Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everything's a slider, if you drink while you eat.

I've seen quite a few posts asking what slider foods are. While we can all give a list of things that fall in that category for us or all bandsters, one point that goes overlooked is that you can make any food a slider if you drink with your meals - even doughy breads, sticky rice and potatoes. There are two main reasons not to eat with your meals: it flushes the food through your system faster and you can cause the liquid to take up space where an extra bite or two of lean Protein would be better suited. That being said, I understand what a chore it is to chew long enough make your food consumable but there is a reason for it and quite important in the grand scheme of things.

Ditto for the sleevers and by pass patients as well.....okay! The information here is good for anyone who has had WLS of any kind. :)

I'm trying so hard to not drink with my meals. After 32 years of doing it, it's hard to unlearn. But this forum helps. I could use the reminders.

I just last night went out to dinner with a friend and the first thing I did was order a drink. 2 sips into it and the meal arrives and I think "duh". I wasted a perfectly good white bordeaux. It's a learning process for all of us.

I am in the purre stage, and actually set the 20 minute reminder timing after I eat. Just to play it safe !

I am in the purre stage, and actually set the 20 minute reminder timing after I eat. Just to play it safe !

My doctor says you have to wait hour before and hour after! This seems over kill!

ONE HOUR!!!! That really sound a lot ! my doctor and my manual says 5 minitues before you eat and 20 minutes after.

The longer you wait to drink, the longer you stay full = more rapid weight loss. Just something to think about. If you can make it an hour, by all means do so.

My doctor says you have to wait hour before and hour after! This seems over kill!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches