Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 2014 June Sleevers

Hello beautiful ppl I am scheduled for June 20th and I really don't know how to feel I guess im just ready 4 results not looking forward to the rough patch that I know I must experience but im a bit worried about this 2week liquid diet I'm trying to mentally prepare myself but does anybody have and tips or advice on how to get through the liquid diet? Things to drink should I put fruits and veggies in my ninja or stick to thin liquids

You might be able to do fruits and veggies. My dr is Protein only with mil 14 days pre op

My surgery is June 4th.... Six days to go!!! I'm so scared and nervous. It's real, it's life changing (yes, I did know that). Just all coming together faster than I imagined. So many unknowns... Anyone else feeling like this?

Yes! Mine is June 3rd. Nervous.........

liquid diet? Now I'm paranoid because I was told HIGH Protein, LOW carb diet. Not liquid only. My surgery is Tuesday! Hope I'll be ok.

Edited by KrissySMD

liquid diet? Now I'm paranoid because I was told HIGH Protein, LOW carb diet. Not liquid only. My surgery is Tuesday! Hope I'll be ok.

Every dr. Is different. Way different.

Mine does liquids only to also prep you for the liquid phase after. It's 14 days before and after. Which is crazy in my humble opinion.

Hi everyone, a few more days and June 3rd I will be able to start using my new tool and getting rid of the old one. I did a little grocery shopping today's to prepare for when I come home. Has anyone bought any Multivitamins or Protein shakes/powder. I still have not made any decisions on which kind brand to but yet. Anyone else?

I bought a few different types of Protein Shakes just to be safe but the one I am most excited to try is Unjury. My doctor recommends that one a lot and I've heard great reviews! You can only get it online though at www.unjury.com. And don't worry, I wasn't instructed to do liquids before either, I even asked my doctor after I read all these posts and he said every one is different but that he didn't think I had to...so hopefully everything goes well because I only have 5 days until Wednesday!!!!

The time goes by fast... I brought premier shakes from Costco... Mainly because it gad the most Protein than the others (30 gms). I plan on working Monday... Before the big day, but I'm feeling anxious.. Just wish I could take that day off too.. Oh well!

Hello beautiful ppl I am scheduled for June 20th and I really don't know how to feel I guess im just ready 4 results not looking forward to the rough patch that I know I must experience but im a bit worried about this 2week liquid diet I'm trying to mentally prepare myself but does anybody have and tips or advice on how to get through the liquid diet? Things to drink should I put fruits and veggies in my ninja or stick to thin liquids

You might be able to do fruits and veggies. My dr is Protein only with mil 14 days pre op

My friends who have had the procedure say it's all you can do to get liquids in? Said NOT hard?

This is so our month!

Lets keep in touch after surgery in PostOp June2014 Sleevers

I have formed some great friendships here!

I wish everyone the best and talk to you all soon!!

It's June everyone! How are all of you feeling? You ready? Anxious? Some of us are this week & some have a few more weeks to go but, none the less, it's OUR month. We have been waiting so long for June to come along and now it is here. Can't wait to read about all of you, post op!

Tuesday for me! Hard to believe. I'm peeing every 2 seconds with all this water! But as long as my viens are accessible on surgery day, I'll be happy. Time has flown and I'm more than ready!

3 days for me! I am starting my 2 day liquid diet tomorrow. I am really nervous but feel a little better because I tried another Protein Drink and it was much better than the first one I tried. To be fair, I took the muscle milk vanilla and added about 1/2 cup of milk and it went down much easier. The first time I had premium Protein chocolate straight from the container. I am going to try that one again tomorrow with milk mixed in and see if it is better that way. Tomorrow, I am supposed to find out what time my surgery is as well. Really hoping for early Wed morning...Good luck everyone that is going in this week.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches