Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters, What did you eat today???

Really sounds like you could do with a fill babes!

I've been quite good for my day off day although I've not eaten all the veg I should have as the dog ate it instead (Cowbag, she is!)

Off out for my curry now.... quite hungry so I'm looking forward to it.... I never watch what i'm eating on Saturdays, so it's as much as I like, which is usually pitifully little if I'm totally honest, but I don't care because I'm NOT on a diet!!!

Yesterday I had the MIL to the house, she has

The trick with drinking I find is to keep a small bottle of Water near to me and sip it when it catches my eye... that way I make sure I get through at least 4 a day! HTH

no idea I've been banded....

B: cambridge bar

L; 1 glass of white wine to loosen band,:) 2 thin slices of roast lamb, braised red cabbage, 2 small roast potatoes about 4 carrot slices and a mouthful of broccoli and a tablespoon of braised red cabbage...... then pudd! small slice of chocolate raspberry pavlova and a spoon of bread and butter pudding:o:o

My saving grace was that before I'd have had a massive slice of pav and a bowlful of bread and butter pudding with custard.....

I at nothing else for the rest of the day, so the damage wasn't that bad and I didn't embarrass myself by pb'ing:D although I probably deserved to:o

Today has been better:clap2:

B: Fresh raspberries off the top of the pavlova (threw the rest in the bin!:P (how good am I??) then pb'd the lot:o

so later had a cambridge bar!

Lunch: handful of salad leaves with balsamic vinegar and handful of almonds.... pb'd again :(

Went to bed at 4pm in disgust as nothing solid is/was staying down....

had a herb oatcake with cottage cheese on at 7pm it's stayed down but I feel really full

I've got some slow cooked chicken and leftover veg from yesterday..... we'll see how that goes, If I still feel like this I won't bother!

Well, head was in the mealtime mode.... so dished up chicken, and veg..... pb'd... started again....same again..... gave up, no dinner for me.... I'm not hungry, but I feel utterly utterly cheated!!!

If I was on a diet.... I'd be giving up about now!

So today I've essentially eaten

a cambridge bar, and a oatcake with cottage cheese:mad:, it's not that I'm hungry it's just that i WANT to eat!

It's often said that the op is on your stomach not your head... it's so true... i chose my restriction, although it chooses to change all the time!

I just need to give up on chicken now, it's come back so many times, I think that it's just not worth the drama!

Well, it's 9.45 and I'm going to bed

:notagree

Yesterday I had a small egg mayo wrap, a low fat yoghurt, a low fat Cereal bar and a prune throughout the day. Then for tea, my husband cooked a chilli with a small quantity of rice (rice does not like me!)

So not too bad.

Today, I have a small egg mayo wrap, a low fat yoghurt, prunes and sunflower seeds for the day then for tea I shall have a low fat ready meal with a couple of new potatoes.

Anon, it sounds to me as though the food is not staying down you on a regular basis. I find that worrying? Do you think it is the quantities that make you pb'd or the food itself? Be careful and I hope you have a better day today.

I think that my problem is that my restriction is so changeable...

Yesterday I found the daytime hard :)

B: Cambridge shake

L Cambridge bar

Dinner; 50g Salmon with Cranberry compote, rice and stirfry veg (about 3tblspns)

Later two bites of son's apple and half a muller light layer yoghurt

No pb's! :clap2:

I think I just have to learn to go with whatever restriction I have for the day and not stress about how much I'm consuming... I may even stop counting the calories:eek:Not sure yet if I'm ready to let go of that though! ;)

disaster struck at the gym yesterday.... twisted my ankle at step aerobics... I've not done it for about 12 months, overslept got to gym minus my ipod, so hung around til the class started..... I kept up no problems :Dbut it was a very complicated routine and I lost myself jumping up and doing straddle lunges and went over on my left ankle.... :cryit's all swollen, but doesn't hurt too much.:rolleyes.. today was arms, back and chest so I was able to do that no problem... if it's still bad tomorrow, then I'll have to do my cardio in the pool, not sure how that will work, as I don't think I work hard enough when I swim.:guess

Today I've had

B;40g of Kellogs all bran oat bakes..... they were lovely! :hungry:

S; two slices of cold roast lamb... took it slowly chewed well, and stopped before the problems started! I'm learning really I am:clap2:

Brandychic;

Thanks for pointing out to me just how much I was pb'ing..... until you said it, it hadn't really registered..... i re read my posts and it's true, I'd been there far too much of recent days.....

I will make a concerted effort to avoid at all costs!

Glad you have a had a good day! I was ok but yet again hit the scales and not lost anything. How is that possible on 700 calories a day??? That is plateauing at its max! After 6 months +of it I am getting fed up. I am back on the sensible eating after hitting a bad patch and even that is doing nothing!

Still I will carry on until my next appointment! So today we have a low fat yoghurt for Breakfast, a lettuce and Tomato salad with lean ham for lunch. Not sure about tea as the hubby is cooking. But I have warned him not do much!

I am seeing the dietician today for the first time (in England that is! see on in France once) so wish me luck. Hopefully I will suddenly realise where I have gone wrong all this time!

Keep going Anon, you are doing so well. Don't worry about the ankle. If it is no better you can build up your muscle in the pool. It is very good on the legs and shoulders.

