Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

K I need to find a Protein powder I like. I need as many weigh ins as possible.

Here are my problems:

1. I'm so over chocolate right now

2. My current powder (bariatric advantage) is so thick I'm gagging on it

3. Can't handle gritty texture

4.would prefer to mix with Water but can do milk.

Ok please give me suggestions

UMP Cookies and Cream is amazing!! http://www.amazon.com/Beverly-International-Ultimate-Cookies-2-pounds/dp/B0013OQ98E

Protizyme Peanut Butter Cookie is awesome! http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/metabolic-nutrition-protizyme-peanut-butter-cookie-2-lb-powder/9m-1005

And for plain vanilla that you can mix other stuff in, MRM vanilla is very smooth and creamy, and cheap!

http://www.amazon.com/MRM-Natural-Whey-Vanilla-2-03-Pound/dp/B000N8M3PE

As for what to mix it in, I really like almond milk (Unsweetened Original). It gives it a smoother texture (I think) than Water, but doesn't have as many calories/carbs at regular milk.

I have found the Bluebonnet "whey of Life" at my local health food store - it's not gritty at all.

They come in vanilla, chocolate (sorry) and an Isolate (plain) that you could add things to like S/F Torani coffee syrups.

Especially in the plain isolate -- World Market stores carry many more flavors in the Torani syrups than the grocery stores. Or you might look into PB2 or equivalent powdered Peanut Butter products. They mix in smooth and at 1.5 Grams of fat per serving they also boost the Protein and are a nice change from 'sweet'.

I recently found at "The Vitamin Shop" two things I like. The Syntrax brand Protein shakes have a whopping 23g of Protein , the store is limited in their flavors but there's 15 of them. Check out the sample pack you can order from mybariatricpantry.com

I am 2 weeks pre-op and my doctor has me on liquid diet only (Translation=5 shakes a day) so I feel your pain.

I am trying e-v-e-r-y-thing I can to stick with it. So far, the Syntrax seems to be the one I like best, I'm curious about the Isopure brand they carry but you have to buy such a large container. I think I'll order the Syntrax myself.

Edited by seattleslew

Isopure unflavored. I add it to just about everything. No taste, will make Jello and some Soups frothier. If you mix it when cold or warm it doesn't clump at all.

Catfishunta, when you use the isopure unflavored in your jell-o do you just mix a scoop into the Water called for on the box?

I vote for MRM Vanilla

how much sugar does MRM have in them?

I like Jay Robb whey Protein powder made with stevia.

It comes in vanilla, chocolate, strawberry.

It has 25g of Protein and is not gritty or thick when made.

I happen to make it with skim milk.

Oh and it's not overly sweet either.

You can purchase at Whole Foods, Amazon, or eBay.

less than 1g and 1.5g carbs

how much sugar does MRM have in them?

I love anything by Unjury.. Does not have the after taste..

Ok this is awful to admit but I'm having my husband go to the GNC after work and get a few, it looks like the Isopure is the most common and definitely one that caught my eye. How about BSN® SYNTHA-6 Core Series, it has 40g of sugar? Anyone try it? Thanks so much everyone for your feed back. I asked a health nut in my family but they weren't really helpful. He was all about packing on pounds of muscle and not understanding it was a Meal Replacement primarily focusing on Protein.< /p>

<p>how much sugar does MRM have in them?</p>

Like 1 gram sugar. 24g Protein. 110 calories.

Ok this is awful to admit but I'm having my husband go to the GNC after work and get a few, it looks like the Isopure is the most common and definitely one that caught my eye. How about BSN® SYNTHA-6 Core Series, it has 40g of sugar? Anyone try it? Thanks so much everyone for your feed back. I asked a health nut in my family but they weren't really helpful. He was all about packing on pounds of muscle and not understanding it was a meal replacement primarily focusing on Protein.< /p>

40g sugar?? Wont you just dump that? In my experience, GNC is overpriced. If you have another healthfood or nutritional store available, try that...

40g of sugar will make you very sick and you will have dumping from that.

According my nutritionist should have no more then 12g of sugar per serving so it won't cause dumping.

Please be very careful.

Good luck with find something you like.