Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

That's good that they owe you some money for a change. I think they will owe me some money too, if they ever get with the program and appeal my insurance. Anyway, I went in Wednesday for my 3rd fill. They didn't charge me anything for it. I don't know why, and I didn't ask. I didn't have any money to pay anyway. Dr Fromm did the fill. I waited forever, and I was the only one there. Everytime I go, I wait at least an hour.

You are right about Johnna, she has lost a lot. But I saw Brooke and I didn't even recognize her. She cut all of her hair off, like really really short. It looks terrible. And I am not saying this to be mean, but she looked like she had gained at least 50 pounds. She looked awful. I don't know if it was her hair (or lack of) making her look heavier or what.

I tried talking to Dr Fromm about my hair, it is really falling out. He didn't really have any advice. He acted like it is not normal, but I know a lot of people here that it has happened to. He didn't really seem interested.

Hi, just started reading this thread. I live in Mineral Bluff Ga and will be having Dr Ponce do my surgery. I will also be a self pay. I am hoping to have the surgery done in Dec. Dr Ponce wants me to have it done at Memorial because I had heart surgery a couple of years ago. It adds about 3000 to the cost. I too was told that the first year fills would be $50 then 125 after that. I am currently having test on my gallbladder. He wants it out before surgery. My UGI will be done at the hosp. just before surgery. I am going to check out that 1000 fee and make sure it was incl in the price I was quoted.

It's great to hear from people who go to the same dr.

My consult with Dr. Ponce is this coming Tuesday (10/14) at Memorial Atrium on Gunbarrel Road. I'll let y'all know how it goes. I'm planning on having my surgery done in Dalton, GA.

By the way, I've been google searching for a 32oz BPA-free water bottle, and Rock Creek Outfitters (North Shore Chattanooga) sells what looks like a great one, the CamelBak Better 1 liter bottle (spill-proof, dishwasher safe, and it comes in several colors). About $12 if I remember correctly. I'm probably going to buy one tomorrow. You can check it out at rockcreek.com.

By the way, I've been google searching for a 32oz BPA-free Water bottle, and Rock Creek Outfitters (North Shore Chattanooga) sells what looks like a great one, the CamelBak Better 1 liter bottle (spill-proof, dishwasher safe, and it comes in several colors). About $12 if I remember correctly. I'm probably going to buy one tomorrow. You can check it out at rockcreek.com.

That is a good idea.That gves me a good excuse to go in there. I have been wanting to go there since before they moved the store. I pass there everyday taking my son to school on that side of town.

That's good that they owe you some money for a change. I think they will owe me some money too, if they ever get with the program and appeal my insurance. Anyway, I went in Wednesday for my 3rd fill. They didn't charge me anything for it. I don't know why, and I didn't ask. I didn't have any money to pay anyway. Dr Fromm did the fill. I waited forever, and I was the only one there. Everytime I go, I wait at least an hour.

You are right about Johnna, she has lost a lot. But I saw Brooke and I didn't even recognize her. She cut all of her hair off, like really really short. It looks terrible. And I am not saying this to be mean, but she looked like she had gained at least 50 pounds. She looked awful. I don't know if it was her hair (or lack of) making her look heavier or what.

I tried talking to Dr Fromm about my hair, it is really falling out. He didn't really have any advice. He acted like it is not normal, but I know a lot of people here that it has happened to. He didn't really seem interested.

Brooke does look bad. She hadn't cut her hair when I went in last week, so it isn't the hair that is making her look that big.

I have never seen Dr. Fromm. It doesn't sound good that he didn't at least pretend to have interest in what you were saying as the patient. I wonder how long he has actually been doing the surgeries. Maybe that is why he has not heard of the Hair loss. I know when I went to my pre-op class, the hair loss was mentioned. They actually said it was due to the trauma of the surgery on the body. They said that every one experiences it to some degree. I hope that you see some improvement in it soon.

