Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hi y'all,

This is Mini, do you remember me? I think it's been over a year since I posted! A lot happened at the end of 2008. I met someone really special and I got married in Jan 2009! I like to think that the band was the start of my new life. Losing the weight gave me the confidence to go onto a singles website and start dating. Good thing is I didn't have to date anyone, He is the first one I met in person and we fell in love. I told him all about the band right away and he is very supportive. Anytime something gets stuck, he pats my back like he is burping me. On our wedding day I weighed 169lbs. Now I've put on a few and am in the one seventies still. But I am wearing 11's or medium bottoms and a large top (still have that chest to deal with). But, I feel like I look good and my health is great. I tried to get on track a couple of weeks ago and went and got a fill. Well it was too tight and I ended up in the ER. They unfilled it. Oh my gosh. I could eat anything..scared the pee out of me. So two days ago I went and they filled me back to my 3.25. I am back on track.

Blessings all, Weezy

Hi everyone,

Just stopping in to wish everyone a happy anniversary. Although I didn't reach my ulitimate goal as of yet, I, as of yesterday(which is actually my 2 yr anniv), weigh less than I can EVER remember weighing...and that was in grade school and I was under 5'!!!!

I have more exciting news. I have met the man that I have waited for all my long life. We are engaged and will be married Feb 14th, 2010. His last name is Valentine ;)

I had totally given up on finding the right man for me after marrying the wrong ones 4X(alcoholics) and was devoting myself to my career and family....it is true, when you stop looking, there they are!

Anyway, again, happy anniversary to one and all!

Macy'sgranny1

How exciting! Another wedding. I had given up on meeting the right man too! I was just looking to date! Isn't it funny how it really does work out when you give up!

Congrads to you. Hope you'll be as happy as I am!

Weezy

Hello all,

It has been a while since I have posted....I do check in every so often and try to catch up. Here is my story....I feel like a failure because our 25th anniversary is coming and 2 years ago I pictured myself as a size 2 by now!! I lost 65 lbs and hoped to lose about 40 more but instead I gained back about 15!! I remember reading this type of story when I was a newbie and thought....how could that person do this, I WILL NEVER DO THAT and here I am, confessing to my fellow bandsters!

Well I am going for a fill tomorrow, first one in over a year. I am going to get back to basics and exercise more than once a week!

Good Luck to you all....it is really great that we are all still here to support each other. I really think that I lost focus when I stopped checking this site!

Cheers

Metalband, hang in there....I hit a wall at one point too...we tend to be way too hard on ourselves. I went way too long without a fill because I thought I should have learned enough by now to do it on my own....why would I think that when I am 58 and have struggled since I was a child? I got the band for a reason and it is alright for me to rely on it...you can do this!!

Thanks so much...you nailed it! I have been saying the same thing and you are right....I got the band because I couldn't do it on my own. Some old habits die hard. We beat ourselves up too much!

Hey Metalband,

Hey I had an awaking about a month ago. I was where you are. My 2 year ann of having the band was approaching and I still had a ways to go. I had not only not lost any weight in the past year but I had put on an additional 5 pounds. Heck, I was so mad at myself. Like you I had read the post about people who had done this and like you I said "Never ME". SOOOO, I started by getting a fill, had not had one in over 9 months. I am going to support meetings again. And have recommitted to completing this, with the knowledge that there is not end to this, it is for the rest of my life. Like all of the other diets I have been on in the past I was great for a time and some weight came off, and then I would get tired, tired of eating right, tired of exercising, tired of doing without. So I has been one month, I have lost 12 lbs and I am excited again.

But I have to give the credit to a good friend of mine who just got the band in March. She asked me for advice, used the same doctor I used and asked me to go to support meetings with her. And she told everyone that I was her biggest support and encouragement. SO, now I have to live up to it. That helped me get recommitted. Sometimes when we are tired and feel like we are alone in this fight. That is when it is time to reach out. Remember how helpful it was to check in here each day and talk to everyone. I know I needed it, and still do.

Good Luck

Laura

Laura...12 pounds!! That is great, you just gave me hope! Your friend is so lucky to have you for support (and you as well). I do agree that checking in here will give me some of the support that I need.

I have never told anyone except for hubby and kids about the band and it does get sort of isolating when you cannot share.

Best of luck to you and your friend....my fill is today and hopefully that will help.

Cheers

Laura, Congratulations. 12 lbs at this point is a huge accomplishment.

Metalband, I was the same way. And I hadn't told anyone except my immediate family too. Now I am to the point that I don't care. I just open my mouth and the fact that I have the band just comes out. I'm not ashamed anymore. I think I know now that it saved my life and yes, I needed the help of the band to do it. But, I did take the step to get the band & I am so glad I did.

Hang in there girls...and the few guys- we will get to our goals in time, I know we will. :-)

Hey Metal & Tami;

I did'nt tell anyone except my DH and one of my sisters. The friend that just had her surgery guess I had the band. We were out to eat with her and her husband and I ordered Water to drink and then when the food came I set my drink to the side. There was Pasta on my plate and I ate the chicken, and very little of it. We go to church together, they knew when I had my surgery and were told just that I was having some kind of medical procedure done. She had been doing alot of research on the band, and was looking into having the surger herself. So she noticed my eating habits, and had seen that I had been loosing weight. She leaned over and asked me..."Laura did you get the lab-band" I could not lie. Then she started laughing, she told me that one of our other friends (who thinks she know it all) told her that I had Hemorrhoid surgery. LOL She then started asking me all kinds of questions and told me that she was looing into it for herself. I asked her not to tell anyone, and so far she has not as far as I know.

Take care all,

Laura

Thanks Tami...I need all the encouragement I can get! Still not sure about telling people yet. Maybe when I hit goal.

Laura, what a great story....so much for miss know it all.

I never did get the fill last week. The doc wants to do a flouro to see whats going on because I mentioned some night time heart burn. Of course now that I made the appt it has not happened in two days. Just being on here and going to the doc has put me back on track.

Happy Long Weekend

Okay I am bummed....I went 3 weeks ago for a fill. Well all went well.... normal day of liquids, then mushies. All seemed to be going well. I was so very happy to see the scales moving again. Well, last week was a very stressful week at work, crazy crazy. And my In-Laws came in from out of town. We went out to each for lunch Saturady and I was eating a salad. Well it got stuck. And I have been having trouble ever since. Have stayed liquids ever since and having trouble keeping them down. Called doc, going in tomorow. Will see what he wants to do. Hope just a slight unfill, not a total. But ready for some relief either way. And sure do not want slippage problems.

Wish me luck,

Laura

Laura,

What size band do you have. How many cc's are in it?

Mini

Mini,

I have the 4cc band. Before my last fill I had 3.4 in it, he filled me to 3.8. Today he backed me down to 3.6. Feel so much better. It is amazing just what taking out .2 cc will do. I am just glad that he did not think it was necessary to do a total unfill. whew....