Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

Make sure to tell your surgeon about the diarrhea. I had a what I got mine tested and it turns out that I have an infection in my intestines probably from the hospital.

quote name="jerseygrl09" post="3418606" timestamp="1396201692"]

Hi everyone just had my sleeve done this fri march 28 got out of the hospital yesterday afternoon. After surgery was terrible anastasia did me in throw up a lot of blood almost passed out twice fri night. Sat felt better but this gas cramps sucks n is ridiculously uncomfortable. Trying to sleep in my bed last night was hard. I don't want 2 eat went in the hospital at 307 left yesterday at 316 nurse said cuz they filled me with gas depressing 2 go backwards. Lost 3lbs today from yesterday so gas must be coming out. Every time I go 2 the bathroom straight liquid in the back yuck sry. liquids r fine but hurts to go down feels like a buuble or pain on chest.

Questions

1. Can u Sleep On your side after gastric SLEEVE

2. Y does it hurt when sipping liquids

3. Is my stomach supposed 2 make werid noises.?

4. How long till all this gas leaves u?

5 .burping hurts y?

Any advice any comments r welcome this is all way 2 new n a crazy journey but happy 2 have this app site 4 help thank u everyone n good luck 2 everyone on ur journey's! !

@@right for me? Thx tued I def will

Tomorrow is my surgery day. It has been very helpful to read how everyone is doing post-op. At least I won't be surprised when I start having weird symptoms - burping, stomach grumbling, etc. It would be really scary to have all these symptoms and have no one to talk to about it.

One thing I'll mention - if you're having a sore throat after surgery, keep in mind that not only did they put the breathing tube down your throat, they also put the bougie. That can cause some throat irritation.

I hope everyone starts feeling better and I guess I'll see you on the other side. :D

Yay for you. Let us know how it goes and how you feel

Tomorrow is my surgery day. It has been very helpful to read how everyone is doing post-op. At least I won't be surprised when I start having weird symptoms - burping, stomach grumbling, etc. It would be really scary to have all these symptoms and have no one to talk to about it.

One thing I'll mention - if you're having a sore throat after surgery, keep in mind that not only did they put the breathing tube down your throat, they also put the bougie. That can cause some throat irritation.

I hope everyone starts feeling better and I guess I'll see you on the other side. :D

You'll do great! Be sure to update!

I was kind of surprised I didn't have a sore throat. Just a very dry mouth.

Tomorrow is my big day 3/31/2014~~~~~~~~I'm nervous no scratch that I'm scared~~~~~~~~ But I know my new way of life a healthier and more positively progressive quality of life is ahead of me. That's what pushes that fright cloud to the side and lets the new life sunshine beamed down hard light up my me and my mind~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow is my big day 3/31/2014~~~~~~~~I'm nervous no scratch that I'm scared~~~~~~~~ But I know my new way of life a healthier and more positively progressive quality of life is ahead of me. That's what pushes that fright cloud to the side and lets the new life sunshine beamed down hard light up my me and my mind~~~~~~~~~

@@071 good luck just had mine on fri 3/28 it will get better first couple days stink but push that fright away ur becoming healthier!!

This is my first post also. I'm 9 days post op. I had surgery in Mexico. I was pretty nervous but everything went well. The day I got out of the hospital I went for a 3 hour walk. I went back to work on day 6...really never dawned on me that it should be different.

Here is the deal. I am too scared to get on the scale. I have tried too hard and too long to lose weight. I finally take this action and what of it doesn't work? I'm taking in around 300-600 calories but having a hard time getting enough Protein.< /p>

You could attempt it ZEN style. Be one with the scale. Or Western Therapy..........The scale is your friend. British style...........for Queen and country. American style............throw a flag over it and go for glory. Rodeo style...........stay on it for 8 seconds. American football style.......when you see you've lost weight, spike the scale. Or my favorite.....yell at it "You're not the boss of me and stand on it until it submits. :D