I told my wife this morning about the CamelBak Better bottle and she asked if it was insulated - I hadn't thought about that. So I went back to www.rockcreek.com and found out that CamelBak also sells an insulated sleeve for the bottle. But the sleeve is only available for the .75 liter (24oz) bottle. So I guess my wife and I will buy the .75 liter version (she wants pink). Here is a link to see what it looks like:

CamelBak

I like the look of that bottle, but there is one problem. Dr. Ponce says no straws. We inhale too much air with each sip. You might want to show it to them before you actually use after surgery.

Brooke does look bad. She hadn't cut her hair when I went in last week, so it isn't the hair that is making her look that big.

I have never seen Dr. Fromm. It doesn't sound good that he didn't at least pretend to have interest in what you were saying as the patient. I wonder how long he has actually been doing the surgeries. Maybe that is why he has not heard of the Hair loss. I know when I went to my pre-op class, the hair loss was mentioned. They actually said it was due to the trauma of the surgery on the body. They said that every one experiences it to some degree. I hope that you see some improvement in it soon.

I think she just cut her hair last week. It does not look good at all. When I went to the preop class, they told me my hair wouldn't fall out, that it only happens to gastric bypass patients. They were so wrong.

That seems odd that they said it wasn't a problem at your pre-op class, but then said that everyone loses some hair at my pre-op class. Oh well, it was even in a book that I read about gastric banding. It said that although some people swear by taking Biotin, that in truth nothing but time will help. Some women on this forum have sworn by the biotin too. Thankfully, the daily Vitamin that I take has biotin in it. I guess time will tell how much hair I actually lose when the time comes.

I have been taking Biotin, and it is not helping. Dr Fromm said I should make sure I am getting 60 grams of Protein a day. I'm probably not getting that. So I got a protein mix at Walmart. I am going to try it. If it doesn't help I don't know what I will do.

I have the Protein bullets. They taste ok in crystal light. I have also made Jello with them. Another trick that I have been doing to get protein is adding non-fat milk powder to things like my coffee in the morning. I drink sugar free carnation instant Breakfast. I think if it is only the protein, I will be ok.

Thanks slim-n-tn about the heads-up about straws. I haven't had my conference yet with Dr. Ponce so I hadn't heard the rules. I bought the CamelBak bottle today, and the straw is integrated into the underside of the screw lid, with a special flip-up bite valve that you bite while you sip. So there couldn't be much air getting into the straw. I'll bring it with me Tuesday and see what Dr. Ponce says. The bottle at Rock Creek was $13 and the insulated sleeve was $10. First time I had visited Rock Creek since they moved - the store is huge and very nice.

I tried pouring the entire New-Whey 42g Protein bullet into the 24 oz (.75 liter) CamelBak bottle and topping off with Water - it does have a slight aftertaste that I don't remember from the 25g bullet. I think I'll probably put half of the bullet into the bottle twice a day - that will give me 48 oz of liquid and a total of 42g Protein. Also, I'm going to try adding crystal light also. Maybe by the time I start my pre-op diet I'll have this down.

slim, when do you go for your first fill?

I get my first fill at my 4 week appointment on 10/23

Thanks slim-n-tn about the heads-up about straws. I haven't had my conference yet with Dr. Ponce so I hadn't heard the rules. I bought the CamelBak bottle today, and the straw is integrated into the underside of the screw lid, with a special flip-up bite valve that you bite while you sip. So there couldn't be much air getting into the straw. I'll bring it with me Tuesday and see what Dr. Ponce says. The bottle at Rock Creek was $13 and the insulated sleeve was $10. First time I had visited Rock Creek since they moved - the store is huge and very nice.

I tried pouring the entire New-Whey 42g Protein bullet into the 24 oz (.75 liter) CamelBak bottle and topping off with Water - it does have a slight aftertaste that I don't remember from the 25g bullet. I think I'll probably put half of the bullet into the bottle twice a day - that will give me 48 oz of liquid and a total of 42g Protein. Also, I'm going to try adding crystal light also. Maybe by the time I start my pre-op diet I'll have this down.

I split my protein bullet in half myself. It does leave a little bit of an aftertaste when you drink the whole thing. The only time I use the whole thing now is in Jello. Let me know what they say about that bottle. I really like it. If they tell you it should be ok, I will go buy myself one.