Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone not tell family?

oops! Sorry. I just noticed that I'm in a Sleeve forum.

Weird thread, many here have not lost much weight after surgery. Either they are not updating weight loss or there is some correlation between not telling anyone and good success. I am pre-op and haven’t taken an add out, but don’t really care what people think. It’s a personal choice to better ones self. If others have a problem with that they can go some place where it is hot. Maybe letting people know will help one through the hard parts to prove they have made the correct decision and get back to where they want to be.

@@par1959

Arent you the same member that made a snide comment on my thread in the Mexico forum?

You have a way of throwing negativity into a situation that is really uncalled for.

Weird thread, many here have not lost much weight after surgery. Either they are not updating weight loss or there is some correlation between not telling anyone and good success. I am pre-op and haven’t taken an add out, but don’t really care what people think. It’s a personal choice to better ones self. If others have a problem with that they can go some place where it is hot. Maybe letting people know will help one through the hard parts to prove they have made the correct decision and get back to where they want to be.

So not telling the world my personal business is why I have failed at my WLS??!?!? Darnitall! Why didn't someone tell me that a year ago when I had my surgery done?? I guess it's time to start spreading the news because having only lost 111 pounds so far, I'm clearly doing something wrong. ;)

So not telling the world my personal business is why I have failed at my WLS??!?!? Darnitall! Why didn't someone tell me that a year ago when I had my surgery done?? I guess it's time to start spreading the news because having only lost 111 pounds so far, I'm clearly doing something wrong. ;)

Yeah @LipstickLady! Only 111 pounds?! Get it together missy! ;)

I've got 10-15 to go. Perhaps I will lose a pound for each person I tell??

Well I only told my husband... Clearly a mistake since I've gone from size 22 down to size 2.

I need more people to tell me how to succeed at WLS

I told part of dh's family now. They've been supportive, but I hate having every bite scrutinized.

If you noticed Par1959 is "pre" op so until he walks in our shoes his opinion doesn't count.

We've all done great w/weight loss and there is no correlation between telling people and pounds lost.

We all rock.

I told a Very limited few!!! My parents, husband, best friend and Co worker.

I am one of those people that want to shout it from the rooftops! I couldn't have done it without the support of my family and friends. I am not ashamed and feel as if I was judged more before the surgery than after the surgery! I have always been a happy person but for the last 10 years I have been consumed with the weight. I feel like I have such a new and wonderful outlook on life!!! I really don't care what people think of the WLS. My hopes are it will inspire someone who felt like I did to not be afraid to research it and come to me the questions....not that I have all the answers for sure!!!

I know it is a personal decision....but if people judge you for trying to improve your situation....who needs them? Life is too short to worry about those people if you ask me.

BAH! Just told another friend. Oh wait, make that two more friends. Oh, and hubby told his mom today. LOL! I guess I'll let my mom know too! LOL

I wish I could shout it out and get it over with. This 'keeping it a secret' thing is killin me. LOL But there are two people we know who have had bariatric surgery and we really don't want to hear their opinions or suggestions. They are not very good examples either. And they are know-it-alls.