Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sick of 'IS THIS NORMAL'

I am so sick of thread after thread after thread of 'I lost 40 lbs in the first 30 days and now am at a stall and it's 32 days post surgery, is this normal? Is this it for me???'

Do people really think 2 days without a loss is a stall? I seriously have been contemplating answering back and saying 'no, that isn't normal. I think you may be done.' Simply just to be as absurd as the stupid posts. I don't remember being so obsessed but I guess that isn't ny nature anyway. I considered myself truly a slow loser. The most I lost in one month was 10 lbs and that was month 1. I have averaged between 6 and 9 lbs a month every month since. But guess what? After almost a year I am almost 90 lbs down and 10 lbs to goal. Have I freaked out - no. I follow the plan and do my thing...

Hakuna matata people!!!

As I have said before, if we were going to Weight Watchers etc, we only weighed once a week. That's what I do now. 2 mos out and haven't had any "stalls"

As I have said before, if we were going to Weight Watchers etc, we only weighed once a week. That's what I do now. 2 mos out and haven't had any "stalls"

Bingo! I weigh once a week, on Wednesday and have and only one week where I didn't drop something. Yes, I count 1/2 lb as loss but apparently if it isnt more than 20 a week it's a stall. Lol

lol, I read back on my rant and decided to delete it since it might violate community guidelines. Nothing to see here folks, move along ;)

Edited by Bufflehead

I know sometimes it's just a head shaker but most of these folks have no clue how our bodies work and how we lose weight. Nutritional ignorance is one of the main reasons many people are obese. They've buried their heads in the sand for a long time.

But this site is designed to help all who want to post so buck it up and reply with a smile if you can. I've probably answered hundreds of these posts and it is repetitive but so many didn't listen in the orientation or nut classes they truly have no idea.

tmf

I know sometimes it's just a head shaker but most of these folks have no clue how our bodies work and how we lose weight. Nutritional ignorance is one of the main reasons many people are obese. They've buried their heads in the sand for a long time.

But this site is designed to help all who want to post so buck it up and reply with a smile if you can. I've probably answered hundreds of these posts and it is repetitive but so many didn't listen in the orientation or nut classes they truly have no idea.

tmf

I saw a post on a different site, asking how we lose the fat. She thought we peed it out. Not enough faces and palms in the world.

tmf

I saw a post on a different site, asking how we lose the fat. She thought we peed it out. Not enough faces and palms in the world.

That logic is not actually far from reality. Fat breaks down - that which is not metabolised or the waste products from it, has to go somewhere.

Guess where?!

Maybe those faces and palms were a bit too premature after all? ;)

Gee people we all have to go on this journey and most jump in scared not informed! We all start with wanting the fat gone--- then realize it's going to take work ! Let be encouraging! ;)

for real???

I'm newly sleeved and I've seen so many if those posts that I know when I reach a stall not to panic...it happens. But I also no longer own a scale I plan on using only measuring tape to track progress. However in their defense they are just looking for support and this is the place to get it. I remember wondering, during my lurking phase, why do ppl ask the same question daily about stalls but I just shrugged it off and made a mental note about what to expect and noted that I shouldn't have a melt down if my progress doesn't go as I fantasized that it would...

I am so sick of thread after thread after thread of .... is this normal? Is this it for me???'

I agree. Besides, there is no one normal. Everybody's different. The only normal I can relate to is my own recovery........that, and what I have READ on here about other's recoveries. So newbies, before you go freaking out, try reading a few posts. Maybe even do a search. There's only hundreds of the same topics over and over that will probably answer your question a dozen different ways.

At least look at the Recent Topics section. I have seen the same questions asked three different ways and still showing in the Recent section.

I know, I know.....you want an answer right away. It's only been a few hours or a couple of days and everything happening is still new and unknown. To you that is. To those that are months out it's routine and can get very redundant repeating the same answers over and over.

Think of it this way. If you do a search, you'll usually get lots of responses instantly. No waiting. You can belay your fears instantly. You might even find answers to some questions you haven't even thought to ask yet. Give it a try.

No matter.....we will still be around to answer whatever questions you might have. And remember, when you get several months out......don't be too hard on the newbies. ;)

Edited by Recycled