs. I go back to the doctor in 3 weeks at wich time they will schedule my first fill! She said she does it in xray for the first time. All is good. Back to work tommorroww, boohoo. I was enjoying being off.

Missy Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Janine and Renee - thanks for the well wishes!

Rita - I am SOO sorry to hear about your ordeal. Dr. Malley is a very good general surgeon as well as a band surgeon - so you were/are in good hands for that repair. Good Luck and please keep in touch with us Junies.

I will check back in when I get home! See ya'

Missy

Rita, I am so glad that you had your hernia found and repaired. I hope you aren't feeling disappointed about not being banded, it will come soon enough.

My throat is feeling a little better, but not great.

I feel like my tastebuds are changing. I bought a ton of apple juice and white grape juice before surgery, and I don't want to drink it anymore, it tastes sicky sweet to me. Today I went to the movies and the smell of popcorn all around me was completely unappealing. I did have a smoothie from Ben and Jerry's and it was the best thing I have had since I was banded. But it was enormous! I probably had 1/3 of it over an hour and that was that.

Janine - Congrats on reaching the mushy stage!! Can't wait till I get there...dreaming of anything mushed....

costco is da bomb!!

Nina

Was unable to have my surgery due to the surgeron finding a

>>massive hernia in my stomach area, some of her bowels, intestines,

>>and stomach has grown into it. Rita

I'm sorry to hear that. I would think they say this during yout GI scope before surgery so that could have started repair earlier. But nonetheless I'm glad it was found. Stay strong and be patient your day is coming.

Rita--I'm so sorry to hear about your ordeal. Know that God has a plan and a purpose for everything.....

I just came back from my pre-op visit.--I'll be banded Monday @ 7:30a.m. My surgeon, Dr. Benevides, told me that he is one of the few in the North Texas area that has the AP band. He's going to use it on me and if he has a low profile port, I'll get it also.

He no longer puts the port on the left side. It's more centrally located. Almost above the belly button. He stated that sometimes the port can rise when a substantial amount of weight has been lost, so this is a better position.

Also, he told me that new research shows that it's not necessary to refrain from drinking 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after. You can take small sips with your meal. However, he advises his patients to train themselves not to drink with meals--because your nutrients/calories will come from food and not beverages.< /p>

I'm so excited----I am really greatful for all of the info that you guys have posted. Oh2BThin and Cblanca--It's almost our day!!!!!!

Bigbaby...did you have your pre-op this morning at 10:00? I was there at that time and I believe there was one woman having her surgery done on Monday. If you were there at 10:00, we were there together!!!

No, I was with the 1:00 group. Did Dr. B. explain the same things to you? (about the port? sipping with meals?)

I took my camera and took a picture with him!! I'll go back in a year and take a "skinny" picture with him !! HAHAHAA

Oh well....LOL. The first part of our meeting was with Stephanie and she gave us lots of information. I was thrilled to hear that Dr. Benavides allows sipping with meals. Yay!!!

I wish I had thought to bring my camera...great idea! Best of luck to you on your road to littlebaby!

Oh well....LOL. The first part of our meeting was with Stephanie and she gave us lots of information. I was thrilled to hear that Dr. Benavides allows sipping with meals. Yay!!!

quote]

You mean like, Iced Tea?????? Please say it's so!

quote]

You mean like, Iced Tea?????? Please say it's so!

TONI--He didn't specify any specific beverage....he said it's quite alright to sip, SIP, SIP with your meal.

Rita, I'm so sorry about your surgery and no-go on the lap band. Keep fighting for it!

TONI--He didn't specify any specific beverage....he said it's quite alright to sip, SIP, SIP with your meal.

BB...I LOVE your doctor!!!!!