Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non fill? The invisible fill? The unfill?

I need to vent.

There is definately something wrong with my new fill. I have less fill sensation than yesterday. To prove it, I just ate my tiny can of salmon, ate it faster than usual and nothing, no pbing, restriction less than yesterday. Then after a bit of a panic attack, I downed a whole glass of milk, again nothing, then I just ate a rice cake and piece of cheese. NOTHING. I thought at 3ccs that I wouldn't be able to swallow my SPIT....I did phone and the office is closed.

I must calm myself down now and just make another appointment.

I guess I worry about WHY this would happen?

Could it be that it leaked out as he filled, or as he pulled the needle out? During the fill he pulled out my old fill and then added .5.......so I know he hit the mark.

BTW he does a blind fill, no floro.

I am just upset as it means a 4 hour drive away from my 3 young kids and an overnight stay at a hotel......

Anyone else had this?

Panicking Paula

OK Paula--breathe! I'm not sure this means there's a problem. My restriction can be all over the place too sometimes. According to your signature you just got this fill today? If so, my restriction is really messed up the first couple days post-fill. I'd give it a day or two then yes, if you still feel there's a problem then definately call your doctor's office. Otherwise, I'd hang in there and see what tomorrow brings. Good luck and let us know how you feel tomorrow.

OK Paula--breathe! I'm not sure this means there's a problem. My restriction can be all over the place too sometimes. According to your signature you just got this fill today? If so, my restriction is really messed up the first couple days post-fill. I'd give it a day or two then yes, if you still feel there's a problem then definately call your doctor's office. Otherwise, I'd hang in there and see what tomorrow brings. Good luck and let us know how you feel tomorrow.

Yes, just this morning. I am trying to breath. I am just upset. I hope it is just all messed up, but the last few fills, I could feel right away.

Thank you so much, I will give it a few days, and try to relax.

I was just so excited to get a new fill and was hoping for a good restriction.

sigh, I guess this is just another one of those lessons in life that says to practise patience.

And WOW look at your stats AWESOME YOU!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I know...this process is hard. Patience is NOT a virtue I possess either! Hang in there and see what happens in a day or two. If you're like me, it might take as long as a week before I can judge whether a fill is right or not. Good luck!

Moving up .5 isn't very much. No wonder you don't have any restriction! Go in for another more agressive fill.

Really? I thought it was agressive. I was surprised he wanted to go to 3.0! But thanks, that puts a new slant on things for me.

I guess my big concern was that I felt more restriction the day BEFORE the fill.

But, so far, I am OK. I think at this point I am AFRAID to test it. So I am eating well today, when I feel as though it isn't working, then I WILL go for another fill.

Patience, patience,

Really? I thought it was agressive. I was surprised he wanted to go to 3.0! But thanks, that puts a new slant on things for me.

I guess my big concern was that I felt more restriction the day BEFORE the fill.

But, so far, I am OK. I think at this point I am AFRAID to test it. So I am eating well today, when I feel as though it isn't working, then I WILL go for another fill.

Patience, patience,

I am learning the art of patience as well- trying to be patient in finding my sweet spot. Last fill was .4 which felt like nothing- the one before that was .75 and my first fill before that was 1.5... I go in next week for another... I hope it gets me closer. I keep wondering if they are getting any in there! :D I am sure they are but boy would it be nice to have some evidence.

I understand the panic thing. My second fill was IDENTICAL!

I had been bargain shopping for docs and found a blind fill for almost $200 cheaper. I went in for my fill and came out with what I thought was a fill.

No restriction at all, so I splurged for a fluoro fill and my band was empty.

Leak, right?

Panic.

My blind fill doc emptied my band but was never in the port (the second time) to give my fill back. Oops. I was only 2.5 hours away.

Sorry you are having fill issues, with luck, it is just a headache like mine.

now for the book answer... It can take up to two weeks to adjust to the new fill. Restriction MAY still sneak up on you. :D

I understand the panic thing. My second fill was IDENTICAL!

I had been bargain shopping for docs and found a blind fill for almost $200 cheaper. I went in for my fill and came out with what I thought was a fill.

No restriction at all, so I splurged for a fluoro fill and my band was empty.

Leak, right?

Panic.

My blind fill doc emptied my band but was never in the port (the second time) to give my fill back. Oops. I was only 2.5 hours away.

Sorry you are having fill issues, with luck, it is just a headache like mine.

now for the book answer... It can take up to two weeks to adjust to the new fill. Restriction MAY still sneak up on you. :D

thank you so much... that is interesting, if I get one more fill (my 4th, which should take me over 3 CC and am still where I am now, I am going to ask for a flouro fill... shoot, my insurance pays for this- I should ask them for a flouro fill now. It can't hurt to ask. :D

I love that restriction may sneak up on me... I WISH it would!!:biggrin1: