Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hello all, I've been catching up on my fellow May Bandsters. It's been quite some time since I was on the site. Well to make a long story short, I've been without a fill for almost 7 months and it's time to get back on the bandwagon. I had to get unfilled becuse my pouch had stretched due to 6 straight hours of throwing up while on vacation in Hawaii. Anyhow, I'm scheduled to get a fill on May 4th but I'm contemplating on getting it on April 21st. I gained 10 lbs. in the 7 months of being unfilled. I'm looking forward to having restriction again. My daughter is the driving force behind me jumping on the wagon again. We are planning her 16th birthday bash for September 2010 and I want to SIZZLE. She's only known me as a HEAVY person and I want to be HEALTHY for her. I want her to be proud of me and to know that I can accomplish and succeed at what I set out to do. I'm sick and tired of failing on this weight journey. Anyhow, I'll let y'll know how my first fill goes.

Congrats to all of you are who are doing well and staying the course. I'm in AWE of you! :thumbup:

Hi all!

I have not been on in quite sometime. In Sept. I started having some medical issues (joint pain on different areas). After lots of dr. visits and money, I have been diagnosed with RA. Needless to say I have been on steroids since October (gained 25lbs). We are starting to gradually take me off of them. I need to go get a fill, I really need to just stay away from the sweets. I still can not eat much food, but because of that I eat sweets. I am retaining a ton of Water. My dr. says that when I am totally off of the steroid, most of the weight will come right off. Meanwhile all my cute summer clothes don't fit........

Welcome back Twinmommy. Sorry to hear about your RA, I'm sure the pain is unbearable. I'll be praying for healing for you! That darn sweet tooth gets us all the time. That's my weakness too. I wish you the best of luck while you complete your journey to a healthier you. Keep us posted and have a blessed day.

Twinn Mommy, Good to have you back. Sorry to hear about the RA. We are here for ya!!!

Sandra

OK, nearing the 2 year mark guys! Has anyone needed a slight unfill? I went to the Dr last week because I felt like something was stuck for about a week or so. Thought he'd unfil it, let me drink Water to flush it out, then fill me back up. At that point he told me that the "2 year" mark is usually when they need to unfill a bit due to scar tissue build-up. So, he took out about 1/2cc. I do feel better, and the bit of heartburn I had been experiencing is also gone. But now I feel like I am eating a lot more- maybe it's in my head. I'm gonna give it a week or 2 and if I start gaining, I'm going back! lol.

Has anyone else noticed a tightening as you approach the "2 year mark"?

Edited by Tamjpjb
misspelling

The pain is managed now. I caught it early. We are aggressive with the medication and praying for healing. There is a 10% chance of total healing within 2 years (not that my God deals with percentages). It has been a faith builder! Prais the Lord though, I have had a really good month!

I had a fill in January and am still so tight I can't eat until 1 or 2 and still can only eat less than a cup.....maybe it is the 2 yr mark! Glad to see everyone is still hanging in there!

Be careful. There is nothing worse then being too tight. I had to get unfilled completly in June 2008 due ti slippage. The slip was caused by being too tight. They SLOWLY started to refill in October and I am just now feeling restriction again. I feel I lost almost a year of weoght loss due to not adressing the tight band issue right away.

So I am stuck again. I am sitting pretty at 226. I am not going to complane about it though...because I know this happens. I will continue to do my part and hopefully the scale will move again soon!! I am not 265 so that makes me happy.

Hey All...

It is so good to see each of you checking in and sharing your trial, successes and issues. I have missed everyone, but like alot of you I have been busy and, well just became set in my ways. I have not lost very much this past year. I blame it on, first of all ME, second of all ME, and then I place a small amount of blame on having to get a sligh un fill due to some acid reflux issues. I just became distracted by everything and lost focus. I receive complements and in a size 8 pants. I feel real good about myself. Until I realize that I am sill overweight and I did not get this band to stay overweight. Do any of you find you are just tired of always having to worry about losing weight and watching what you eat all the time? I wish I did not have to, boo hoo, it is just not fare. OK, now that I have my pity party out of my system........ I have been try to get refocused. I am going to to check in here once a day, like I used too, and get the rest of this weight off.

I will be here for you all and I sure need you guys.

Laura

LauraP-

That sounds like a plan.....I'm gonna try to check in daily as well. I need to get motivated again and I hope this will do it. I have my 20 year reunion in July and I wanna be AT LEAST another size down. I'm not so much looking at the number on the scale, just the number on the tag. I'm in a 10 now, but I'd like to get into the single digits. Lets motivate eachother to get back on track!

Hey Tami -

So you have the dreaded 20th reunion coming up in July. Now that should help you get focused. You can do it. My motivation at this time is very selfish... I want a Tummy Tuck. I have told myself I could not get one unless I reach my goal weight. (My bell looks like a very fat child pouting, with there bottom lip sticking out, not pretty). I have went to a plastic surgon and has my first consultation. I am working on saving the money and loosing these last 18 pounds. My target is to have it late July or early Aug.

So one day at a time. My biggest problem is my addiction to ice cream. I just cannot have it in the house. I tell myself "I'm just gonna have a small scoop". And I do, but I go back 10 time for just one more small scoop. Before I know it I have eaten the whole half gallon. I am an emotional/stress eater, and it is the one thing I can eat alot of, and I just love it. So I am on the ice cream wagon. It is like crack cocane to me.....

Later,

Laura

After a 7 month hiatus and recomital to my band lifestyle, I'm now seeing results again. It's been exactly one week since I had a fill and I'm down 2 lbs. Whoot Whoot! On another note, I had a NSV as well. While taking a shower this morning, I noticed that I had a bicep. I'm excited to see results from my bootcamp class. Never in a million years would I have thought there would be muscle underneath ALL this FAT! I was in such amazement. Cant wait for the new session to start again next week.

Hey all,

Have not checked in for a few day. We went camping last week and had a blast, did okay on the food. I am scheduled for a fill on the 4th and looking forward to it. I am struggling with hunger in the afternoon and evening. So hope the fill helps. I so want year 3 to be the best year yet.

Laura

Frack this noise

For the past week or so I've had a lot of food issues. No matter what I ate, it got stuck, and most of it came back up. That sort of thing feeds on itself -- the more you vomit, the more the stoma gets inflamed and the tighter you get. Bad news.

I went to liquids to try to calm the body, but then even that wouldn't stay down. An emergency call to my band doc this morning got me under a fluoroscope this afternoon.

Unfortunately, the problem became clear as soon as I took that first sip of barium. We'd seen THIS picture before back in February 08. Part of the stomach has prolapsed up through the band, and again I have an undesired extra pouch.

So here I am with yet another slip.

Doc's office is talking to the the folks at United Health Care about where we go from here. Thank goodness I picked up the extra COBRA coverage, even if it -is- $500/month. It's going to pay for itself Real Soon Now.

Doc says there's a new variant of the band that will correct this. He also suggested thinking about removing the thing entirely, since I've been basically stable now for over a year.

Decisions, decisions. I really don't need this now.