This is my first post also. I'm 9 days post op. I had surgery in Mexico. I was pretty nervous but everything went well. The day I got out of the hospital I went for a 3 hour walk. I went back to work on day 6...really never dawned on me that it should be different. Here is the deal. I am too scared to get on the scale. I have tried too hard and too long to lose weight. I finally take this action and what of it doesn't work? I'm taking in around 300-600 calories but having a hard time getting enough Protein.< /p>

When I was first lap banded in 2009, I was a scale hoe, sometimes weighing several times a day. It took me along time how it played with my emotions, if I gained I was it his deep depression. It wasn't healthy. One day I just said, no more! I weigh myself once a week, that's it. I log it in MFP app, move on. I have many friends in blogger who only got rid of their scale & only weigh at their doctors office. Now I weigh myself on Friday mornings then I put the scale in trunk of my Hubby's car so I won't be tempted (sad I know). My point is if you don't want to get on scale, don't, wait for your post op appt & go from there.

Edited by KajunGumbo

Questions 1. Can u sleep On your side after gastric SLEEVE 2. Y does it hurt when sipping liquids 3. Is my stomach supposed 2 make werid noises.? 4. How long till all this gas leaves u? 5 .burping hurts y? Any advice any comments r welcome this is all way 2 new n a crazy journey but happy 2 have this app site 4 help thank u everyone n good luck 2 everyone on ur journey's! !

1. Yes I sleep on my side, that first week I slept with a really soft pillow against my belly.

2. Liquids hurt because your sore, I found the warm Soup better in mornings that first week.

3. Yes it's gas

4. I think it will be an ongoing problem as we Reintroduce foods to our stomach,but my gas from operation took about 9 days.

5. I never had the burping

Hope this helps! We're all in this together ;)

Tomorrow is my big day 3/31/2014 Good luck to all those having surgery today!

Edited by KajunGumbo

Mystery solved...I hope. 1 week post op today and I have worse pain than day 3 out. Just one area on the left side by my largest incision hole. It's like I am getting stabbed by a burning sword when I stand up and walk. I called yesterday and the surgeon on-call knew right away that they had sutured a nerve. Going in this morning for a shot of Kenalog to numb the pain. I guess it can take up to 6 weeks to heal on its own. "Ain't nobody got time for that". Cross your fingers it works. I need a break!

My surgery was also on 3/19. My Doctor and the hospital staff were all wonderful and did a great job at keeping my pain and nausea at a minimum. Coming home was tough (pain pills at home are not as good) LOL. My Doctor prescribed me medication pre-op for nauseous to have waiting for when I got home. It has done a great job for me. The pain got better after about a week. Then, getting the drain out on 3/27 made the pain horrible again. This time the Doctor wouldn't give me anything else for pain. I guess (according to him) other people do not have pain issues with this? Well, I did. That pencil sized drain tube felt like it was the size of a 6'5" 325 lb MAN coming out of my side. I think it was bruised, as I have had lots of tenderness. food cravings come and go, as expected. I miss food. can't wait to get to the point of eating again. I don't even want to eat A LOT, just eat. I too feel like it is difficult nourishing my body with only fluids and Protein Shakes. I have cried and "regretted" this surgery twice. BUT, I have lost about 22 lbs and my diabetes is finally under control. I have only taken a very small amount of insulin 2 times, I am sure only due to stress from pain. I was on a LARGE amount of insulin pre-op. So, I think it really will be worth all of the pain and sacrifice. I did this to save my life, after all - being thin and looking better is just an added bonus! :D

Ha! I have had a dream about donuts and last night one about Easter candy! I think I am withdrawing! Seriously no nightmares but I have heard that many people have that reaction to the pain meds. Today is day 5 post-op for me and I'm feeling good. Pain is almost non-existent at the surgical sites but I still have aching in my left shoulder due to gas. Today took a short walk outside to help that. I've had some ups and downs in moods though. Yesterday came the realization that my entire life, including work, family and friends, all revolve around food. Food has been the greatest joy in my life and I started feeling depressed because I had nothing to look forward to. Very sad to admit that! Today feeling more optimistic and looking forward to future. My highest weight was 227, day of surgery was 218, and today weight is 209.