Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Sandra, OMG I was only away from the PC for 2-3 days and I read of all your problems. I was taking care of my sister for the last couple of days. She had RNY last Thursday and is on the mend.

I hope you are feeling better now. I'm worried reading about your back and kidney problem. I hope your OK. I want you to know you have been a big help to me, answering all my questions and such. You be careful and take good care of yourself. Your Great and we need you on this site. so don't fret the weight will be ok and you'll be on the melting side again soon. I will pray for your health.

Sheila

Oh crum bum! I just did my monthly weigh in. I was so hoping for 10 pds. I only lost 4! Granted I did blow it a few times....but, not that bad! will I ever get out of the 190's? I have never had this much trouble getting into the 180's. That's usually when I get tired of dieting and start to gain the weight back. Boy, old age sucks! O.k. now that I've whined, I will move on and not let it distress me. I will be in the 180's on Dec. 1rst! That will be my Christmas presant to myself!

Positive attitude, Positive attitude...I love myself I love myself!

Blessings and have a beautiful day!

Weazer

Sandra, Are you kidding me? After they told you your options of a 4, 6 or 20, then had the nerve to tell you that? She would have better off to not say anythin, my goodness. Oh well, it's done. Just think how great you will look in feel in that dress once it is finished. A new beautiful you (and you were beautiful before you even started)!

Cindy

Okay so I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time in a month. UGHHHHHHH! I am paying for it today. I am trying to get back on the bandwagon! It is hard. I want to be under 200 by Christmas. I know if I could stay away from the soft easy foods I could do it. The last fill is kicking my B*tt. Off to the gym!

Well I am feeling great! I am drinking tons of water...but I have unleased a wild animal!!!! I am sooooo hungry!!!! I keep telling myself it "head hunger"....but NO.....my tummy is making all kinds of noises!!! I am trying to keep to my routine. Protein Shake in the a.m.....25 oz of Water, lunch (beans,tuna or anything protein) just a cup though...then another 25 oz of H20...then for dinner another Protein shake. It is 11 a.m. right now and I have been waiting for lunch since 8 am!!! Well God help....please keep me in your prayers because I feel like I could eat a house right now!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/177c/165g

Oh Sandra, you can do it, I know you can. Just try to keep busy. Gosh I feel for you though. But it won't be for long and you will hopefully get a fill again, is that right? I'll keep my fingers crossed.

cindy

Well I am feeling great! I am drinking tons of water...but I have unleased a wild animal!!!! I am sooooo hungry!!!! I keep telling myself it "head hunger"....but NO.....my tummy is making all kinds of noises!!! I am trying to keep to my routine. Protein Shake in the a.m.....25 oz of Water, lunch (beans,tuna or anything protein) just a cup though...then another 25 oz of H20...then for dinner another Protein shake. It is 11 a.m. right now and I have been waiting for lunch since 8 am!!! Well God help....please keep me in your prayers because I feel like I could eat a house right now!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/177c/165g

I SOOOO FEEL YOU Sandra!!!! The thing that I am most dissapointed about with my band is I thought the hunger was going to go from 100% to 10% and it has not. I was told by my brother that had bypass that hunger is a head thing not a body thing and didn't understand him until I realized how much of an emotional eater I was. The thing we have now with our great tool is that even though we feel we could eat a house WE CAN'T!!! This was me last night. I was craving chips so bad so thought to myself I will just make some. So heated up the oil and threw in some corn tortilla slices and made a batch of chips. We then I started to shovel them into my mouth and after about 5 started to hurt. I then ended up in the bathroom and had to PB the chips and salsa up......NOT FUN> So then my brain shut off the hunger monitor and felt like crap so wasn't hungry anymore. I still want to eat a house but cannot and forget I cannot until I am in pain from trying. That is the best thing about our tool as when you have the correct fill you can't be your old self and overeat........emotional eat............you have to stick to your rules and it makes the difference to pack the weight back on or stop the weight loss. My girlfriend that had turned me onto the band had told me she never felt hungry and had to force herself to eat. There is a lot of us that still have the stomach rumble but if you snack on a south beach granola bar high in protein it will help your brain shift your thoughts to something else. Keeping busy is the key. I notice I still get the munchies when I am bored so directing your energy to something else really does help. We know what your feeling!!!!!! DARN HUNGER!!!

But we have this tool to help us not revert back to our old habits!!! LOVE THE BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:whoo:

Vikki,

I now what you mean girl!!!!!!! Even though I just ate a chopped beef baked potatoe and it was HUGE!! I didnt eat the whole thing.....only because I ran out of sour cream!!!!LOL!!! I am going to go home and exersize and drink my Protein Shake for dinner. I feel like a bottomless pit!!!! I was full but I want to keep eating and actually I did. I am facing my demons right now......SELF CONTROL!!!! I dont have that......and right now with a unfilled band I can bearly get by without trying to eat every thing I see or smell. LORD HELP ME!!! I will go home and be good!!!!!!!

Sandra

I have been lurking just not much to say! Sandra I am glad you are feeling better, letting your body get back to normal is way more important than weight loss right now. This is only a small period of time in the scheme of things and you will get back on track. It sure isnt a free ticket to eat everything you want though because that you will regret later! Youre doing fabulous though, keep it up!

My daughters doctor wants to wait 3 more weeks to see if her ears will correct themselves before we do surgery again. I am a little irritated by this because she has a history of her ears not doing it on their own, but he went to Med school not me!

I am doing good. candy has been a huge battle for me this week, I think I need to drink more during the day so it wont be sooo tempting. I am still hitting the gym hard and am pretty proud of how far I have come in there. I have been doing heavy legs on Saturday's and really look forward to it.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

rag, what is 'heavylegs'?

rag, what is 'heavylegs'?

Heavy leg weights. Generally squats and other weight related exercises. I have been increasing the amount of weight I am doing.

Ragdoll.... good luck with your daughter. I hope the doctor is right and she will not need the surgery but its been my experience that the Mom is always right!!! Keep us posted!

unfortunately ive been increasing the amount of weight my legs has to carry as well. :confused:

not too bad though. i'll be glad when im out of this funk and get back on track. last night i fell off again. Damn butterfingers.

I did 3 sets of 20 on the leg press at 425 lbs today! I am having so much fun in the gym now that my strength is increasing and I am lugging a lot less fat! NSV for me! WOO HOO!

That's great Ragdoll, keep up the good work. That's quite a lot of weight you are doing at the gym. Woo Hoo!!

Cindy