Well yesterday I ate loads and loads!!

Brekki and snack as already listed.

then had roast veg and cheddar panini with frappucino light in Starbucks

4 squares of dark chocolate smeared with Peanut Butter

trukey chilli with rice (small portion)

handful almonds

200g fromage frais with choc options mixed in

Actually not that bad, but loads more than I've managed over the last few days... no pb's either!

today I'm having a frugal day with lots of veg and lean protein....

Plan is

B; l/f cottage cheese with pineapple

L; roll mop herring with salad

d; cod portion with broccoli and cauliflower.

No snacking!!!

Might not work that way but we'll see!!

It's good to have a plan even if don't keep completely to it, at least you know what you are trying to achieve! Well done Anon.

Last night I went shopping then went home, my husband was out skittling, so all on my own. I managed all evening without snacking at all! Thought about it a thousand times mind you!! But I have my very serious head on at the moment and I am managing to keep to a very balanced eating. I saw a dietician yesterday and she said that I lacked dairies and Protein in my diet, so she will devise a plan for me in the next few days. We will see how this go. If there is a big miracle...like me starting to lose weight again after 8 months of plateauing...then I will share the wisdom to you all! LOL!

Hi Pips. Sorry I haven't been around recently. I haven't had any computer whilst travelling the country visiting my sisters. Absolutely whacked, was relieved to finally get home.

Nice to see you on the boards Brandy, sorry to hear about your plateau though. That does seem like a very long time, have you spoken to whoever did your band? Sorry if you have said this before, have tried to catch up on all posts, but started going cross eyed.

Anon, you poor thing, treat that ankle gently, even swimming can do damage. Believe me I know, I have twisted my ankles so often in my life.

As for your PB'ing, have you had another fill, it sounds like you could be a little to tight.

I finally have good news for you all! I have reached my first goal of 210lbs. I thought this day would never come. I am wondering if OOlong tea has anything to do with it? I started drinking it 2 weeks ago and my weight began to shift. I saw an ad for it on this site, the one about Oprah Winfrey. I didn't buy it from that site, ridiculously expensive, but got some on ebay. I really enjoy it. Have any of you heard of it? Oh you can also get it at Whittards.

Added to that if you suffer from bad wind, the tea really helps to get ri d of it. I'm almost considering it a blessing!

Right, any suggestions for my next goal? So glad to be back and hearing how everyone is doing.

Sx

Well, I think I am getting the hang of small portions again. No snacking in between either.

Yesterday I had:

Breakfast: 1 ham roll

lunch: Cereal with low fat milk, sunflower seeds

tea: burger and mash with onion gravy. (small portion)

My only snack in the day was a cup of green tea with 2 biscuits at 9.30pm.

I feel happy with that. Not sure what the scales will think but will let you know on Friday!

That's brilliant Brandy :)

I think I may have to start saving for a fill again, I'm eating a lot more than I was doing.

Mind you, I don't think this fill changed my appetite much anyway.

But, have filled my fridge with lots of salad and I am back with Johnny, I really felt lost without my regular exercse. I can't believe I am saying this :)

Ok guys time for me to get back on here posting!

I've been having a bit of a tantrum.... the scales moved UP last week! (OMG!) how can that be possible without eating lots of food? ???

I sprained my ankle at the gym. It's all swollen and hurts quite a bit.... it's made me a bit miserable! No cardio to speak of for a week! Even the dog didn't get her walk! :)

This morning did legs and abs at the gym with ankle strapping, still a bit swollen, but the pain has gone off now! Got on scales and lost my 3lb gain, Plus another 1.5lb!!! Very happy!:clap2:

No idea how that happened, I've been eating around 1700 calories a day... about twice as much as usual!

Shall I keep eating at that pace or slow it down?

Cor that's a toughie H!

1700 is quite high for us bandsters, isn't it? Although you are doing a lot of exercise.

On that point, BAD GIRL for doing exercise with a still swollen ankle. It doesn't matter that it doesn't hurt any more, you can still cause long term damage. Sorry bit of a nazi when it comes to joints. We unfortunately pay for the consequences later in life. You don't want to be svelte and hobbling on a walking stick, do you? Nuff said.

Congrats on losing your gain! It does happen especially if you haven't been as active as much, I know I put on 3lbs over the weekend, hoping it has comeo ff now, I daren't stand on the scales, just in case it has gone up further. I want to bury my head in the sand!

I hear what you're saying about the exercise on a swollen ankle... I'm suffering again today, so I'm wearing my support and NOT doing any cardio until it settles down (I know that I need to rest it in order to let it heal... it's just that I've gotten so much out of my programme in the last 6 weeks I don't want to go backwards!

Well, I've figured out that if I don't eat anything solid until the evening my restriction is still good for the evening.... if I start eating solid stuff for brekkie, I struggle with it then it slackens off and by my evening meal it's completely gone!!! So with this in mind I've been having Meal Replacement for brekkie and a Protein shot for lunch

food for 6/6/07

B: Cambridge shake

L; IDS New whey Protein shot (42g protein!)

D: recipe in this month's Good food magazine, vegetable and chickpea tagine with cous cous

Later; small handful of raw unsalted almonds.

Feeling positive, but frustrated as I know I can't exercise. (never thought I'd see myself writing that!!)