Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

I'm 4 wks n 3 days post op and I'm still having trouble knowing if I'm hungry, bloated or in pain.....weird, but it's confusing. Any suggestions?

I'm still in the 6 months waiting game thing at the moment. Getting everything done that I need to. Only have a chest xray and nut left for insurance requirements. Not on the losers bench yet.

@jdillion thats good ur getting things done. The dr appt r crazy once those are done you are in the home streach! Aw no ... no losers bench for you

Man I am dying. I'm ten days post op and sooooo hungry. My dr still has me on Clear Liquids so my diet consists of Protein Shakes, broth, Jello and Popsicles. And all I want is food. I see my dr tomorrow and I'm hoping he progresses me. I see others who get progressed quickly and I'm like why can't this be me? Lol. I feel like all these liquids aren't filling me up. Ugh :(

I had my sleeve 3-6-14 and so far I wouldn't change a thing. I had some nausea the first 24 hours but was in the hospital so they kept the medicine up pretty good. I was up walking the day I had surgery with no pain. I get a little nauseated every time I eat but only lasts 10-15 mins. It goes away faster if I get up and walk around right after eating. It's hard to get all 64 oz of liquid in everyday I'm lucky to get 40-50oz in. I find if I don't take in enough Protein I'm tired and if I don't drink at least 40 oz of Water I get head aches. I wish you all with upcoming surgeries much success. Today is the start of my 5th week and I have lost 26 lbs since surgery.

Hey all my sleeve was done on March 28th. I will be a week out tomorrow. It has been a rough week so far. Had to go to the ER for dehydration Monday and suffering horrible reflux since I left the hospital. Does anyone know how long it takes for the dermabond to fall off my incisions?

I'm 24 days in physically doing great Still fighting mental hunger vs physical hunger and trying to figure out the difference. Suggestions? Good news down 35lbs

I'm 24 days in physically doing great Still fighting mental hunger vs physical hunger and trying to figure out the difference. Suggestions? Good news down 35lbs

Wow 35 lbs down that's great. I'm only 26lbs down at 28 days. I've just started to think I'm a little hungry between Breakfast and lunch, I usually just drink more Water and have a breathsaver sugar free mint. I'm still trying to decide I it's mental or actual hunger.

Wow 35lbs that is awesome congrats. I hope to have your progress when I reach my 24th day out. I have to remind myself to eat. I have just started feeling hungry but am not sure if it is in my head either. I am just taking it day by day. I have been so tired and weak. What can I do to get some energy?

Hey everybody. I had my surgery on March 12th. It will be 4 weeks next Wednesday . I went to Mexico to the OCC with Dr. Ortiz. I had surgery around 1:00 pm on Wednesday and I was back in my room at the Marriott before 11:00 am on Thursday. The first three days......pretty tough but certainly manageable. I made a decision NOT to weigh myself for the first month so I am not sure how much weight I have lost. I will say that I feel great and I know that the surgery was the best choice for me. Good luck everyone.

My doc said Sleevers can no longer experience hunger because the Ghrelin hormone is no longer there. Any "hunger" we experience is either gas or between the ears.

Hey everybody. I had my surgery on March 12th. It will be 4 weeks next Wednesday . I went to Mexico to the OCC with Dr. Ortiz. I had surgery around 1:00 pm on Wednesday and I was back in my room at the Marriott before 11:00 am on Thursday. The first three days......pretty tough but certainly manageable. I made a decision NOT to weigh myself for the first month so I am not sure how much weight I have lost. I will say that I feel great and I know that the surgery was the best choice for me. Good luck everyone.

smart decision not to weigh, the weight we are losing now is probably Water weight any way... JMHO

I was able to eat egg today. I was afraid to try it because I love eggs so much & was concerned I would not be able to tolerate them, but it was fine. It was great to have a hot breakfast.