Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Looking great Dreaming! Makes me wish I did a before picture, but I didn't!

ReaRaes, sorry you still don't have your approval! What a long journey you are on. Sounds like you are busier than ever though, so maybe a good thing until you are moved and settled.

SullysRants, you are doing amazing! Must feel so great to have 50lbs off you!

Zom, great update with your doctor! So cool they want to possibly use you as an example, you go girl!

I'm doing ok, starting to be able to eat a little more. Just had my first ground turkey (about 1/4 of a cup) mixed with Beans. I had my upper GI on Thursday and all looked fine. I am on the small side (tight passway), so if it does get worse from scar tissue, I'd probably need to get it dilated. But don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary. I've been keeping up with my walking and the weight is slowly coming off (some weeks faster than others).

Hope everyone else is doing great.

So I am down 32 pounds and I am 1 month and 2 days out from surgery that was on February 28th. My husband is 11 days post op and I am hoping he has an easier time than I did. I swim 1.5 hours 3 days a week and I do Water aerobics too. Got a treadmill and I am moving it in our bedroom today so I can walk for 30 minutes a day while the hubby and I watch TV. I am still of work for 2 more weeks and I am on soft foods which has been a hit and miss but I feel like I am getting used to listening to my body and I hope that continues. Just took a picture of my face to show just how much thinner my face is. The first picture was taken in October not even my heaviest, and the other was last week. I was cleaning house so it's not to fancy but wanted to show some progress. Keep up the good work February losers!!!!

post-192170-0-03573900-1396219714_thumb.png

post-192170-0-77342600-1396219724_thumb.png

I'm not sure where to start or how this works, so I'll jump in... I had my gastric bypass 5 days ago. Stayed in hospital for 3 full days. No complications or drain. I'm allergic to codeine so I'm doing this with tylenol. Still on full liquids. I'm being super careful and just doing blended Soups and watery Protein Shakes. Sometimes i can take 3 or 4 TBSP- usually just 2. I'm looking forward to getting these staples out. Walking is extremely painful but the therapeutic pillow helps some. I'm a little jealous of my family when they get "real" food, but there's no way I'm cheating on this- I waited way too long to get my surgery approved. Anyway, probably the most boring intro ever. I don't really have anything exciting to report.

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread

Hi to you all,

Rae I really hope you get a date soon, you have had such a battle to get this far. Zom, how great to be a poster girl in the future, what an honour. The before and after pictures are looking so good and the weight losses seem to be going so well. Mine is going ok too, although it seems to have stopped for the past few days. It will kick in again soon I am sure but at the moment it is static. I will be 7 weeks tomorrow and my range of foods is actually quite good, I just can't predict what happens after I eat, always a bit of a lottery! Difficult if I am out and about, and i would like to have some foods which are always safe for times like that. I might have dumped a little on one occasion but the actual food I had eaten was not a problem at other times, I think it was a time of the day problem.

Take care all of you

Claire

I am 2 weeks out after my bypass. I have lost 20lbs. Is that normal? I am just starting the puree part of the diet. Any tips or recipes?

Bella,

I think that's perfectly reasonable. When I moved on to my pureed stage, I found recipes on a blog called The World According to Eggface. She had gastric bypss in '09, and she has a wonderful blog. The baked ricotta recipe was fantastic!! I am a month out and down 40 pounds since I started my pre-op diet. Keep doing well!! We are here if you need anything!!

Samantha

I'm never drinking coffee again. :(

I drank about 1/2 cup of coffee this morning and I dumped it and still feel miserable. Also it has made me do nothing but use the bathroom. Maybe I'll drink less if I ever get constipated but other than that NEVER again.

Thought I would share.

Hope everyone is doing good. Not much going on in this thread anymore.

oh no Zom, that stinks! Was is regular or Decaf? I've tried decaf a few times over the last few weeks and it's going good so far.

Nope not much going on, I miss all the action! Hope you all are doing well.

