Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nothing I CAN'T eat yet... Is this bad?

I am a little over 2 months out -26 lbs. I feel good with my restriction however haven't encountered anything I can't eat. If I eat slow and chew well I can eat anything just not as much of it. Is this bad? I am sort of expecting to not be able to eat certain things but I'm not so sure I need another fill. I have somewhere in between 5.5 and 6cc. Any thoughts?

You're in bandster hell right now. You aren't full enough yet, so watch what you're eating until you get to the right fill level. 5.0cc's (10cc band) was enough to put me in the green zone for several months. I developed stomach flu and had .5cc's removed two weeks ago, I'm surprised that while I can eat whatever I want I still have a stopping point and have not gained much weight back as a result.

I haven't had any fills yet so I can't answer to the "should I get a fill part"

But, I am 6 1/2 months out and can also eat everything just in smaller portions. I think that is awesome. If something doesn't agree (triscuits are uncomfortable--i think they just swell so i have wheat thins instead).

I would say thats fine….if you are making healthy choices and staying within the guidelines of what your doc/nutritionist wants you to eat.

I've asked the doc about getting a fill too but they tell me that I'm doing well without being hungry between meals and have been consistently losing so they tell me 'no' on the fill part.

I dont' want to be restricted so, for me, if i can eat all the foods i love (in moderation of course) and continue to lose…I AM HAPPY….

For the first time in my life….I AM HAPPY TO NOT FEEL DEPRIVED LIKE I AM NOT ON A DIET!

You're in bandster hell right now. You aren't full enough yet, so watch what you're eating until you get to the right fill level. 5.0cc's (10cc band) was enough to put me in the green zone for several months. I developed stomach flu and had .5cc's removed two weeks ago, I'm surprised that while I can eat whatever I want I still have a stopping point and have not gained much weight back as a result.

Not sure if you read my whole post. I'm pretty restricted. Def not in bandster hell anymore. It's not that I KEEP eating. I eat very little and am not hungry often at all actually. It's just that everything seems to go down as it should (pretty much) I have had a few uncomfortable episodes but no stuck episodes

You sound to me like you are at your perfect sweet spot. The fact you can eat pretty much anything doesn't mean you are not at a good fill level. You SHOULD be able to eat pretty much anything, just in smaller portions and taking small bites.

You'll know what your band can't tolerate, even in small bites (for me it's shrimp and red meat) and also what you just don't have the patience to eat, even in small bites (pizza, for example, or a hamburger with a bun).

You are losing, you aren't getting stuck, and you aren't hungry between meals. Sounds to me like you are at your sweet spot. Long may it last!

You sound to me like you are at your perfect sweet spot. The fact you can eat pretty much anything doesn't mean you are not at a good fill level. You SHOULD be able to eat pretty much anything, just in smaller portions and taking small bites. You'll know what your band can't tolerate, even in small bites (for me it's shrimp and red meat) and also what you just don't have the patience to eat, even in small bites (pizza, for example, or a hamburger with a bun). You are losing, you aren't getting stuck, and you aren't hungry between meals. Sounds to me like you are at your sweet spot. Long may it last!

Thank you! I hope I'm in the green! Only time and more weight loss will tell. I don't think I'll be truly convinced unless I lose a little more

I'm 3 months out with 7cc and i have never had a stuck episode. I could pretty much eat anything just not a whole lot of it. I was lead to believe by a few friends, that i would never be able to consume bread again.

I did misread your post, sorry about that! You sound like you're where you need to be actually. Enjoy!!

Not sure if you read my whole post. I'm pretty restricted. Def not in bandster hell anymore. It's not that I KEEP eating. I eat very little and am not hungry often at all actually. It's just that everything seems to go down as it should (pretty much) I have had a few uncomfortable episodes but no stuck episodes

IMHO you're in Bandster HEAVEN!!!

No where do you mention the Dragon of Hunger overwhelming your Bandster Senses that tell you you AREN'T hungry, and your new Bandster Life Style is reminding that you don't need to 'keep eating just because it ain't all gone'.

That wonderful spot where 'not-full' and 'not- hungry' are beginning to merge into making actual sense in way it never did preOp....

I don't remember in all my decades as Morbidly Obese, where that little discovery ever was observed.

Sometimes I fail to explain my comment very well.....I grew up with the notion that if I wasn't FULL I should keep eating and that 'hunger' had nothing to do with the meal.....if there was any left I wasn't doing my share of keeping the poor children of China from starving....that if there were another spoonful or 2 or 6 of something, if I didn't stuff it down I would waste it.

It sounds like you have transcended that very nicely.

IMHO you're in Bandster HEAVEN!!! No where do you mention the Dragon of Hunger overwhelming your Bandster Senses that tell you you AREN'T hungry, and your new Bandster Life Style is reminding that you don't need to 'keep eating just because it ain't all gone'. That wonderful spot where 'not-full' and 'not- hungry' are beginning to merge into making actual sense in way it never did preOp.... I don't remember in all my decades as Morbidly Obese, where that little discovery ever was observed. Sometimes I fail to explain my comment very well.....I grew up with the notion that if I wasn't FULL I should keep eating and that 'hunger' had nothing to do with the meal.....if there was any left I wasn't doing my share of keeping the poor children of China from starving....that if there were another spoonful or 2 or 6 of something, if I didn't stuff it down I would waste it. It sounds like you have transcended that very nicely.

I agree. You're not supposed to be what my surgeon calls a surgical bulimic. I can eat anything I want, I just get satisfied sooner and stay full longer. My surgeon says to be in exactly the right spot, you shouldn't even know you have a band. That's where I am.

Sounds like the same place I'm at. I was banded almost 6 months ago and have steadily been losing about 6-8 pounds a month. No stuck episodes. Just nice to feel satisfied with a lot less. Congrats to us!

I am over 2 years out and at goal. I can eat still eat anything, and totally echo what SandyM says above. Sounds like you are in a great spot!

I am a little over 2 months out -26 lbs. I feel good with my restriction however haven't encountered anything I can't eat. If I eat slow and chew well I can eat anything just not as much of it. Is this bad? I am sort of expecting to not be able to eat certain things but I'm not so sure I need another fill. I have somewhere in between 5.5 and 6cc. Any thoughts?

some great responses to your post/thread

lap band will not stop the majority from eating (what they like)

however some do have issues with certain things..

I eat things I like and that is called living life.....its not about dieting not eating this or that

I think you are overthinking it.....you seem to be doing well..and by losing weight and getting healthy, you are doing WELL........congrats to yourself on that and def keep up the great work

You sound just like me!!!! I went to my surgeon for my followup visit all concerned because of this very reason. I have restriction but can eat anything I want, I haven't gotten sick and was only slightly stuck once. When i asked him if this was ok he laughed and said well yes this is exactly where you should and want to be.

Keep up the great work!! You're doing great!