Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Fitness Challenge

The purpose of this thread is to get moving more than you did the month before. Try some new activity or work on something you are trying to improve in the fitness area.

My goal for this month is to start on my 1,000 mile bike ride. I made a New Year's resolution to ride 1,000 miles between mid-March and the end of the October. Goal for this month is 75 miles.

My goal this Month of March is to collectively get on the elliptical for 24 hours for the entire month of March! I know I can do it. I'm 23 days post op and have already started yesterday on the first of the month. Got one hour in YAY!!! :D

I am starting the p90x program tomorrow. My march goal is to do it 6 days a week for the whole month (3 month program). It will be a challenge. :) part of this challenge is also following the nutrition plan ythat is 1800 calories and 50, 30, 20 (percentiles for Protein, carb and fat, respectively) for me height and gender.

Edited by Fiddleman

Hi everyone!

I am still on restricted duty from my surgeon but I would like to set my goal to walk 30 minutes a day!! I would also like to set the goal of signing up for a gym membership. I am really lacking motivation right now so hope this helps!

I'm eleven years out and ready to start an exercise program to take off the 30 lbs that I've gained over the past years.

I'm committed to taking a cardio swim class twice a week. I do better in classes because of the social aspect. And I have hired a personal trainer to work on specifics like strength and toning. I hate to exercise, so we'll see how this goes. I'd like to get those thirty pounds off. I was at my best health wise when I was at goal weight.

Thanks for posting this thread as we all need the motivation. I have a theme this month: March is a Verb. In otherwise, time to get marching! I am working out 80 minutes 4-5 times a week and really need to make sure I am doing something every single day, or even doubling up some on the days when I have a workout. So, my goals:

1) Get back down to the basement for sporadic 10-20 minutes on the treadmill even on days when I've already worked out

2) Any day that is not too cold call a friend to walk at the lake.

3) Check out the pool at parents' retirement facility. No one uses it and getting a little swimming in would be a great thing. Can start slowly.

4) Do PT exercises with my husband -- they are great for me, too (working with weights).

5) Keeping drinking lots of my drink (32 ounce glass bottle filled 3/4 way with Water, then cranberry juice unsweetened, aloe vera and magnesium). Get in 2-3 of these a day.

My goal this Month of March is to collectively get on the elliptical for 24 hours for the entire month of March! I know I can do it. I'm 23 days post op and have already started yesterday on the first of the month. Got one hour in YAY!!! :D

Way to go!

The purpose of this thread is to get moving more than you did the month before. Try some new activity or work on something you are trying to improve in the fitness area.

My goal for this month is to start on my 1,000 mile bike ride. I made a New Year's resolution to ride 1,000 miles between mid-March and the end of the October. Goal for this month is 75 miles.

This is really great. One of my goals for later in the spring is to get a bike. We may even have one in our barn that can be refitted for me -- or sometimes bikes appear at our town recycling center. Anyway, I can't wait to do some biking. It's such a lifestyle thing as we can't really bike where we live -- too rural of an area, just not safe on our back roads. So it's a matter of taking the bike to a bike path. I want to find out all the places to do this and get my head into the game. Then just need the snow to melt and to get riding!

My March goal is going to be:

Increase elliptical time by 5 minutes a week. I'm at 30 min/day now

Workout 4-5 days/week for at least 50 minutes.

I'm eleven years out and ready to start an exercise program to take off the 30 lbs that I've gained over the past years.

I'm committed to taking a cardio swim class twice a week. I do better in classes because of the social aspect. And I have hired a personal trainer to work on specifics like strength and toning. I hate to exercise, so we'll see how this goes. I'd like to get those thirty pounds off. I was at my best health wise when I was at goal weight.

Swimming, yay! So happy to see a post from a long-term bander -- you are doing beautifully. Personal trainer a great idea. I know you can get those thirty off and feel really good again. I used to hate to exercise but then I saw a Ted Talk about pretending to like it and then having that become the new reality. I do like it afterwards, always, but it's the dread of doing it that gets me caught up in a web of procrastination.

Count me in too please.

My goal is to increase my treadmill incline and start running right now I am the speed of 3.0, 60 min, 0 incline a day! Exercise bike to 30 min and weight lifting to 30min and I 'd like to add Zumba to my week.

Edited by BellaHugz

My goal for March is 20 hours of exercise. Super excited to have signed up for my first ever 5k- March 29th! I'll be walking it with some friends (one has knee issues) but hoping to be far enough along in my training that I could run 3/4 of it if I chose.

Goal status: 2.5/20

Edited by HumorMe00

P90x chest and back today with 25# dumbbells. Enjoyed all the push-up and pull up variations without weight too. Strict strength and no cardio at all. Different for me after doing cross fit and other @ home DVDs because no cardio at all and what seems like really long breaks between sets. I am used to no breaks within a workout, but then again, was probably doing less strength training as it is traditionally defined Felt moderate (not too hard), but after 1.5 hour, got light headed and shakey. I will need to eat a little more afterwards than just the p90x recovery drink. :) 89 days to go....

Edited by Fiddleman

Funny this post should be up, thanx..starting my 84 day bodybuilding challenge tomarrow..would have been today..but I worked O.T., to late to hit the gym..got my program, my trainer, my schedule,my diet and believe it or not, I think Im ready!!!! So tomarrow (March 4th) is Day 1!!!!

My goal this month is to work with a personal trainer to increase my strength training in addition to my cardio 4-5 x per week.