Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I guess not. I post things and just feel like I am talking to myself unless I send PM's. Just wanted to make sure I was posting correctly.

Hi Ragdoll. I see you. Happens to me, too. I just think there are so many of us that when you finish reading some of the posts, it seems like I've forgotten to write to one I had meant to.

Sorry, it's def not intentional.

Cindy

What are you guys WEARING post op?? I read a few threads were people said they were very swollen for up to 5 weeks post-op.... Are you able to fit in your old (or even better... SMALLER) clothing?? How bad is the swelling?? Does it look like you've actually GAINED weight?? Thanks

Was banded on Tuesday and was able to wear my (loose)jeans on Friday to school. My stomach is still a little swollen but not that bad. My port is just above my belly button so I don't wear anything that hits at my waist. That incision does not hurt, but is tender. I find that the swelling changes if you are walking around for awhile or resting. Good luck to you!

clear liquids... GRRR...

i'm struggling... i really am.

Lots of crystal light and sugar free ice pops..

i also used one of those little packets of seasoning that comes with the pack of ramen noodles... threw the noodles away and just dummped the packet into the boiling water... its some kind of spicy chicken flavor.. not bad.. if i close my eyes and pretend..it tastes kinda like a chicken taco.

any other ideas for the clear liquid diet?

Just checking in everyone....hope you all are doing great! I'm slowly but surely getting back to my old self (well, my new, old self!) My port incision is still really the only one that bothers me. I'm back to picking up my kids and they are very happy about that:) It was pretty rough not being able to pick them up for a week. I am already so happy with what my band does for me. I love not being hungry!!!!!!! Good luck to everyone who has surgery coming up this week!

I was banded on 5/8, and I've been wearing elastic waisted pants at home and loose tops. Luckily, I work in the medical field and can wear scrubs- feels just like I'm in my pajamas! My main problem now seems to be that one of my incisions is where the bottom of my bra hits. It tends to rub against it. I got lucky and my doctor used glue instead of stitches or staples, but it still irritates.

And the gas......OMG! It's been horrible! walking and heating pad only help for a little while, then it comes back FULL FORCE! Any suggestions?

Tami

Hi Ya'll

I'm doing it again. Nesting syndrome before the new baby, I mean new band, gets here. I was just at Wal-mart stocking up on more things I might "need" and found the coolest thing. I've seen where lots of people on this forum have sworn by their magic bullet blender for the liquid stage. After I did some research, I found they are $60 and have had some bad reviews (cheaply made, breaks, leaks). Well low and behold I found an accessory smoothie maker cup that attaches to my 20 year old Oster blender! It fits most Oster blenders and it turns into a travel mug, just like the bullet, same easy clean up as the bullet and all for $12. Hey, I might spring for an extra! I also like that my blender has a stronger motor than the bullet and it's one less gadget to own!

:) I just wanted to give everyone an update. I was banded yesterday and everything is going well. I was in the hospital overnight because there was some swelling around the band and the doc wanted to keep me on iv fluids until he was sure I'd be able to keep Water down. No vomiting and just a little nausea. Thank god for pain meds. I was in a lot of pain when I first woke but it's managable now. Been pretty sleepy though and plan to go back to bed soon. I'm not really hungry and just had a 1/2 cup broth and feel full off of that. Otherwise the doc said that I was really easy to band and pretty routine on all fronts.:D Hope everyone is doing well and I will give more updates later.

Hey is it too late to join the May banders? I was banded on May 4th in Dayton OH. This last week was pretty darn rough but things have seemed to turn around these last two days. Good luck to all that are on this jounrey. Keeping you in my thoughts!

PS: I cant be held accountable for spelling errors :)

Susan

Hey Tami I too had horrible gas pains and what I learned was walk walk walk. I know its not what you might want to hear but that is what really does it. The other thing is to knell on the floor with your chest supported by a pillow...your butt up in the air. Watch what you are "eating". I found that I was getting more gas by drinking Crystal Light. Also was using a sports bottle that I think has kind of the same effect as if I was using a straw. So gave those two things up. Remember: This too shall pass! Hang in there.

Susan

clear liquids... GRRR...

i'm struggling... i really am.

Lots of crystal light and sugar free ice pops..

i also used one of those little packets of seasoning that comes with the pack of ramen noodles... threw the noodles away and just dummped the packet into the boiling water... its some kind of spicy chicken flavor.. not bad.. if i close my eyes and pretend..it tastes kinda like a chicken taco.

any other ideas for the clear liquid diet?

I used IDS New Whey Protein (42grams) bullets (3.1 oz)-- comes in fruit Punch, Orange and grape. I took 2 (totals 84 grams protein) and mixed with 10 oz of Water -- and was sure to drink that each day to get my protein in -- works well. They are a little pricey - $2.99 each - so $6 day)

Our bodies need Protein to heal faster!

I also took the water I drained off (Solid White Albacure packed in water) tuna for my husband - and drank that -- wow did that taste good -- I would have never drank that before this!

Best wishes!

Gina

I used IDS New whey Protein (42grams) bullets (3.1 oz)-- comes in fruit Punch, Orange and grape. I took 2 (totals 84 grams protein) and mixed with 10 oz of Water -- and was sure to drink that each day to get my protein in -- works well. They are a little pricey - $2.99 each - so $6 day)

Our bodies need Protein to heal faster!

I also took the water I drained off (Solid White Albacure packed in water) tuna for my husband - and drank that -- wow did that taste good -- I would have never drank that before this!

Best wishes!

Gina

Where do you find this product at?

Hi everybody I hope everyone feeling fine today. I just wanted to share that I weighed myself today of couriosity. I was so exited I have lost 21lbs so far.:clap2: This was just the encouragement I needed to keep going at this full force. Thanks everyone on this thread. You guys help so much:D

zHey ragdoll! Marsden was almost my surgeon, but I got switched to Felts -- and he did a great job :) I'm curious to hear how Marsden did for ya.

Hi Guys -

Just wanted to check in. I was banded on Monday and I gotta tell you, this surgery kicked my ass! I've had several laproscopic surgeries before, always came through just fine, no gas, no pain. Not this time! :)

Tuesday and Wednesday were the worst, with the pain and nausea. Feeling better now, just have a very low energy level. Got out of the house for a few hours today and almost passed out in Eddie Bauer!

Hunger is minimal. I've been living on yogurt, Soup, thinned mashed potatoes and Water. It's so weird to me to not be hungry, or to be full before I'm even done eating! I'll start back on some protien shakes next week.

My best to everyone, pre and post banding!