Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 9th is my day! I am beyond excited!

Gripe alert

Feeling hungry tonight. Very disappointing, as I didn't think I'd have to deal with it for a long time, if ever.

Also craving salt.

Only lost 1.7lbs as of this morning. Can't help but to compare and feel like it's not working very well for me.

Knew I would probably eventually have some buyers remorse, just didn't expect it to be this soon.

Edited by JessLS99

Gripe alert Feeling hungry tonight. Very disappointing, as I didn't think I'd have to deal with it for a long time, if ever. Also craving salt. Only lost 1.7lbs as of this morning. Can't help but to compare and feel like it's not working very well for me. Knew I would probably eventually have some buyers remorse, just didn't expect it to be this soon.

Ohh no I'm so sorry! That sucks Jess! I have read in different blogs that if you are not getting your liquids in you could mistake it for hunger?? You only know how you feel though. Hopefully it will get better. Have you called your Dr.? Losing 1.7 is better than gaining! ;) I still have not weighed myself because I know the Water weight is still here - it might piss me off & cause me to eat my feelings if I were to actually see a gain on the scale after the crazy pain I had on days 1 & 2.. I'm trying to retrain myself! I think this is fatty war & I'm going to win this damn battle once & for all!!

I find that I am not necessarily hungry but I am managing to easily get down my full liquids! I am not feeling stuffed full but I am not hungry. I was surprised how quick I could wolf up a Protein Shake or soup! I have been taking Dannon zero fat 80 cal 12 Proteins Greek flavored yogurt adding 6 oz of skim milk (60 cal & 6 more proteins & blending w/ ice cubes! It is so yummy & so filling! I tried the Carmel Machaitto (spelling) anyway it was great! I stopped all pain meds after leaving the Hosp & had to push/ roll my fat self out of the bed - I was pretty active today! I did the dishes, a load of laundry & drove to Super Target! I was tuckered out by days end! I'm still pretty sore & ohhh crazy weak! I chalked it up to my malnourishment of 450 calories today! ;)

I hope your "buyers remorse" goes away soon! I have read so many boards/blogs & there are so many emotions early on so hopefully for you This too shall pass. Hang in there!

Ohh no I'm so sorry! That sucks Jess! I have read in different blogs that if you are not getting your liquids in you could mistake it for hunger?? You only know how you feel though. Hopefully it will get better. Have you called your Dr.? Losing 1.7 is better than gaining! ;) I still have not weighed myself because I know the Water weight is still here - it might piss me off & cause me to eat my feelings if I were to actually see a gain on the scale after the crazy pain I had on days 1 & 2.. I'm trying to retrain myself! I think this is fatty war & I'm going to win this damn battle once & for all!! I find that I am not necessarily hungry but I am managing to easily get down my full liquids! I am not feeling stuffed full but I am not hungry. I was surprised how quick I could wolf up a Protein shake or soup! I have been taking Dannon zero fat 80 cal 12 Proteins Greek flavored yogurt adding 6 oz of skim milk (60 cal & 6 more Proteins & blending w/ ice cubes! It is so yummy & so filling! I tried the Carmel Machaitto (spelling) anyway it was great! I stopped all pain meds after leaving the Hosp & had to push/ roll my fat self out of the bed - I was pretty active today! I did the dishes, a load of laundry & drove to Super Target! I was tuckered out by days end! I'm still pretty sore & ohhh crazy weak! I chalked it up to my malnourishment of 450 calories today! ;) I hope your "buyers remorse" goes away soon! I have read so many boards/blogs & there are so many emotions early on so hopefully for you This too shall pass. Hang in there!

I may not be getting the whole 64 oz of Water, but I'm darn close. Doing Protein shakes too. Having real difficulty getting them down, but I'm getting in my. 60oz/day. Just Protein Shakes and clears until I see my doctor on Wednesday and can hopefully be advanced to full liquids.

I did see a post from someone farther along who said that they also had a hunger feeling with liquids that wasn't there once they were putting real food into their belly.

Yogurt sounds amazing! I just wonder how it's going to go down with my issues getting the Protein shakes down. They're just too thick and rich for me. Water, broth, and Decaf coffee go down with no issues. Jello is a lot of a struggle too.

"Fatty War" ... Lol

I'm just having a moment. Hopefully it gets better soon.

Still have some internal like pain and my bottom right incision burns. Still taking the liquid lortab occasionally for pain. Did manage to sleep on my stomach last night for the first time, which was wonderful.