Gotta share this recipe!!!! I took a Quest chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar, cut it in 8 small pieces and baked them for 7 minutes at 350. Half way through, press them down a little. They turn out like chocolate chip cookies!!! So yummy. 21g of Protein, 1 sugar, low fat. And it's made with a natural sugar replacement! I'm going to do it again and bag them in like 2's so I can reach for them if I ever have a sweet or cookie craving.

oh no Zom, that stinks! Was is regular or Decaf? I've tried decaf a few times over the last few weeks and it's going good so far. Nope not much going on, I miss all the action! Hope you all are doing well. Gotta share this recipe!!!! I took a Quest chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein bar, cut it in 8 small pieces and baked them for 7 minutes at 350. Half way through, press them down a little. They turn out like chocolate chip cookies!!! So yummy. 21g of protein, 1 sugar, low fat. And it's made with a natural sugar replacement! I'm going to do it again and bag them in like 2's so I can reach for them if I ever have a sweet or cookie craving.

How long did you wait to try the quest bars? I'm having trouble with Protein Shakes and wanted to try them but I'm just a little over 4 weeks now.

I'm 8 weeks and just tried the Quest bars last week. Cooking them would be easier to eat earlier than just having them plain.

Hi,

Zom, you poor thing! I like your recipe idea Kim, though we don't have Quest bars here I don't think. The principle must work with other bars though, it sounds like a great idea. I miss all the activity on here too and knowing how people are doing.

I a not sure whether I have dumped as such because it is difficult to relate things to foods themselves. I seem to be able to cope with certain foods most of the time, but then sometimes I don't. I think it can be a time of the day problem, I am not good in the mornings. Yesterday was odd I was having palpitations and an uneven heart beat for most of the morning. Never had that before... When I ate I ended up with diarrhoea ++ and feeling really unwell for the rest of the day. I was better in the evening though and was able to eat then. As I was feeling odd before a small Breakfast I am not sure it was the food as such though. I wish that some foods were predictable for when I am out and about, just a limited number of foods would be fine. I never know when I am going to be ok or not which is a tad discombobulating! Rather tired and lightheaded quite a lot of the time which is a pain but all my bloodtests seem to be ok. Otherwise my range of foods is good and I don't seem to have had any real problems with foods... yet.

On holiday next week so fingers crossed that all is under control.

Take care all of you

Claire

It seems like we are all at that stage where foods some foods can be unpredictable! It can all depend on the time of day, how much did you drink before, how fast you eat, how big of bites you take, how juicy is the food and on and on and on. It is hard to figure it all out. I have a handful of go to foods that I am pretty confident will stay down so I can eat those when I’m traveling or out and about. For me it has been Beans, chili, crab cakes, yogurt, cheese, Protein shakes and most Soups. Sometimes after I eat I feel like I can’t move or I’ll throw up so I just sit for about 30 minutes and I’m usually fine after that.

I am still afraid of trying a salad but made up my mind to have one tonight or this weekend when I can be home in case there are adverse effects. I enjoy this forum and appreciate Kim R for starting it. It is good to compare notes with others at the same stage in our journey.

I'm 5 weeks post op and down 40lbs I feel a ton more energy then before . But about 3 wks post op I was re-admitted into the hospital at first they thought I was a hernia but after ct scans an what not they realized all the important things on my insides were ok but I had stretched a layer they sewed up in their way out of my belly ! It was such a horrible pain . With that being said I'm healed once again an feeling great but good is definitely becoming a issue for me . I had no issues eating at first an now it seems like it's a never ending problem I threw up all 3 meals the other day :S by the time I have to eat the thoughts of food alone make me feel sick ! After reading everyone's updates I guess it's kinda normal tho . I don't like that I can eat something one day and the next day eat the same thing an it comes back up . But I guess this is to be expected for sometime . I know I read on here right after surg that Wendy's chili was good for u an the Protein as well. I am so thankful to the person that mentioned it because that's one of the things that's never made me sick . I have really enjoyed reading everyone journeys it's so inspirational to hear an see the amazing progress ya'll are making .