Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

yah...the plateau thing "sucks" (I hate it wen my kids say that)

I've been trying to be patient, knowing that eventually the scale will move, but I really am sick of it, makes me want to eat a bag of chips...but that was the old me. Sure was easy to feel great about myself when the scale was moving. I sure am glad this isn't the B4Band days, cause now is when I would have given up. I just need to gripe...thanks for letting me vent!

Just read my own signiture:

I can do ALL things...

I can do ALL things...

YES I CAN!!!

(just giving myself a pep talk!)

Sue,

I was just reading your first email and was focusing on the line at the bottom that says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I was thinking, I like this girl..then I read your very next post that was saying, I can do all things.....

That was a qwiniky dink! Must mean something though!

You can do it...but you don't have to do it alone!

Blessings, Weazer

Sue, I just sent you a PM. When you get a chance, take a look at it!

wenjea,

Wow your weight loss is great, I know what you mean about plateaus, I'm at the same place. But if you can ony do soft and mushies you sound like your too retricted. Then again I felt like that for a couple of weeks after my last fill but now I can eat anything again and in quanity. I go for a fill this Wednesday and have asked for a fluroscopy to see what the rate is of food leaving my stomach is supposidly the doctor can adjust your fill accordingly. I hope it works I'm bummed out right now and have been at at standstill for a month. Good Luck, Sheila

Good evening all...

I went shopping last night... still trying to find last minute summer items to take to Hawaii...and... I BOUGHT A SIZE 14 JEAN SHORTS...AND THEY FIT!!!! Hey.. I dont care if they are mis-sized.. they are 14's ..... I'll take it!! HAHA!!

WOO HOO Melissa that rocks! I have been buying quite a few 16's but came across some really cute 14's at Goodwill and thought what the heck, these will actually fit soon!

I gave away a bunch of my fat clothes to my girlfriend last week and it felt SO GOOD! It did make me feel a little uncomfortable and bad for my friend but it was such a fabulous feeling knowing I am NOT going to need those clothes again.

It seems like every month I go through a few WEEKS when my scale does not move at ALL. It is very frustrating but thankfully from tracking it I can see a pattern and know that since it didn't move for the last 10 days in the next 10 days it will likely go down quite a bit. I wish it were more consistent though because the lack of weight loss makes those chocolate candies at work look even more appealing. I HATE having a candy bowl at work I wish I could throw it away!

sue!!!!

oh my gosh you read my mind.

I read this board every day, but dont post a lot, mainly because these days im depressed as h#ll and i dont wanna bring anyone else down, especially if they are doing great!

But ive been blowing it recently. ive been watching my food carefully and the portions are slowly getting bigger. In this one week, husband brought home a lb of cookie dough (im the only one who eats it) and girlfreind took me for pie and coffee which turned into shepards pie and a slab of chocolate cake as big as my head.

Ordinarilly i dont let slips get to me so badly, but i live in northern maine and recently its been very cold, and we have one car working so ive stopped working out, taking walks, etc and basicly ive come home to cook, clean and eat.

The good news is that the band has at least kept me from gaining back too much and in two weeks ill be back in the glorious south with my bike, places to go and people to see. :mad: Im just holding out for that.

Now...the minute all that sinks in know that yesterday was one of the strangest days weve had up here. It climbed up to 77 degrees and people just went nuts! I grabbed my pie and coffee friend and we took the dogs to the park and ran all over. I LOVED It, it was BEAUTIFUL...and now today its back down cold again.

argh.

i dont KNOW if im ever going to lose this weight. At least, for the first time since starting this, i know clearly why for this month at least...

Ps: reg the cake: i just ate the frosting. i dont like chocolate cake. Now birthday cake rocks and i stay away from it. The cookie dough, tragicly, slides right through the band. I did look like a complete idiot though, taking a bite and walking around the house screaming about how i dont want this stuff brought in again.

You know...

An alcoholic, recovering, cant have one drink. They slip, yes that happens, but they cant allow themselves a drink. Theyve abused it and cant trust themselves with it. How does that work with food addiction? I KNOW i cant allow myself to have a "slice" of cookie dough. it just cant happen. Its all or none with me. Regarding the alcoholic reference: i once lived with a councelor for a place that administered antibuse. She talked about people coming in sick as h#ll because they STILL drank while on it, even though they knew what it would do. I feel like that person sitting there with a belly full of antibuse and throwing up gin. No one WANTS to get to this point.

I gotta go take some Vitamins, B12 and coffee and see if i can get out of this FUNK! at least enough for today.

I just wanted you to know that you arent alone in how you feel. I can certainly relate.

Dear Lizrbit,

Don't ever feel like you will bring us down. That's what we are here for. Support. It is easy to start down the wrong road of eating poorly again. I admit that last night I blew it too! I am an addict too. If it's in the house...I have a hard time not eating it. My daughter made a big pan of brownies the night before last. I did fine Sunday and didn't eat one...well, last night, after doing so good for a week...I fell off the wagon and ate about six of them with a big glass of milk. After they hit bottom I was in such pain. I even tried to make myself PB by drinking some Water real fast...that just felt like a marble and I pb'd but only the water. Finally after about two hours my stomach quit hurting. So we all have our moments or days of faliure. I have to go home tonight and face the brownies...and I intend to beat them little buguers tonight!

Hang in there. Maybe when you get back to the good old South, you will get back on track. Stay stong.

We care,

Blessings, Weazer

Hi All, I talked with my doctors office today and scheduled a fluoriscope for tomorrow. I'm excited. I will finially find out why I'm gaining instead of loosing. I found lately I can eat more than I should but still hungry after 3 hrs instead of the 5 I should be going for. Thanks for all the advice from all of you. I really love this site. You all too. Thanks, Sheila

Sheila Banded 05/29/07

THanks Mini!!!

i have NO doubt it will be better there! Thanks for relating. I am going to try it all again tomorrow. I have a small plan. Im going to try to hit the gym. i havent been in a while. Thirty on the treadmill, fifteen on the bike, twenty reps on some of the machines, then its POOL TIME, Sauna time, and Shower time...woohoo!

now if i can actually get my bottom OUT OF THE BED and OFF the "couch of perpetual lethargy" and really do it, ill be great.

ok, a little sad here. Nope, not really, a LOT sad here. Can't seem to drop weight lately. I got a fill two weeks ago, and haven't lost a pound. ERRRRRGGGGGG. Just needed to let off some frustration. Thanks for listening.

Cindy

Melissa look at you in the Size 14 shorts woo hoo!!. You must be getting so excited for your wedding. And Hawaii!! I went there on my honeymoon (24 years ago!!). It will be so much fun, and romantic. Just what you need for starting off your marriage after this hectic lap band journey!!! I am so happy for your success, you are doing awesome!!

Cindy