Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the site surgery date 4/16 freaking out

I'm still trying to figure out how all of this works. I've been on this site for months now looking for info prior to obtaining my surgery date and now I have it. 4/16/14. I was wondering if any of you were so ready for the surgery up until you got your date and then you started freaking out. I'm really nervous about it. Don't get me wrong I'm excited as can be but, scared about this huge commitment I'm about to jump into. Anyone else feel that way prior to your surgery?

yes I just started freaking out and getting really nervous and my date is 4/2/14 it is just days away...I am also very happy and excited I have been thinking of doing this for the last two years but always wanted to try one more diet and usally was really

successfull but always gained it all back and then some I just need help and I know this tool can and will provide it as long as I do my part!!!! I have just started getting emotional.....How could I let myself get this way I was an athlete all trought school crosscountry, basketball softball volleyball I did it all and loved to be on the go!!!! IT is time to get my life.....at the end you just remember

WE DESERVE THIS!!!!!

This is a pretty common response. You can probably do a search on "freaking out" and find a ton of posts. It's normal. You'll do fine. :)

Best of luck to you.

yes I just started freaking out and getting really nervous and my date is 4/2/14 it is just days away...I am also very happy and excited I have been thinking of doing this for the last two years but always wanted to try one more diet and usally was really

successfull but always gained it all back and then some I just need help and I know this tool can and will provide it as long as I do my part!!!! I have just started getting emotional.....How could I let myself get this way I was an athlete all trought school crosscountry, basketball softball volleyball I did it all and loved to be on the go!!!! IT is time to get my life.....at the end you just remember

WE DESERVE THIS!!!!!

Thank you. We DO deserve this. I'm glad you mentioned thinking "how could I let myself get this way." That's another thought that I've been thinking a lot lately. I've pretty much avoided anyone that I went to high school with because I don't want them to think that I just really let myself go. That's one thing I've really got to stop doing is caring about what anyone thinks. Have you told anyone besides close family and friends? I didn't plan on telling anyone, but I am not good at keeping things short and sweet.

I am April 15th! I too am nervous. Just dont want anything to go wrong! Worried about functioning on my liquid diet I start Tuesday. Also kind of overwhelming thinking about learning how to eat all over again! Like being a baby without the mother to fix your food lol! I just try and keep my eyes focused on the prize and I get excited. The surgery part will soon be a memory and the day I got my life back. I look in the mirror a lot these days and just imagine. We can do this! Then be here 6 months from now comforting other newbies and telling them it was the best thing we ever did :)

Awesome. That's another great way to think about it. We eventually will be the ones telling people not to be nervous and our success stories.

WE DESERVE THIS!!!!!

Thank you. We DO deserve this. I'm glad you mentioned thinking "how could I let myself get this way." That's another thought that I've been thinking a lot lately. I've pretty much avoided anyone that I went to high school with because I don't want them to think that I just really let myself go. That's one thing I've really got to stop doing is caring about what anyone thinks. Have you told anyone besides close family and friends? I didn't plan on telling anyone, but I am not good at keeping things short and sweet.

I pretty much tell everyone I love my choice and dont care what other people say!!!!! I am doing this for me not them and unless you have delt with the struggle of being obese then you have no idea and most people that dont agree with it are small in size!!! I am the one who is taken my life in my own hands and I will get back to being healthy and happy....Oh and SEXY!!!! Just nervous about surgery!!!! it is a very scarey thing

I think it is good to be nervous and to make sure you are committed to the decision. I spent years considering surgery and doing research and diets. I then spent a year preparing for my sleeve surgery, but still had a panic attack two weeks before my surgery. However, I had done everything I needed to do and I felt good about my decision and knew it what truly what I needed to do for myself. On the day of surgery, I was not nervous at all, but had a strong sense of peace and determination. I knew it would not be easy and that the surgery would likely be painful and cause discomfort, would force a change in my eating habits and will require a commitment to exercise to fully realize the benefits of the surgery.

It is not a quick fix or easy decision, but a major surgery and lifelong commitment, so having some nerves is not only common, but good, because this is a major life changing thing. My advice is to work through your nerves by being as informed as prepared as possible for the surgery and recovery. I created a very ambitious "to do" list for myself before surgery that helped me a lot, especially during my recovery. I used that nervous energy to do productive things that ended up giving me more and more confidence about my decision.

I'm one month out now, had a successful surgery and am grateful for also a very speedy recovery. I'm so glad I made this decision, but it took a lot of preparation for me to truly feel like I could succeed.

Good luck to you!

I think it is good to be nervous and to make sure you are committed to the decision. I spent years considering surgery and doing research and diets. I then spent a year preparing for my sleeve surgery, but still had a panic attack two weeks before my surgery. However, I had done everything I needed to do and I felt good about my decision and knew it what truly what I needed to do for myself. On the day of surgery, I was not nervous at all, but had a strong sense of peace and determination. I knew it would not be easy and that the surgery would likely be painful and cause discomfort, would force a change in my eating habits and will require a commitment to exercise to fully realize the benefits of the surgery.

It is not a quick fix or easy decision, but a major surgery and lifelong commitment, so having some nerves is not only common, but good, because this is a major life changing thing. My advice is to work through your nerves by being as informed as prepared as possible for the surgery and recovery. I created a very ambitious "to do" list for myself before surgery that helped me a lot, especially during my recovery. I used that nervous energy to do productive things that ended up giving me more and more confidence about my decision.

I'm one month out now, had a successful surgery and am grateful for also a very speedy recovery. I'm so glad I made this decision, but it took a lot of preparation for me to truly feel like I could succeed.

Good luck to you!

Thank you! I know I'm making the right decision and that I will be so glad I did, afterwards. It's just getting through these next two weeks and trying not to over think everything. I'm so glad you had a speedy recovery and are doing well. Good luck on your journey!

I pretty much tell everyone I love my choice and dont care what other people say!!!!! I am doing this for me not them and unless you have delt with the struggle of being obese then you have no idea and most people that dont agree with it are small in size!!! I am the one who is taken my life in my own hands and I will get back to being healthy and happy....Oh and SEXY!!!! Just nervous about surgery!!!! it is a very scarey thing

Yes!!! Sexy, too! I'm ready to get rid of this high blood pressure and just feeling run down all the time and too tired to chase my kids around at the playground....but.... I can't wait to feel Sexy again, as well!

We all are very nervous, anxious, etc before surgery its totally normal. The way I look at it is I researched and read up and I just knew it was my only option to be healthy. If u are a praying person just pray that God takes u through this and helps u get back up again after surgery. Im 4 1/2 months out and its so good to eat to live and not live to eat. Thats what I tell everyone. Being sleeved was one of the best decisions of my life.

Yes I am and I've prayed a lot about it and will continue to pray. Thank you.

If you have faith in God then there is no need to worry. I literally did not worry at all with my surgery as I knew my life was in Gods hands. Pray that everything goes perfect and leave the rest to God. He will deliver..