Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got a bed frame from ikea a while ago and it's been giving me grief(slats falling through all the time) so I decided to toss it a few weeks ago and just have my mattress on the floor.

Do you think this will be an issue after surgery? Should I buy a blow up mattress to put on top of my mattress so that there's a bit more height? I'd buy a new bed frame but can't really afford it(so not buying another $100 bodgo frame). A $30 blow up mattress from big w wouldn't hurt the wallet too much.

Hey Nerms

You might find it a bit hard getting up from low on the floor with just a mattress.

Have you got a recliner chair??

I slept on a recliner for a few weeks after my surgery as I couldn't lay flat and it supported me.

I didn't have one because my old one broke but I got one from eBay and it was fantastic for me.

Not sure how comfortable a blow up mattress will be for you??

Maybe look on eBay or gumtree for a bed base near you or a recliner??

I slept in my car for two months so I'm sure I can cope with a few weeks on the inflatable bed hahah! I live in a tiny tiny tiny studio apartment and carrying a recliner or new couch up the stairs would be pretty hard.

I found a futon, that would be easy enough to carry up, on gumtree (thanks Leanne, totally forgot about gumtree) Futon is probably better! Thanks for the gumtree suggestion :)

Oh so sorry to hear that you had to sleep in your car :(

That would have been hard.

Glad you found something that's great :)

Hows everyone doing today.....Whats everyone up to??

Almost Friday.......

pnqvpn

Hi Everyone!

Sorry AGAIN I have been MIA!

@@nerms wow that is amazing! you go girl! I'm so excited for your surgery!!!! When you start your preopp just remember its the hardest part and we are here for you! :) Nerms its so exciting babe....Finally to see the scales moving in the right direction is awesome. Oh and after the surgery it took me a while to lay down in bed too just from the internal stictching its a bit difficult and Leanne is right dont be shy on those pain killers :) they make the world of difference :)

@@chez how are you going babe? how is it at home now? When do you start back at work?

@@Leanne damn girl you make me laugh :D yeah man i know what you mean...I didnt join the gym yet...i havent really been walking too much either :S lol oh welllll hahahah yeah i worry about the loose skin but hey!

So I 've had a non scale victory (NSV) we had a wedding to go to sat night and i got dressed and everything did my hair painted my face and my husbands friend was hitching a ride with us and he was like Bee! wow!!!! and then he slapped my husband and said "watch out bro your wifes getting hot" :blush: i was like "i rolled out of bed like this" lollll and people at work are like woow you just shrink everyday so its nice...Love the sleeve BEST DECISION EVER!

oh and as of last wednesday i am now 113.2!!!!!!!!!! (and its time of month urgh AGAIN) i stepped on the scale like 5 times! i cant believe double digits is close i can taste it!!!!!! :P

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Keep up the amazing work ladies and gents

We are one bunch of hot looking Meolbournians ;)

@@QueenBeeBee 113.2? You must be stoked!

As for the NSV, that's great!! I remember that feeling, sooooo good!! The next big event in the family is my 21st at the end of March, I plan on dropping jaws :)

I've been eating so well the last 3 weeks and I had a bad day about 3 days ago and I've felt like crap ever since.. I was so sure I would of gained, got on the scales this morning cos its a week since I did last.. 100g grams gone.. LOL so relieved.. Definitely shocked me back into eating better.. I'm just so happy that I woke up the next morning and started eating properly again. I know a day off every now and then is normal/good but I actually shat myself.. hahahahh

Edited by nerms

Hey everyone,

I'm going well. Still really tired. Get sore usually at night. Still get gas pains in the shoulder which are annoying.

How is everyone??

@@Bee Bloody Fantastic Well Done!!!!

you are shrinking before everyone's eyes and it's so good when you get told....just makes you feel better I reckon

@@nerms Well Done for getting straight back on the wagon....we all have bad days I have many and still, but the great thing about the sleeve is I can't physically pig out like I used to so that really helps.....and I figure I am doing this the realistic way not the robotic way and just try to eat well most of the time but don't punish myself for having a treat or a drink every now and then.....Speaking of drinks......never again LOLS :wacko:

Feeling like shite thismorning after only 4 scotches....can't remember all the conversations I was having so It really hit me hard. Probs caus I can't eat much so I really need to remember 1 glass of Water in between each and every drink :blush:

Im so thirsty this morning but I can't fit fluids in fast like I used to so thats a killer

I think I just need a teaspoon of HTFU haha Im such a sook!

@Chez......those gas pains are horrid aren't they :unsure:

They will start improving soon....almost 2 weeks out now YAY :D

I need to do so much today but I think I am gonna hit the couch and watch some movies..... ;)

Ooooooo Just Changed my Ticker....after weighing in this morning I am 115.4kg's......another kilo down YAY ME!!!! :D

Not bad with a starting weight of 140kg's 4 months ago..... (150kg 4 years ago at start of lap band) ;)

Yay go Leanne!! My gas pains are pretty much gone which is awesome!

I've lost 10kgs so far which is good. My big cut gets a little sore but it's all good.

How is everyone?

Hey Chez well done on your 10 k g's thats great and so is losing the gast pains......that is usually around the 2 week mark but can come and go still sometimes but the worst is over for you now thank goodness.

......hopped on the scales and I am back up 1kg so "not happy jan" right now.....probs Fluid as I am pre tom but just annoying and I hate the scales lol

In other news I know this sounds funny to most probably, but when I get in to drive hubbys car (big 4wd) my stomach used to be pressed up against the steering wheel and I couldn't put the seat back any further or I couldn't reach the pedals haha

(yep I am blessed with ducks disease with my ass that close to the ground) Oh to be taller but that will never happen....anyway...... when I hopped in it this morning to take my daughter to school i noticed something strange......I had a gap in between my stomach and the steering wheel....now thats a win for me YAY

Oh and no i wasn't cheating because I could touch the pedals so the seat was in the same position LOL :P

How is everyone it's been a little quiet here lately??

Hope everyone is going well :)

Edited by steveelea

Still doing the Optifast here, finding it ok to do but going out is hard.. birthdays, State of Origin tonight etc

down 18.1kg in 4 weeks

Edited by Mick Molloy

@@Mick Molloy Fantastic! You are doing great! How long left of Optifast for you?

@@steveelea great NSV :)

Yous must be feeling pretty good! So happy for you all. Don't stress about the +1, I weighed myself and I was up 3kg but waited til the end of the week and it was gone plus some.. Damn fluctuation! Hate having scales it's always so tempting to jump on.

Edited by nerms

You're all so great to follow along with. I'm a lil inspired by you all!

Have loads going on here, exams, appointments with neuro, eye tests and other docs and this Friday I start the shakes for a month. It's officially 30 days til op today and I have to admit, I'm a little nervous ... excited but still a bit nervous.

Anyway, look forward to seeing all your progress and sharing some of mine soon. Big congrats to you all for your victories both on and off the scales! :) Cath