Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LBL February 18

Post op day 8

Low energy from over doing it day 7. Drains running more red. Stayed down. Watching stuff on the iPad. Had visit from a close friend. She brought groceries :)

Post op day 9

Don't get the stomach flu early post op. If you do, keep your binder on cause that holds your surgery together while you wretch for 5 hours. Between the entire abdominal wall contracting and the intense flank and thigh pain from the flu, it was probably the worst pain I've ever had. Of course I couldn't take any pain meds and keep them down. My DH stayed up with me all night and kept me packed in ice. He stayed with me all day today. I've been asleep all day. Fever comes down with Advil but shoots right back up as it wears off. Back in pain meds so I am comfortable.

I'm drinking ginger tea, Water, and white grape juice for some calories. My poor immune system.

I was to get drains out tomorrow. Now I will wait until Monday because I am contagious with high fever. From talking to nurse on the phone, doesn't appear that I hurt my surgery. They will check me out on Monday.

Yuck.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hope you feel better. Last couple of weeks, I had severe allergy attacks, that was aweful, constant sneezing!

>Hope you feel better. Last couple of weeks, I had severe allergy attacks, that was aweful, constant sneezing!

Thank you for the encouragement. It lifts my spirits to read your replies. Fever broke last night and I am almost human again :0

skiddles I did see that tree allergy season has started in the PNW. Do you treat your allergies?

Sweetpea, I added Doc Martin to my Amazon watch list. I just watched House of Cards and Scandal. Holy smokes!

I had questions and now I can't remember them. Oh here's one, did you stay on antibiotics while you had drains in? I have to stay on them as long as I have drains. My drains could come out today but I won't go to doctor until Monday so that means being on high does of antibiotics for four days I don't need them. (grumpy face) I've been on probiotic that I started a week before surgery.

There must be a faster way to up load photos? I posted to the member gallery then I was able to attach them here? post-134789-0-35702600-1393636296_thumb.jpg post-134789-0-29923300-1393636312_thumb.jpg post-134789-0-68200300-1393636320_thumb.jpg post-134789-0-32821600-1393636327_thumb.jpg post-134789-0-70773300-1393636336_thumb.jpg post-134789-0-65820500-1393636345_thumb.jpg post-134789-0-95907700-1393636353_thumb.jpg

I can't tell if you all can read the dates? The orange sweatshirt pic was taken preop in January. The blue long John's shirt is preop (hopefully that's obvious. Lol). The rest are post op surgery pics at days 1, 7, & 9.

Edited by CBT

Great Pics! My drains were in my pubic area. Belly Button looks great! I didn't take antibiotic when came home from the hospital, the 3rd day I got a 101.6 temperature.I had to stay on antibiotics till the drains came out. That's when the allergies started. Now I take Mucionex.

I'm bummed to be on so much antibiotic. My GI is torn up from stomach flu. Working on acceptance. Only til Monday. Drain appointment Monday morning.

You look great. Do panties cover the scar normally? Sorry to hear about the flu- what nightmare timing. Feel better soon.

You look great. Do panties cover the scar normally? Sorry to hear about the flu- what nightmare timing. Feel better soon.

The front scar seems to be covered. I'm not really sure until the swelling goes down and I get out of the compression garment. I think the back scar will drop and then fall below the pantie line.

Thanks for the well wishes. It was really bad timing and at least I was 8 days out! Ugh. Still have queasy tummy. I think the antibiotic is contributing to the problem.

Great Pics! My drains were in my pubic area. Belly Button looks great! I didn't take antibiotic when came home from the hospital, the 3rd day I got a 101.6 temperature.I had to stay on antibiotics till the drains came out. That's when the allergies started. Now I take Mucionex.

Are you taking a probiotic? You might look into that. You can take capsule. While you hurt has loads of probiotic, it lacks broad spectrum and if you antibiotic are anything like mine, I doubt yogurt is enough!

Mucinex? Is it an allergy formula?

I hope you find relief! Allergies are the pits. My deck is coated yellow from the tree pollens this week.

I'm done with all the antibiotics.My allergies are gone for now, Musinex is great for breaking up the mucus in your throat. Where do u live! we're getting more snow.

I'm in the Pacific Northwest where it is chucking down rain in preparation for more spring rain :)

Cool- Opposite side of the country!

Post op days 11 sat/12 sun

Nothing much. Trying to combat the nausea from the flu. Taking a long while to recover. Wonder if it's harder with sleeve in general to recover from stomach flu or if it's down to my body already working so hard. First stomach bug I've had since being sleeved.

A bit worried that I don't have an appetite to get my Protein needs met. Forced myself to eat on Sunday.

Missing yoga.

Ready for drain to come out.

Post op days 11 sat/12 sun

Nothing much. Trying to combat the nausea from the flu. Taking a long while to recover. Wonder if it's harder with sleeve in general to recover from stomach flu or if it's down to my body already working so hard. First stomach bug I've had since being sleeved.

A bit worried that I don't have an appetite to get my Protein needs met. Forced myself to eat on Sunday.

Missing yoga.

Ready for drain to come out.

I think your recovery is protracted b/c of surgery. My boss just got a Tummy Tuck over Xmas then got the flu two weeks later. She's not sleeved but said flu right after surgery was horrendous. If you stay hydrated, I suspect a week or so not hitting Protein won't be too detrimental. Maybe add a shake or two to your day or unflavored powder to some Soup. I like Unjury's chicken Soup flavored Protein Powder.