Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LBL February 18

All through the preop. Talked with the surgicenter nurse. First case. 6:30 am. Scheduled for 3 hours. Dr said probably 2.5. Amazing. Lower body lift with breast lift and implants in 2.5 hours :)

Getting through the weekend will be interesting. I'm too busy in the week to think about it. Eeeeeeaaaaappppp

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. Been thinking about a LBL too.

Good Luck! Hard to believe only 2.5 hrs, I just had the LBL and mine was 6 hrs

Good Luck! Hard to believe only 2.5 hrs, I just had the LBL and mine was 6 hrs

I know right? I keep reading the average is 4 hours. I think it's because there is no tightening of my lower abs because I've had ventral hernia repair. So it's really a lot about skin removal and lifting. I'm going to have to ask cause the time difference is stuck in my head.

Let us know how your doing! You'll do fine I try to write stuff down all the time on my thread 'cause I forget. I don't know if anybody reads them, they're there and I like to go back and see my progress.

Let us know how your doing! You'll do fine I try to write stuff down all the time on my thread 'cause I forget. I don't know if anybody reads them, they're there and I like to go back and see my progress.

I'm gonna attempt to do that. Write stuff. The ppl who've written before me are a gold mine of information. It helps me make it mental.

I will plan to post on the 19th. I'm overnight in the surgicenter and I don't think I'll take my phone...?

I'm staying really busy today.

Grateful to be the first case :)

Oh! I made a pot of 1) chicken, sweet potato, butternut squash, and spinach Soup and 2) a pork, Lima bean and corn crockpot for post op easy thaw meals. I premeasured and froze them so my DH can quick fix for me.

I want to eat really well. I know I won't be hungry so I want whatever I eat to be super dooper nutritious.

It's great when you can go back and see that others feel the same as you. Especially when you have issues!

Today is the day! Hope all is going great and you have a smooth recovery! That is an amazing estimate for surgical time - under 3 hours! Wow, and cool.

Keep us posted.

So, i had several procedures at once and the LBL was the grandaddy... take the surgeons advice seriously about slowly returning to activity. It is a big deal surgery but OH SO WORTH IT! It is astounding how much difference it made to my looks even in clothing - and bye bye spanx!!! woo hoo

Thanks for thinking of me Cowgirl!

I'm doing fantastic! Surgery was 3 hours. Amazing. Five and half pounds removed. I also had mastopexy and augmentation.

I'll post more later about surgeon discussion on time.

I'm at hospital until tomorrow. Little queasy at times and caffeine headache. Drinking chicken broth as I'm know to get Water nausea. Compression is tight. Waiting on ice pack.

Everyone from surgical team said I look "amazing." Nurses and PA random remarks "totally flat" "you're one tiny lady" and that I did really great and everything went really well. So glowing reports. That makes me smile.

Bring on the healing!

Sending good thoughts your way!

It's 4am. I'm still at the hospital. The night has been pretty smooth. I've had an ice pack on my abdomen all night. No pain there. Pain in my boobs from swelling. Now that I have ice on them soooooo much better.

Lots of medication on board so I'm sleeping. It's all manageable here with the excellent nurses.

Glad your doing great! You must have had a team to get done that fast. The first couple days are rough then you'll start feeling human again! Keep posting!

Sue

I just got a peak!!! Wow. Wow. Wow. Just hasn't processed yet how different my body will look.

Regarding the length if the surgery:

So my surgeon has had the same team for 3 years. Including the anesthesiologist. They all anticipate what she needs and where she's going/what she's doing. She said she doesn't have to ask for anything. She said she feels privileged in that way. Very fortunate.

She also does a lot of these surgeries and believes that makes her very efficient.

She said when she has to do cases at the hospital (not her team) she has to add half hour for every procedure.

I'm finding ice works best to manage the breakthrough discomfort.

They're "boosting" my narcotic with Tylenol. Apparently that helps the narcotic and makes it more effective. I'm not in pain as much as the narcotic wears off fast at 4 hours and the hope is the Tylenol will help bridge the gap until the next dose is effective.

I ate turkey sandwich at sometime in the night and just had a yogurt. That'll help me feel more human. I'll be super human once I get good coffee.

Congratulations!!!! You sound wonderful.

Happy Healing,

Sweetpee

Congratulations on your incredible weight loss and surgery!