Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd night hosp stay after surgery ....so much pain

My surgery was Monday the 7th at 10am. I am in so much pain today. They havent taken my jp drain out yet. They stopped my dilaudid pain pump because I was itching like crazy. They gave me liquid tylenol with codeine, I threw it up. Now I just got liquid percocet, it seems to work until I move around. I was just hoping to feel better by tonight, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Thanx for reading my vent.

I hope that you can get a better pain management going. When you can stay ahead of the pain, your recovery will be so much easier.

I hope you start to feel better soon. The first few days were pretty rough but it will get better.

I hope your pain starts to subside. Let the nurses/your doctor know whats going on and what you need. They will look after you, and we're here to help you push through it!

Be well…

Thank you ladies. I started to feel a little better once they pulled the drain . I'm home now. Juat trying to learn to listen to my body. Sometimes I cant tell whether im full or have to pee. Lol. Thanks for the support again.

I had my surgery on Monday as well. I never anticipated begin in this much pain or this miserable but I have to keep reminding myself that this too shall pass. I'm a new sleever as well so I don't have a lot advice to give other than repeat these words "this too shall pass". Hope you start feeling better soon!

It's ok Dimples, vent all the hell you want. It was f'ing painful, and I'm not sugar coating. I'm 11 days post-op, and still have some pain, in the incission marks, and if I reach down, or up the wrong way. What's the right way? I haven't a clue, cause I'm being careful. It takes time, and your journey has begun. I wish you all the best, and we are all here for eachother. Bless you, and hope the pain eases soon.

Hi dimplesonblast, I had my surgery Monday too and was absolutely miserable the first couple of days. The nausea and pain meds didn't work for me, they had to switch them out twice before they found something that helped at all. I came home yesterday and had a pretty good night last night. I'm still very weak and shakey, but I also, for the first time since surgery, feeling at least slightly human. I'm getting my fluids in and trying to make sure there are calories in everything I'm taking in. I feel like ,hopefully, the worst part is over. I will keep you in my prayers that you feel better soon too.

I had my surgery on Monday too. Went back to the surgeon today tor a check up was running a 101 fever. Everything looks good..if my fever goes up again he wants me to go the ER

I had my surgery on Monday as well. I never anticipated begin in this much pain or this miserable but I have to keep reminding myself that this too shall pass. I'm a new sleever as well so I don't have a lot advice to give other than repeat these words "this too shall pass". Hope you start feeling better soon!

Thank you! I hope you feel better soon too. I pray to get past this stage soon.

Hey I just had my surgerymonday the 7 the as well. How are you feeling today?

Today I just fee gassy and my belly is hard. It almost feels like contractions. I did have a nice cry today. For a second I regretted having the surgery and wished I'd just dieted lol. Im ok now. How about you?

It's ok Dimples, vent all the hell you want. It was f'ing painful, and I'm not sugar coating. I'm 11 days post-op, and still have some pain, in the incission marks, and if I reach down, or up the wrong way. What's the right way? I haven't a clue, cause I'm being careful. It takes time, and your journey has begun. I wish you all the best, and we are all here for eachother. Bless you, and hope the pain eases soon.

thank you. Im glad to have this group oof ladies to talk to. I wish you the best also.

Hi dimplesonblast, I had my surgery Monday too and was absolutely miserable the first couple of days. The nausea and pain meds didn't work for me, they had to switch them out twice before they found something that helped at all. I came home yesterday and had a pretty good night last night. I'm still very weak and shakey, but I also, for the first time since surgery, feeling at least slightly human. I'm getting my fluids in and trying to make sure there are calories in everything I'm taking in. I feel like ,hopefully, the worst part is over. I will keep you in my prayers that you feel better soon too.

I'm happy to know I'm not the only one experiencing these feelings. We will all get through this together.

How long is the recovery