Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on 3/13. Is anyone having trouble sleeping in their bed. I was so uncomfortable last night in my bed due to gad and discomfort. I've been walking and trying to move around. My stomach ares and left boob hurts.ive tried putting heating pad on my back. What can I do? I want to lay down but I feel like I'm pulling something when I get up.

I was banded on 3/13. Is anyone having trouble sleeping in their bed. I was so uncomfortable last night in my bed due to gad and discomfort. I've been walking and trying to move around. My stomach ares and left boob hurts.ive tried putting heating pad on my back. What can I do? I want to lay down but I feel like I'm pulling something when I get up.

Congrats on the band!! I had to sleep in a recliner for the first 4 nights. The abdominal pain while trying to get up was just too much to lay down. I didn't have much gas pains so the gasx tablets worked pretty good for me.

Thanks Amy. I wish I had a recliner. I'm trying to manage without the pain meds. I've only taken it 3 times. I just hope I'm better to go back to work on Monday

Congrats. I literally would roll off the couch into the floor and then get up. Boy the husband laughed at me. I wish I had more advice to give but I haven't had any pain at all. Hope things get better soon.

Hi Lapper, hope you're feeling better! Those first couple of days can be hard -- finding a good position, etc. Some people find relief by rolling on to the left side, and there is the "happy baby" yoga pose on the back with arms and legs up, like a baby. Of course you have to be able to get on the bed for this, but if you're there anyway.... I also had to roll off the couch at first but this all changed very quickly. Hope this is your turn around day! The walking really really helps with everything, including digestion and releasing any trapped gas causing pain. You may need to take something for the Constipation. Pain meds are notoriously binding and your system is still adjusting post-op. You may want to call and talk to some one in your surgeon's office for a recommendation. I used Milk of Magnesia and finally "went" on day four or five. It was a little violent, but boy did I feel better after. Drink lots of Water, etc. Let us know how you're doing! Congratulations on your newly-banded life. I am just four months out and so happy. Plus I can barely recall those first few days so there's that, will soon be a distant memory.

Lapper, I'm banded 3/13 as well. Still have collarbone pain around the left side. I use the body pillow that was always just for decoration on the bed before to hold against me when I get in and out of bed. I've been eating lots of Greek yogurt and shakes along with cream Soup, so probably getting more dairy than I'm used to. However, that gas that is passing is not what's hurting me. The trapped cavity gas around my collarbone is. I'm going to work Monday so I really hope it's much better by then. Every day is easier. I took a narcotic painkiller yesterday but won't do that today. Just liquid Tylenol. My pharmacist had to order it because I didn't want to pay big bucks for children's Tylenol. So I have five jugs of this liquid acetaminophen for arthritis pain that look hysterical sitting here. I drink 40ml at a time, every eight hours. Interestingly, my arthritis pain in my knees has been better this week, probably due to the weight I lost pre-op. Glad to have the Tylenol for the collarbone pain though, as well as a weird headache that comes and goes. My WLS coordinator nurse has me on the treadmill already, starting one day post-op. Fifteen minutes at 3mph no incline, adding one minute per day, building up to two miles after two months. I can't believe I did it yesterday but it actually felt kind of good. My daughter read aloud to me while I walked. LOL. Lapper, hang in there. We're going to soon be reaping the benefits of this just as soon as we finish healing.

Before you try to sit up, grab and hug a pillow tightly while you roll over and then up. Helps quite a bit. Good luck!

I have some collar bone gas also. I am Clear Liquids for a week. I can't start eating yogurts and shakes until week 2. I'm going to go and get liquid Tylenol and more gas x. I think re other pain reliever is wrong. I went had pedicure and that beating from the massage chair felt so good and helped loosen some of it

Post op day 4. Back at work :(. I think I should have stayed at home. What tops it off my menstrual cycle started yesterday and I'm miserable. I'm having back pains and can't sit for long periods. Just not comfortable and so not interested in drinking or eating

Ugh, bad timing on the period. Hope you can get some good rest at home soon! Just think, next month this will be a distant memory. And next year.......keep your eyes on the prize and the prize is a healthy you!

Lapper, I'm back too and was also banded four days ago. Feeling a little "odd" but no pain. Sipping Water a lot. Got lots of questions about my two sick days but deflected them successfully. People just concerned, not nosy. I joked about hydration and getting healthy, and that kind of thing. I definitely think I was a lucky bander, since my pain is nearly gone and I slept pretty well all weekend. Stomach is grumbling and when I feel I need nutrition it hits fast. Glad I brought Atkins shakes and Jello to work. Lapper, hang in there, get up and walk a lot and hide out in the bathroom if you have to. That's where I am now. LOL.

Where I work is huge so I make myself get up and walk,walk and walk. I called the dr office and asked if I could wear something around my waist to hold it all together. Lol. Every time I sneeze and cough I'm holding everything in place. I realize that tonight when I get home I will be pooped. Pressing forward.