Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie- is my sleeve gonna work?

I am five days post op and on liquids only for two weeks. I know our sleeves are only about 3-4 ounces, but I don't have any trouble getting down 8 ounces of Water in a short period of tome. Also- hubby just brought home a 7.5 ounce Rita's sugar free Italian ice and it was gone on 10 minutes. I'm not uncomfortable at all.

Will the restriction come when I start with real food? I've been sipping Water since surgery and I forgot today and accidentally chugged three swallows with no consequences.

Thanks!

I wish I felt the same I was sleeved 3/28 and I am having the hardest time even with Water. i just feel super bloated. The only thing that goes down smoothly is apple sauce and greek yogurt. Everything else including water takes me forever. i still havent gotten through a bottle of water in a day at all.

Will the restriction come when I start with real food? I've been sipping Water since surgery and I forgot today and accidentally chugged three swallows with no consequences.

Thanks!

Relax, your sleeve is gonna work just fine. For some like us the liquids seem to go right thru. Once I hit the puree and then soft foods.......ehhhhh!!....full stop at 3 ounces.

I had my sleeve done March 18th, so about 2 weeks out. I was like "wow" this is a lot of Fluid to get in. I was doing the shot glass every 15 minutes, but started dry hieving, but nothing coming up, the nurse told me to slow down on fluids, I did and that took care of it. The last few days I had been getting light headed... kinda foggy funk... well I called the Dr., he asked what color is your urine, I said about apple juice, no no he said, I was doing about 48-50 ounces of liquid, he said not enough, he said minimum 64 oz. try to get close to 90 oz. if ya can, I was dehydrated!, then bam! all gone.

I now have no problem drinking 80 oz. I know it can be hard, but drink, drink, drink!

Wish you all the best!

So I started puree tonight and I am still hungry. There seems to be a lot of variance in puree. I mean, I had very liquidy pea Soup which is obviously thinner than refried Beans. Is this why I feel like I had broth, I'm totally hungry no joke.

I wish I felt the same I was sleeved 3/28 and I am having the hardest time even with Water. i just feel super bloated. The only thing that goes down smoothly is apple sauce and greek yogurt. Everything else including Water takes me forever. i still havent gotten through a bottle of water in a day at all.

I was sleeved march 20th and I felt exactly the same way. My nut cleared me for scrambled eggs. I can only eat one egg. That's it. But I am able to down Water with no problem. I can go through 12 oz of water in 15 min with no discomfort.

So Karinbuck, are you saying that I maybe had to thin a texture or what? I'm confused, eggs filly you?

But then point is I can finally more past broth.'i was so excited to have Soup, I was going to have refried Beans but had the pea soup. It was like air. Was it just too liquidy? I'm at purée phases.