Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should I go pescatarian and dairy free for one month with my sleeve?

Know I need my Protein, and being 21 months out and losing 90 pounds has been great, but I really would love to get to 145. I'm 5'6" and 160 now. I've started working out 4 days a week and wonder if changing up my diet for one month may help?!? Really unsure on what to do. I'm strictly low carb, 20-30 grams a day. I wanna give up dairy because I love cheese way too much, it's the first thing I grab when I open the fridge, and the quickest snack we have in my home. If love some help and insight and wonder if this is a good choice/ challenge for me? I hate my stomach! ;(

I became a vegetarian and dropped 50lbs quickly (pre op) I plan in incorporating fish back into my diet now that I am post op and becoming a Pescetarian. People who use fish as their main source of Protein statistically have the longest life span then vegetarians. I'd say go for it. I think dairy from cows is awful for you! I 100% support this decision lol. You will be amazed at how your skin changes!

In my opinion (and I'm still new to this, but if you're only going to do it for a month or somewhat of a fad diet, not a lifestyle change the weight may come back. It doesn't hurt to switch it up the food options.

Unless it's drastically different from your current lifestyle i wouldn't consider it a diet fad. I consider it making better choices! And if you decide to make it a lifestyle change even better! I did and feel so much better. Plus you have a great tool to help you maintain.

Edited by KristinaRnY

I tried pescatarian for a few months pee banding. I enjoyed it and liked it. My fiancé is the main cook. He loves beef so I try not to complain. Plus we like different fishes. I like plain low taste and he likes stronger tasting fish. I was mostly keying into the comment about trying it for a month. It probably wouldn't hurt anything but just wanted to warn what might happen after the 1 month trial period.

Thanks ladies for the replies, only reason I said a month is because I wanted to see if I feel and see a change, and if I do, then I'll stick to it, if not, then I'll go back to high Protein from all sources. I did it today and I feel awesome! I'll keep updated and see what happens in a month. If anyone else wants to chime in opinions, feel free!! ;)

I became a vegetarian and dropped 50lbs quickly (pre op) I plan in incorporating fish back into my diet now that I am post op and becoming a Pescetarian. People who use fish as their main source of Protein statistically have the longest life span then vegetarians. I'd say go for it. I think dairy from cows is awful for you! I 100% support this decision lol. You will be amazed at how your skin changes!

I agree about cows milk cheese, I may switch to feta only for my cheesey days, lol, thank u for ur input!

@@TheNewSusie you should try this site IIFYM, my boyfriend stalled with his weight loss...and started following this website, and pushed through his plateau big time. I would definitely change up your diet Or try a different workout routine. Truth be told...abs are made in the kitchen! I see you are extreme low carb right now, adding in a few more carbs probably wouldn't hurt. As long as they are good carbs and not all bread. Also are you weight training? Try sucking in your stomach when you are doing cardio, that will help you burn belly fat.

Goodluck!

@@TheNewSusie you should try this site IIFYM, my boyfriend stalled with his weight loss...and started following this website, and pushed through his plateau big time. I would definitely change up your diet Or try a different workout routine. Truth be told...abs are made in the kitchen! I see you are extreme low carb right now, adding in a few more carbs probably wouldn't hurt. As long as they are good carbs and not all bread. Also are you weight training? Try sucking in your stomach when you are doing cardio, that will help you burn belly fat. Goodluck!

I'm going to start weight training, I did some functional training a few days ago and I'm really weak and need to build up my strength, I'm still soar from that. Thank u for the great tips!

Susie, I say go for it. I'm having trouble getting off that last bit of weight myself, it's really dragging. Changing things up a bit might be the ticket for you. Good luck :)

Susie, I say go for it. I'm having trouble getting off that last bit of weight myself, it's really dragging. Changing things up a bit might be the ticket for you. Good luck :)

Thank u! I'm on day 2, wish me luck