Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Rox thats just amazing. You must feel so fantastic! You look GREAT.

I know I posted this on the before/after thread too but I like to share with you guys directly.

2046719637_6e37f24200.jpg

Thanks Liz, I do feel totally different!

Hi twinmommy - I celebrated my 6 mo. band anniversary by shopping at the Supreme outlets up north of Everett and hitting the one day Macys sale with an extra 20% off the entire day. My best deal of the day was a Ralf Lauren jean jacket, original price of $139.00, after sale and discounts was $8.00! size 16 regular and it buttons closed. I'm feeling good about life! I think my goal is to make it through the holidays without gaining weight and then getting serious about getting the next 20 pounds off. This just isn't the time of year to be trying to do that with all the crazyness off the holidays. Gotta go walk on the treadmill. . .bye!

What an awesome picture... do you know what I was thinking when I was looking at it... I didn't take pictures of before... my doctor did... but I didn't. You started out a little smaller than me... and you're still smaller than me... (started at 287... 218 now)... but, I was sitting there thinking... my god... look at the difference... I wonder if mine would show that too? I know I've gone from a 3x (almost not fitting in that) to a 1x or even a large... I really should have done this!

hmmm I don't know why I never posted in here. Just wanted to jump in and say that us May 07 bandster's ROCK ! Keep up the loosing !

Hello Everyone,

I have not been posting much, but I have been reading and checking in on all of you guys. I have to admit that the reason I have not been posting is because I have not been doing very well. Why is that when I am not "behaving" it is hard to come here and talk about it? When I know, that it is just what I should be doing. I have had alot of job and family stress the past month. I eat when I am stressed. I have not gain any weight (thanks to my band) but I have not lost anything. Ice Cream is my biggest down fall. I am dreading the holidays this year. My Mom died last year on Dec 27 and this will be my first holiday season without her. Just makes me a little sad. So I eat when I am sad. So it has not been good for me, I have not learned new way of dealing with things besides turning to food.

What are some of the things you guys have found that help? walking, talking to a friend etc. "HELP ME"

I have committed today to get back on track. I did not get this band to fail. I can do this. And, I do need you guy to help me. I have called the Doc and made an appointment for another fill, I can eat way to much and get hungry about an hour after eating. They cant get me in until Dec. 7th. I am going to the support meeting next Thursday and I am going to post here everyday, even if it is just to say HOWDY.

Just want to say, I love my band, and I love this place.

Laura

First... you are NOT a failure. You said you know you've been cheating... but, you haven't gained any weight. Personally, I think that's huge. I used to gain about 15 pounds a year. Just NOT gaining is a wonderful thing to experience. From your ticker I can see that you lost 51 pounds. That's HUGE!!!!!

Stop thinking you are a failure... you're NOT. You did slip... but, you are on the right track. We can't beat ourselves up every time we don't lost weight. Just say... I blew it... I didn't gain... but, if I don't eat the ice cream, and I go for a walk... I WILL get on track again. I've made an appointment... I will get this adjusted...We are not in a sprint race... it's a life race.

For me... I do have a hard time resisting sweets... they go down so easy. BUT, I try to make sure I treat myself well... go for an hour hike (yes, I have to do hills to get the workout) and know that I am making an improvement, even if the scale doesn't show it! Keep up the positive attitude.

As for your loss, there is no way to combat that... you have to accept what you can't change... change what you can... and NEVER beat yourself up! ;)

Laura, I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all of these issues. Many people have these feelings around the holidays and with the anniversary date of your Mother being so close to them I can imagine it is all that much harder for you.

The things I have found to help with head and emotional hunger are to evaluate why I am wanting to eat something. If its because I just want to put something in my mouth because I am bored I will chew gum or drink a bunch of Water. If I am upset about something I ask myself if eating whatever it is will really make me feel better? I must sound crazy for talking to myself about WHY I am eating stuff but it seems to help me. I know when I dont do this and go ahead and eat whatever I feel even worse and hear the old me saying tomorrow I will start fresh. There arent enough tomorrows for me to slip back into that again. That being said we all fall off the wagon and have to pull ourselves up and carry on.

If you find you just have to eat for whatever reason and you know you arent really hungry pick something good for you... lunch meats are a good snack, the Curves granola bars, anything that after you eat it you will be okay for a while. I also work out a lot which makes that ice cream that used to look so good seem like a huge waste of my time. How can I eat a bunch of that when I get home from the gym? Its pointless! Get your fill so this will be that much easier. You can do this!

THANKS Guys for everything

BIG Hugs (((( )))))

Together we will make it, right!!!

Hello all... I have some pics!!! Rather than post the ones from the family (there are hundreds...) here is the link from the photographer...

http://rishellsorders.com/

click on view your images & ordering

go to "melissa and indy" 11/10/07

password: images

enjoy!! and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Melissa!

Stunning, spectacular! Thank you a million times over for sending these special pictures. You have beautiful friends and family. You were a stunning bride! I am so happy for you!

I feel like a proud parent!

Blessings! Weazer

Melissa...simply stunning! You are one beautiful bride...congrats on your big day and also all the hard work you have done with the band!

What a gorgeous, happy couple! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. You both look radiant.