Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody in here sceduled for surgery this MONTH?

Early April Sleevers....how's it going so far? The good, the bad and the ugly please!!

I started my Protein Shakes today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (of course it's just one day lol)... Having shrimp and veggie curry for dinner. I bought a shaker cup and a personal blender to take to work tomorrow for my Protein Shake (& some almond and coconut milk as I don't drink reg milk)... I'm certainly nervous and also excited because I've been waiting my whole life to finally have this kind of control over my body, I'm super grateful for this tool.

-MM

I am supposed to be on Protein Shakes and liquids only. However I'm finding that I'm getting terrible headaches. So I am eating just high-protein foods when necessary. Yesterday I had two egg whites and a shake for dinner. This morning I had egg whites for Breakfast along with the shake. I had a shake and some egg drop Soup for lunch. And for dinner I had four oz of white meat grilled chicken. Hopefully this doesn't mess me up to bad.

I am supposed to be on Protein Shakes and liquids only. However I'm finding that I'm getting terrible headaches. So I am eating just high-protein foods when necessary. Yesterday I had two egg whites and a shake for dinner. This morning I had egg whites for breakfast along with the shake. I had a shake and some egg drop Soup for lunch. And for dinner I had four oz of white meat grilled chicken. Hopefully this doesn't mess me up to bad.

You will have headaches for the first few days and periodic through the liquid diet. I just finished 2 weeks, my surgery is in the morning. Try to just follow the liquids like your doctor wants. I know it's miserable for a few days. Good luck to you.

Hello April Sleevers. I am on schedule for 4.18. Pre-registered at the hospital, one week of pre-op diet down, one more to go. I started my journey in Jan, insurance approval took three weeks but managed to receive approval on the first pass. Feeling a little anxiety but so ready to have this tool in my weight loss battle.

I read something about an April Facebook page........I would like to join if possible.

Good luck to you all, we are going to be the success stories our surgeons point to as examples for others.....stick to the plan and never forget you are an amazing human......

Mark

Good luck to you Mark! It is great to be positive. I have surgery in the morning. My nerves are really getting to me, but I know things will be fine.

I am just hours away from my surgery. I will be at the hospital at 5am tomorrow morning 4/16, OMG I cant wait the day is just a few hours away. I'm a little nervous but more excited than anything! I'm sure the nerves will get me once I'm in the hospital tomorrow morning lol

Edited by butterfly2014

Scheduled on 4/28...counting down! Can't wait!!!

I'm scheduled for April 29th. Im on day one of two week liquid diet. I'm feeling tortured!

I am a bad bad girl! I had some egg whites for breakfast, some sf ff pudding, a slice of turkey, a shake and some raw carrots. It my time of the month and I was starving. This is day 4 of 10. Is this going to really really mess me up??? The headaches are finally gone, so that's something to be happy about. Scheduled on 4/21.

I just got scheduled for April 29th! Started my two week Preop diet today!

I am schduled for April 23rd, can ya all tell me what you drink for Protein shakes/drinks? I still can't find a shake that I like, I need one that is not thick and easy to swallow.

@ I bought mine at walmart... Just the whey Protein chocolate flavor for like $16... I also ordered Click Decaf Protein Powder on Amazon so I could have coffee in the morning...

I am scheduled on the 24th.

Just wanted to update you all on my surgery. Just had it Monday the 14th and I can say, this is an easier surgery than my gall bladder. I am feeling great today 2 days post op. I could really have gone to work today for a while. Yesterday after getting home from the hospital I started a fever which got to 99.8 and I was feeling crappy from that and a little worried. Just took some of my liquid hydracodone (YUCK) before I went to bed last night and woke up feeling great. I can truly say, I believe the 2 week liquid only diet prepares your body for this and to alleviate any cravings that some people get after surgery. I have no cravings or hunger as of yet. Good luck to those surgeries to come in April.

Hello everyone! Im back!well alive and kicking!!!! I had my surgery done friday april 11th....it went great...I woke up from sx with just a little pain at the top of my stomach from where the liver retractor was placed......They doc did have a pain pump set up for me,which I rarley used.....1 hour after being back in my room I was up walking the hall with my husband and asked to have my foley cath removed...They removed it and I was able to void by the allowed time...the onl u problem I can say I had while in the hospital was being nauseous. ...ANY&ALL smells made me nauseous!!! And the 2nd problem which made me stay an extra night was my blood pressure was running high....So now im home....and doing great blood pressure is much better...and guess what I have not needed any diabetic medication not my pills or insulin since the surgery!!!!!! Im so happy!!! But guess what I cheated and got kn the scale.....21POUNDS DOWN!!!!! Never would have imagined. ..20 pounds was my 4 week goal! Wow I have to reevaluate some goals!