Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

Hello, all!

Someone kindly told me about this thread and I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Stefanie and I will be banded in two days with Dr. Marsden in Hurst, TX and I can't wait!

My sister had a RNY Gastric Bypass a few years ago with outstanding results, so I'm hoping with discipline with eating and excercise that I will have a fantastic outcome as well.

I just found out yesterday about my date and I'm not freaked out yet...I don't think it has hit me yet. (I'm hoping it won't! I just want to DO IT!)

WISH ME LUCK!

P.S. Is there a thread somewhere that discusses what I need to have on hand before surgery? (Foods, medicines, etc.)

Welcome Stefanie!

You will find lots of information on this thread, but there are also threads out there specifically for the different 'diets' for pre and post-op. the Vitamins you will need to take, and so much other stuff you never even thought of. Haha.

Check here: Food

Toni, Good question. Your problem is probably not the Protein Shakes. It is probably the medicine you are on. I haven't had a problem being two days out. You may want to get some stool softner. Docusate sodium. Colace is the brand name. Though the brand is very expensive. It also comes in liquid form. If I remember right you are on hydrocodone and that is very constipating. I am a pharmacy technician so I know a few things about it.

Thank you, H-Mom! It never ceases to amaze me the KNOWLEDGE that we have on this board!!!! I will surely look into Colace. Never thought the Hydrocodone could be the culprit! I haven't been taking it for a few a few days and did have a visitor today----just as MM predicted!!!! Fun, fun! But if this goes on again, I'm going to get some Colace. Thanks so much!!!!!!

Toni <---- apparently there's nothing I won't share with you all! thank you!!!!!

Hey Stefanie! Wanna hear something really cool? My name is Stefanie Marlynn! I've never known anyone else that spells their name with an "f" other than the famous Stefanie Powers. It's nice to meet someone else with the similarity. Good luck on your banding and keep in touch with your progress.

Hi Everyone, This is the 7th day of my pre-op diet. I have cut my diet coke to just two a day now. I cannot seem to let these go. I use it like coffee and drink one the first thing in the morning and one in the evening. I have been drinking my Protein Drinks but still seemed to be really tired. I work 4 days a week, 10 hours a day. I have cheated about twice on the diet and ate about 5 cheese cubes but the rest of the time have been existing on Protein Shakes and sugar free Jello. Good luck to all the bandsters getting their bands today. June 12th I will be joining you. I love this thread for all the information I get. Rita

Good afternoon everyone! Say a little prayer for me tonight....I fly out in the morning at 5:20 on my way to Monterrey for my surgery. I will be banded tomorrow afternoon sometime and I'm getting nervous! An excited kind of nervous though. Good luck to all of you getting banded today or have been banded today. Let me hear from you so I'll know if what I experience is even remotely what I should be experiencing. I can't wait to join all of you in bandland.....yipee! I catcha once I return home (Saturday night).

Faith MD - thanks a bunch for responding in my absence about the AP band. Sorry to the others who asked and I didn'e reply.

One thing to note about the AP band. According to my dr, it is simply the next generation of the lap band. It does have the inflatable tube 360 degrees around where as the VG band is something like 320 and the original,still in us, is 280. The premise of this new design is to allow for protiens to pass more easy through the stoma, lower the risk of scar tissue, erosion and slippage. Obviously they cannot design out human error. Its other major design charactoristics are intended to make the surgeons life easier, however my DR claims that he liked the process of installing the older versions better. I suppose given time he will say the same thing about the next generation of bands.

Welcome Stefanie! You will love it here. I don't know what I would do without them!

Can anyone explain how I could be up 10 pounds since the morning of my surgery?? It was there when I came home on Tuesday and is still there.

Thank you, H-Mom! It never ceases to amaze me the KNOWLEDGE that we have on this board!!!! I will surely look into Colace. Never thought the Hydrocodone could be the culprit! I haven't been taking it for a few a few days and did have a visitor today----just as MM predicted!!!! Fun, fun! But if this goes on again, I'm going to get some Colace. Thanks so much!!!!!!

Toni <---- apparently there's nothing I won't share with you all! thank you!!!!!

Lol. Gotta low poop questions!

Yes, ANY narcotic (such as hydrocodone) can be constipating. Usually your doc should be telling you this when he/she prescribes it...Silly docs!

Hello, all!

Someone kindly told me about this thread and I wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Stefanie and I will be banded in two days with Dr. Marsden in Hurst, TX and I can't wait!

Hi Stef!

I had to look Hurst, TX up on the map and see that it's in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I'm in Houston----only 4 hours apart :omg: I wish you all the best with your band and I'm so glad your sister has had good luck with her WLS. My sister had the G-Bypass about 7 years ago, and gained her weight back.:heh: I think it's great that you'll both have had WLS and be successful!

Welcome to the June Board!!!!

Toni <------ constipated Welcome Wagon :tired;)

Can anyone explain how I could be up 10 pounds since the morning of my surgery?? It was there when I came home on Tuesday and is still there.

It happens to everyone. They pump you SO full of Fluid that you're up 8-10 pounds when you get home. Not to mention the Water retention due to swelling. Don't worry, you'll pee that out in no time. I got home Sunday and was up 8 pounds as of today I lost it all plus 2 more! Sweet! ;)

Good afternoon everyone! Say a little prayer for me tonight....I fly out in the morning at 5:20 on my way to Monterrey for my surgery. I will be banded tomorrow afternoon sometime and I'm getting nervous! An excited kind of nervous though. Good luck to all of you getting banded today or have been banded today. Let me hear from you so I'll know if what I experience is even remotely what I should be experiencing. I can't wait to join all of you in bandland.....yipee! I catcha once I return home (Saturday night).

Hey there Marlynn! I'm so excited for you! Did you get the pass port issue resolved?

Hello June Bugs! GOOD LUCK to all the June 6th banding people!

I am on day 3 of my preop diet. I finally made contact with my dietician who says I'm on the right track if I'm having my 2 shakes and 1 Lean Cuisine a day. The goal is 700 calories or less. I told her I didn't like it one bit! I actually surprised myself when I said that in a very whiny voice. lol

Anyone else suffering on a preop diet? LOL

Unfortunately, my doctor will not have the AP band until September. :faint:They asked if I wanted to wait. I said an emphatical NOPE! I'll take the old band!

I may end up not being a June Bandster because my surgeon's office isn't going to have a Proctor there to help place the new bands until goodness knows when. I've already cancelled my May 31st surgery date so that I could get the AP, and I made the June 20th date based on what the clinic director told me to do so that I could have the AP. I'm soooo pissed and frustrated right now words cannot express. I really want the AP, after all, why would I buy a one year old car for the same price as a new one (providing that new one is available soon).

Pamla, in your case where it isn't available until September, I guess I wouldn't wait either. But my surgeon's office told me they'd have it in June. Pain in the butts!