Did a lot of walking when I first got home from the hospital, but yucky weather the last 2 days has pushed me inside and decreased the amount of walking. Going to go shopping with my sister today. Hopefully that will help to be up and out for a while.

:)

I think there is a misconception with a lot of people that this surgery eliminates hunger. We will still get hungry. We will just get fuller faster. It's unfortunate that we get hungry at this stage since we're fresh out if surgery and can't eat solid food yet. Some of it's head hunger and some if it's legit.

Like the previous poster said, make sure you're getting in enough Water. If you're anything like me I wouldn't even worry about the scale. I still have swelling from surgery and don't expect a true number until the swelling goes down.

You are doing fabulous. Keep fighting the hunger. Stick to your prescribed diet. You will lose weight and you will be successful. In due time. ????

Hi jess. R u on Protein shakes yet? Im on only Clear liquids until wed. Did start having some hunger. No cravings but have been smelling Sesame chicken. Lol I thought I was going nuts.

Clear liquids and Protein Shakes for right now. Follow up appointment on Wednesday and hopefully I will be advanced to full liquid. The morning after surgery in the hospital I kept insisting to the night nurse at 6am that I could smell the sausage from the Breakfast trays. She just looked at me like I was really strange. They were giving me a lot of morphine. Lol.

I finally caved and had a couple sips of pickle juice that helped the salt craving. My sodium on my labs in the hospital was low, so it makes sense I was craving salt.

Yep. It's clear and it's liquid. So I went for it.

Doing better with Protein shakes as far as the consistency of them and getting my 60gm down. Made it over my Water goal yesterday. Still feel hungry, but I guess I'm going to have that until I start some more

substantial foods.

Tried to take my Vit D and Biotin (both medication and capsule size approved by surgeon) like I was taking before surgery and had horrible nausea and a tiny bit of vomiting from it. Yuck. First actual vomit of this whole experience.

Anyone else having difficulty with preop Vitamins? I'd like to continue taking mine because the doses are much higher than are found in the bariatric Multivitamins.

Took some Colace yesterday as per surgeons instructions for bowel function. Wow! Those are powerful!

Seeing the scale moving a bit, which is encouraging.

Hope everyone is well!

I REALLY dont want to be a scale freak!!! I was just sooooo mad to lose almost 10 pounds pre-op 7 day liquid diet only to gain All 10 pounds back on the day of surgery :( now im 6 days out and Im down 10.5 pounds when really it should be 20 pounds.....i go to my first postop office apt on Thursday and I start my full liquids on this Wednesday......im so glad i have had NO APPETITE!! I love the vanilla shakes but pre-op i loved the chocolate....if you live by a Vitamin Shoppe they have a 40 gram Protein Drink by Isopure, i love the grape frost!! They gave me one in the hospital and its not thick or like a shake..

Doing better with Protein Shakes as far as the consistency of them and getting my 60gm down. Made it over my Water goal yesterday. Still feel hungry, but I guess I'm going to have that until I start some more substantial foods. Tried to take my Vit D and Biotin (both medication and capsule size approved by surgeon) like I was taking before surgery and had horrible nausea and a tiny bit of vomiting from it. Yuck. First actual vomit of this whole experience. Anyone else having difficulty with preop Vitamins? I'd like to continue taking mine because the doses are much higher than are found in the bariatric Multivitamins. Took some Colace yesterday as per surgeons instructions for bowel function. Wow! Those are powerful! Seeing the scale moving a bit, which is encouraging. Hope everyone is well!

How are you doing now? That sucks to Vitamin vomit or any vomit. I take Vitafusion gummies - I almost treat them like a snack instead of the vitamin chore! I chew all of my vitamins. The Vitafusion vitamins have carbs but I'm barely getting 35 carbs in a day including my vitamins. I take flinstone Complete chewable 1 in the Am & 1 in the PM. Vitafusion Biotin, D3- Fiber all same schedule as my Flinstones! Maybe you can try those??? I'm doing 1 morning Protein Shake - creamy Soup lunch - Greek yogurt shake dinner! So I feel it is OK to rack up on the vitamin carbs! I almost feel full after nibbling on my Vitamins! Strange..... I'm sure it won't be that way forever. My pain & soreness has subsided almost to nothing. My incisions are itchy but I refrain f/ scratching them. I had lost 9 lbs days out I'm waiting until my des apt on the 28th to weigh again... I struggle w/ getting all my liquid! It is like another full time job! HA ;)

I hope you are doing better.