Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm in the medical field.

You can't possibly be a real nurse of you don't think nursing is part of the medical field.

My degree says I am qualified in 'layaboutishness', from the School of Sloths, College of Sedentariness.

What's a girl to do?!

Oh, that's it... yawn and return to her little nap :blink:

My degree says Nursing, not Medicine.

You are splitting hairs. Of course medicine and nursing are distinct disciplines. But you were talking about when someone says, "in the medical field." I think most people equate that with being in healthcare in one form or another including doctors, nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists, pharmacists, and yes even CNAs and CMAs, phlebotomists and all kinds of technicians. Basically anyone who cares for patients in a healthcare setting. My husband is about to graduate from a surgical technology program and is currently in clinicals. Is he not "itmf" when he spends his days alongside the surgeon and OR nurses handling people's blood and guts? We may have to agree to disagree on this? Plus, your horse seems just a little too high for me.

My degree says Nursing, not Medicine.

Who gives a s***, Suzy? This is your big insecurity, not anyone else's.

You can't possibly be a real nurse of you don't think nursing is part of the medical field.

to really split hairs nursing is it's own thing. It is not medicine at its core. florence nightingale worked very hard to distinguish nursing from medicine. One of my pet peeves is when nursing uses a caduceus as a logo.

I've been a nurse for 8years. Some of the hardest working folks I have ever saw where CNA's. I know they are the backbone and can make or break any nurse on a shift. While nobody should misrepresent themselves it's a lot of semantics about someone saying they are in the medical field that really...who cares? If you give any form of patient care in the medical field you work in healthcare. Who cares what tier you are? We all in healthcare have a job to do and we all make up an integral part. Snobbery and "nurses eating their young" are unfortunately still a part of things today. I personally wouldn't want to work with a fellow nurse who looked down their nose at any member of the team..right down to the housekeeper! Every bit is important to insure the overall patient well being. Get over yourself!

If theres one thing I cant stand is a snobby ass nurse who thinks shes better than everyone else. Ive been a nurse for 9 years and love the cnas I work with. I even get down and dirty with them and change attends and wash my patients. Cnas are one of the hardest workers in the medical field. A lot of times they know more about their patients then the nurses. A degree does not make u better than anyone. Its a degree thats it

Resurrected it, no.

Bumped it to the top of the thread list by posting - sort of. It was already there, to be fair.

It should by now, just slip away into the old thread ether... 'Cause it ain't servin' no purpose!

Hate to break this to you variously titled folk, but to most people not involved in the healthcare industry, you're either a nurse or a doctor. The people you are caring for don't typically know the difference. We just want you to help us. That said, I could see a CNA or someone with another healthcare related acronym title telling people they are a nurse to get around continually explaining the difference. I'm in the financial technology field with a hard to describe title and roll, and pretty much just tell people I work with credit cards.

Yep that's true. There are so many degrees of nursing and physicians. I happen to have a job that some physicians hold yet I'm not a physician. I do the exact same job as a physician in my field but I'm a nurse. How confusing is that? Lol.

I'm pretty sure I need a grilled cheese sandwich now. Anyone know of a Protein Shake flavored like that? Butter, toast, and cheese. Oh I'm so hungry.

I'm pretty sure I need a grilled cheese sandwich now. Anyone know of a Protein Shake flavored like that? Butter, toast, and cheese. Oh I'm so hungry.