Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Something Scary happened, this morning. I sneezed! And my stomach rumbled and rolled for a good minute afterward. It was a soft sneeze, and I was able to catch myself for the brunt of it, but I'm kinda worried, now. Am I being too paranoid?

Hey NVGirl! Good to hear from ya! I'm still on clears with the exception of Atkins shakes, but I can barely finish one. I must sip SLOWLY in order to prevent the gas-type pain. Recovery's been nice to me, and I'm already able to bend slightly over to pick up things on the floor (except for paper -- that incurs a kicking contest). Grats on the report! That gas pain is a ...well you know. A pain!

Thank you guys for the clothing advise.. I'm going to head to Target tommarrow and get a few pairs of yoga capris (I'm normally a jeans girl)... they'll double as 'work out' clothes.. so I'm ok with investing money in them.. (Even though I was planning on not buying anything else in my current size)... Maybe I'll get a sundress or two as well.

Where do you find this product at?

I buy these Protein Bullets (42gr protein each; 2 = 84gr and 6.2 oz) and mix 2 in 16oz bottle add Water to top -- they count as clear liquid, don't taste bad when dilluted either. Each day your goal is to get this 16oz bottle in (you have meet your protein goal)-- then you can have anything else you desire that you are allowed.

go to: your local Vitamin Shoppe or http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...intsource=main or call them at 1-800-223-1216.

$29.99 for 12 of the 42 gram bullets -- I use 2 a day. I put the 2 of them in a 16oz water bottle - add water to the top and drink a third at B-L-D.

I have a coupon -- that the website didn't recognize but I called them and they did honor it -- "Save $10 on any purchase of $50 or more" promo code VSC-3123 -- received it from my doctor's office - it also is a "Supplement and Grocery list for Gastric Bypass Patients." (Feel free to use it as well!)

Let me know how this goes!

I have done this since coming home on the 4-9 and don't feel tired or anyother side effects -- I drink this 16oz then concentrate on getting additional 32oz plus of crystal light -- and such.

Gina

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Hello all:

Just wanted to wish all you mothers a "Happy Mother's Day"! Hope you have a FANTASTIC day! Remember, next year we will ALL be in such better health than we are today!

I buy these Protein Bullets (42gr protein each; 2 = 84gr and 6.2 oz) and mix 2 in 16oz bottle add Water to top -- they count as clear liquid, don't taste bad when dilluted either. Each day your goal is to get this 16oz bottle in (you have meet your protein goal)-- then you can have anything else you desire that you are allowed.

go to: your local Vitamin Shoppe or http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...intsource=main or call them at 1-800-223-1216.

$29.99 for 12 of the 42 gram bullets -- I use 2 a day. I put the 2 of them in a 16oz water bottle - add water to the top and drink a third at B-L-D.

I have a coupon -- that the website didn't recognize but I called them and they did honor it -- "Save $10 on any purchase of $50 or more" promo code VSC-3123 -- received it from my doctor's office - it also is a "Supplement and Grocery list for Gastric Bypass Patients." (Feel free to use it as well!)

Let me know how this goes!

I have done this since coming home on the 4-9 and don't feel tired or anyother side effects -- I drink this 16oz then concentrate on getting additional 32oz plus of crystal light -- and such.

Gina

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Thanks so much Gina I'm going to go on their wesite right now.

Hello everybody

I am planing to have lap band but I am so scare because I am only 32 bmi and I know I could try to lose weight but I rather have lap band. what you all think? was anyone with my BMI 32?

Marcia

HI there, so I am going to be starting with a low bmi and I totally understand how you are thinking. YOu can either put everything into loosing 5 maybe 10 pds. just to eventually put it back on. Or do this life changing thing that will be there to help you forever be a healthy weight. I really went the rounds with weather or not to do it, but I am going in on the 25th of this month and feel so great about my desision:) I dont know if this helps your desision at all but like I told my husband, I can either get control of my weight now or just wait and continue to gradually get larger with my poor eating habits, I needed somthing that forces me to learn a new lifestyle. Let us know what you decide.

My surgery is on May 24. If possible, can you add me to the calendar? Thanks!!

I get banded on the 15th, it's getting so close now and I'm getting really nervous and excited all at once. If I ever had any doubts about this surgery they were all pushed out of my mind in the last 2 weekends! Last weekend I had a family reunion where I saw people that I havent seen since I was 20 and weighed 128 pounds and now I KNOW I have to have the surgery because I NEVER want to hear another person whisper "Wow! Cara's gotten so heavy !" or see another shocked expression!:think

This Friday I was my neices sponsor for her confirmation and had to get up in front of the whole church. As I sat waiting for the service to start I sat desperately looking for someone else who was just as fat as me but only saw pretty, thin girls with short dresses on. :tired I was the ONLY heavy person in the whole church!

Then I went to a Rod Stewart concert :biggrin1: and had to squish myself into those stadium seats with my arms barely fitting between the people sitting next to me.:paranoid How uncomfortable and embarassing! (It was worth it though)

I am now SO ready for this surgery and can't wait to be on my way to a healthier, skinnier me. I NEVER want to have to feel the way I have these past 2 weekends again- EVER so I know that I'm going to do my best and succeed!

It's so nice to be able to come here and read everyone's posts and know that I'm not alone!! I'm so excited to be a part of the A-May-zing group!

I still get scared when I look at my 3 little girls and worry that you just never know what can happen but I'm trying to just think that everything will go fine and I'll be home again Tuesday afternoon with my girls and my husband! Has anyone heard of someone being banded having problems with the anesthesia?? Thats my biggest fear! Thanks for listening and good luck to everyone!

My surgery is on May 24. If possible, can you add me to the calendar? Thanks!!

deb,

You've been on the calendar since you posted a message earlier this week!

Glad you are with us in May!

Cheers,

NimbleBean

Has anyone heard of someone being banded having problems with the anesthesia?? Thats my biggest fear! Thanks for listening and good luck to everyone!

Problems w/ anesthesia can happen w/ any operation, so you should just put that out of your mind. I bet the odds of you having a stroke or heart attack due to being overweight are greater than the odds of anything happening to you under anesthesia. My doctor told me this was the easiest surgery you could have! And just think how proud your girls will be of you!!!

I usually come out of anesthesia completely, horribly nauseated! I discussed this with my anesthesiologist before hand, and they gave me a sea sickness patch behind my ear. It worked! I was shocked. I was not nauseated at all. They told me to leave it on for 3 days to prevent any nausea. I'm gonna make sure to have one of these around if I ever have surgery again.

That's a great tip for nausea. I had my thyroid removed one year ago, throwing up in recovery and continued while wheeling me to my room & beyond. More than a little painful with a 5" incision across my neck. I will definitly ask Doc about patch!